Brendon Gale | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Brendon Gale

Surely we are considering Cain Liddle.

He put the ground work into Carlton. And the only person to have the knackers to get rid of SOS.

Reactions: 15 users
I am surprised that anyone is putting credence on who the media says we are looking at. They would be getting crumbs about who the search firm is talking to at best and they would be talking to lots of people.

Reactions: 4 users
I am surprised that anyone is putting credence on who the media says we are looking at. They would be getting crumbs about who the search firm is talking to at best and they would be talking to lots of people.
I hope we aren’t using the same firm the afl did.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
I hope we aren’t using the same firm the afl did.
Search firms don’t pick the person they do the leg work, identify candidates, short list, provide information, do psych testing etc .

The AFL picked Laura Kane in the end, not the search firm.

Reactions: 1 users
Search firms don’t pick the person they do the leg work, identify candidates, short list, provide information, do psych testing etc .

Well I hope the search firm finds some decent candidates. Not charge $1 million and then find a bloke in the next office to McLachlan was amongst the best candidate (shock, surprise).
What was their short list again? Dillon and Gale? Reportedly a $1 million for that service. No thanks.

Well I hope the search firm finds some decent candidates. Not charge $1 million and then find a bloke in the next office to McLachlan was amongst the best candidate (shock, surprise).
What was their short list again? Dillon and Gale? Reportedly a $1 million for that service. No thanks.
Based on that no search firm would ever recommend someone already working for an organisation which of course is incorrect and so it should be.
One of the reasons they are used is to put internal candidates through exactly the same process as everyone else so that if you do pick them you will have the assurance that you have measured everyone exactly the same way.
They would charge 15-25% of annual salary, depends on the job.

Willo you have it all wrong. The firm the AFL hired did an outstanding job. After a long and rigouress search that left no stone unturned they gave the AFL exactly the answer they wanted.
I hope whoever we use does exactly the same thing- tho I hope the answer we want is to find the best person for the job, not the closest person.

Reactions: 4 users
Willo you have it all wrong. The firm the AFL hired did an outstanding job. After a long and rigouress search that left no stone unturned they gave the AFL exactly the answer they wanted.
I hope whoever we use does exactly the same thing- tho I hope the answer we want is to find the best person for the job, not the closest person.
Louie Meehan.

• Haha

Would this firm be called “collective minds”?
Same guys that done Crows pre season camp in 2018?

Based on that no search firm would ever recommend someone already working for an organisation which of course is incorrect and so it should be.
Was there ever a shortlist published anywhere?
What was the fee for? Was anyone outside Australia a candidate? Or was the need for a homogenous CEO the requisite? Clubs and their members should know how that money was spent.

I know Benny may have been a candidate.
Goyder put up Kylie Watson -Wheeler from the WB. Not sure if she interviewed.
Clubs wanted someone from “clubland” who had experience with what clubs were going through

One of the reasons they are used is to put internal candidates through exactly the same process as everyone else so that if you do pick them you will have the assurance that you have measured everyone exactly the same way.
Yeah, well measurements can be tailored to the person you want as well.
Excuse me for being cynical with the afl’s whole process.

If legitimate measurements and experience were the requisite, there would be no way Dillon would interview better than Gale. That’s not being parochial either. Gale has runs on the Board, his achievements are there to see. What had Dillon ever achieved?
So a $1 milloon spent to find the best to take over from McLachan and lo and behold, he’s sitting in the office next door.

Maybe the afl should have used a seeing eye dog instead of a recruitment firm. 😜

They would charge 15-25% of annual salary, depends on the job.
Well it was reported that the firm the afl used was charging them a $ 1 million. Obviously not 15 - 25% of Gill’s salary…

Was there ever a shortlist published anywhere?
What was the fee for? Was anyone outside Australia a candidate? Or was the need for a homogenous CEO the requisite? Clubs and their members should know how that money was spent.

I know Benny may have been a candidate.
Goyder put up Kylie Watson -Wheeler from the WB. Not sure if she interviewed.
Clubs wanted someone from “clubland” who had experience with what clubs were going through

Yeah, well measurements can be tailored to the person you want as well.
Excuse me for being cynical with the afl’s whole process.

If legitimate measurements and experience were the requisite, there would be no way Dillon would interview better than Gale. That’s not being parochial either. Gale has runs on the Board, his achievements are there to see. What had Dillon ever achieved?
So a $1 milloon spent to find the best to take over from McLachan and lo and behold, he’s sitting in the office next door.

Maybe the afl should have used a seeing eye dog instead of a recruitment firm. 😜

Well it was reported that the firm the afl used was charging them a $ 1 million. Obviously not 15 - 25% of Gill’s salary…
oh FFS

Btw Demetriou’s salary was close to $2 million when he left.

FFS? What’s wrong now?
Why do you have to argue about everything?

They used a search firm, search firms recruit highly paid execs all the time. It what they do. Sometimes an internal candidate gets the job, sometimes they don’t. That happens, it’s part of the process.

From the Age last year . 25% of $4 million is $1 million

In 2016, we knew that the AFL's then chief executive, McLachlan, was paid $1.72 million during 2015, his second year in charge of the competition. Since then, the amount that the CEO is paid – and it was more than $4 million (due to bonuses) in his final year – can only be estimated or sourced via the backdoor