Brendon Gale | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Brendon Gale

They used a search firm, search firms recruit highly paid execs all the time. It what they do. Sometimes an internal candidate gets the job, sometimes they don’t. That happens, it’s part of the process.
Wonder what criteria n parameters of the search were laid out for the recruiting firm. Find as much beige as possible n preferably a local who understands our home made game n insular market.

Bingo, just get Dilligan from next door.

Why do you have to argue about everything?

They used a search firm, search firms recruit highly paid execs all the time. It what they do. Sometimes an internal candidate gets the job, sometimes they don’t. That happens, it’s part of the process.

From the Age last year . 25% of $4 million is $1 million

In 2016, we knew that the AFL's then chief executive, McLachlan, was paid $1.72 million during 2015, his second year in charge of the competition. Since then, the amount that the CEO is paid – and it was more than $4 million (due to bonuses) in his final year – can only be estimated or sourced via the backdoor
I wasn’t arguing about that. It was paying a $1 million to find Dillon in the office next door to McLachlan. It was a farce, imo.
As I said, imo, Gale had him covered. Funny how each time they hire a recruitment firm the “best” candidate was working next door to the incumbent. Who does the hiring interviews? Is it the Commission? *smile* farce and a waste of money when they want to preach chest and expenditure belt tightening.

I don't care how much McLachlan was earning. If he earned $4 million or $6 million or $20 million. That’s merely a minor detail.
Geez you get triggered over such little things and say I argue about everything :p

Reactions: 1 user
Demitriou as head of the Commission is just throwing their boys' club arrangements in our faces. Everyone knows of his issues and yet the AFL knows they can just do what they want and ignore anything the supporters and club members want.

Such an arrogant bunch of corrupt incompetents.

DS

Reactions: 8 users
Demitriou as head of the Commission is just throwing their boys' club arrangements in our faces. Everyone knows of his issues and yet the AFL knows they can just do what they want and ignore anything the supporters and club members want.

Such an arrogant bunch of corrupt incompetents.

DS
Bloody “closed shop”.
What a waste of a $million. Should have just given it to Demetrius to put on 13 black at Crown.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
I wasn’t arguing about that. It was paying a $1 million to find Dillon in the office next door to McLachlan. It was a farce, imo.
As I said, imo, Gale had him covered. Funny how each time they hire a recruitment firm the “best” candidate was working next door to the incumbent. Who does the hiring interviews? Is it the Commission? *smile* farce and a waste of money when they want to preach chest and expenditure belt tightening.

I don't care how much McLachlan was earning. If he earned $4 million or $6 million or $20 million. That’s merely a minor detail.
Geez you get triggered over such little things and say I argue about everything :p
You are even arguing over whether you argue

• Haha
Andrew Dementia?!
The protection racket continues. Give us our game back.
Its incredible. If this happens, its a clear signal they are doubling down on the boys club modus operandi. Plenty of people have gone on the record saying Goyder is a bad chairman, AD is as bad, arguably worse, and bad look whichever way you slice it. As I've been saying for years, even though this is pretty much inevitable when there is no clear accountability, I keep thinking 'what will it take for them to undertake review and reform of the organisation? Even a mostly window-dressing minimal approach would do me, I'll take anything other than this continuing, worsening cesspit of an outfit.

Back to the thread topic, it is amazing, but as time passes it gets more obvious that Benny wasn't wanted for the job, and was crudely white anted in the media to justify it, because he's is too effective and too honest. Those qualities won't get you in the boys' Club

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
A couple of other options:

- Trevor Nisbett: finishing up this year at WCE. 34 years in the role, 4 flags, 7 GFs, 24 finals campaigns. Has seen WCE bottom out recently so would have learnings from that. But, after 34 years and at 67yo, is he cooked?

- Wayne Campbell: has had a variety of roles in footy, both administrative, footy departments and ran the umpires association (Benny did the same for the players association). Knows the club, former captain. Would he be ready for such a role?

- Trevor Nisbett: finishing up this year at WCE. 34 years in the role, 4 flags, 7 GFs, 24 finals campaigns. Has seen WCE bottom out recently so would have learnings from that. But, after 34 years and at 67yo, is he cooked?

- Wayne Campbell: has had a variety of roles in footy, both administrative, footy departments and ran the umpires association (Benny did the same for the players association). Knows the club, former captain. Would he be ready for such a role?
Both no Nisbett was part of that eagles era full of controversies and the substance abuse.

Campbell never liked him as a player or personality was all about himself.

Nisbett is a gun. WC are flush with cash. Brand new facilities, members queuing up. Reckon he’s happy to step away from footy for a while but if we got him for next 5 yrs to provide that stability through a rebuild I’d be happy.
Don’t think Campbo is ready to jump from HoFooty to CEO just yet.
I would like to see Ian Robson involved in interviews. Very good operator. Got stitched up at Bombers but the cult of James Hird and the sycophants that protected him.