Brendon Gale | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Brendon Gale

The other contenders are apparently Simon Kelleher (CFO and COO and Board Director at Geelong) and Brad Lloyd (GM OF Football at Carlton).

Reactions: 1 users
Thoughts on them Redders?
My understanding of Kelleher is that he wields a lot of influence at Geelong, was instrumental in helping get all the backing for the re development at Geelong and the future development as well. Commercially, Geelong are absolutely killing it nowadays.

Chartered Accountant by background I see. Worked at Carlton for a while too before joining Geelong.

Very sound operator from what I can gather.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
My understanding of Kelleher is that he wields a lot of influence at Geelong, was instrumental in helping get all the backing for the re development at Geelong and the future development as well. Commercially, Geelong are absolutely killing it nowadays.

Chartered Accountant by background. Worked at Carlton for a while too before joining Geelong I believe. Very sound operator from what I can gather.
Cheers Drof (y)

Thanks for the 3 flags but boy you’re leaving the place an absolute mess.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Thanks for the 3 flags but boy you’re leaving the place an absolute mess.

Could not agree more.

Dimma, Gale and to a lesser extent - Peggy (because she left when her term was up), have soured their legacies by leaving when the club is in a terrible state.

Of those 3, Benny Gale was the one who should have stayed on to make sure the club stayed on track while we rebuilt the playing list and made sure rash decisions weren’t made off the field. But instead, he’ll be following Dimma into working for the enemy (the AFL). It’s very disappointing.

What is also disappointing is that there aren’t many proper Richmond people at the club anymore. Off the top of my head, we have Newman (who I have never rated), Lambert and Morris.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Could not agree more.

Dimma, Gale and to a lesser extent - Peggy (because she left when her term was up), have soured their legacies by leaving when the club is in a terrible state.

Of those 3, Benny Gale was the one who should have stayed on to make sure the club stayed on track while we rebuilt the playing list and made sure rash decisions weren’t made off the field. But instead, he’ll be following Dimma into working for the enemy (the AFL). It’s very disappointing.

What is also disappointing is that there aren’t many proper Richmond people at the club anymore. Off the top of my head, we have Newman (who I have never rated), Lambert and Morris.
What a shallow view.

Reactions: 2 users
How hard would you work knowing the boss is going elsewhere in 8 weeks??

If the CEO leaves, I'm unlikely to report directly to him/her so unless my direct manager also leaves, it doesn't make much difference.

If anything I'll work harder as there will likely be a leadership shake up and I'll want to have a good case for continuance or promotion.

I love the takes of all those on here who would cruise and bludge though - when the new CEO starts he/she will ask managers who should/stay go then it's bye-bye time for you lazy slackers.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
If the CEO leaves, I'm unlikely to report directly to him/her so unless my direct manager also leaves, it doesn't make much difference.

If anything I'll work harder as there will likely be a leadership shake up and I'll want to have a good case for continuance or promotion.

I love the takes of all those on here who would cruise and bludge though - when the new CEO starts he/she will ask managers who should/stay go then it's bye-bye time for you lazy slackers.
Let’s see who gets cut then.

Reactions: 1 user