Blair Hartley | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Blair Hartley

Smoking Aces said:

As for who I would like us to target which should come on the cheap is Addam Maric from Melbourne. He could be that classy half forward finisher which we are severly lacking.
Am a fan of this kid.Knew of him via a workmate who coached him at junior level at Greenvale.He certainly knows how to kick goals from anywhere inside 50.Would be a upgrade on Nahas on that basis alone.
Was thinking about it the other day,As it stands ATM,A Maric>>>Morton swap would be close to the mark.

Smoking Aces said:
Which is why it might be worth getting Knighta down to the club as a development coach. If we go stand alone in the VFL next year or the year after, I would seriously look at getting Knights as our reserve coach. His reputation in developing the younger players during his time at the Bendigo Bombers was one of the major reasons why he got the senior gig at Essendon.

I have said it before, we need to get Knights as a development coach. No offence to Dave Newitt and Tim Clarke, but Matthew Knights is a lot better and proven at developing young talent. The phase in which we are at he is needed now. Forget his senior coaching record, tactically he was out of his depth, but he was a good development coach.

I personally wouldn't even have him coach our VFL team. Have him strictly as a Development coach. Not have to worry about tactics and opposition and gameplans etc, just developing our young talent.

CptJonno2Madcow2005 said:
Or was it a case of that it was always our intention to get Houli Via the PSD?

We definitely offered that pick to them, so I'm not so sure, what if they said yes?

Am a fan of this kid.Knew of him via a workmate who coached him at junior level at Greenvale.He certainly knows how to kick goals from anywhere inside 50.Would be a upgrade on Nahas on that basis alone.
Was thinking about it the other day,As it stands ATM,A Maric>>>Morton swap would be close to the mark.

I like Maric from his junior days and yes he would be a good cheap player to target, but I would want a lot more from them for Mitch Morton. What the coaches are doing to Mitch is leaving a sour taste for me. I wouldn't begrudge him in requesting a trade at years end.

Tigerbob said:
We definitely offered that pick to them, so I'm not so sure, what if they said yes?
Probally knew that Hird was still keen on keeping Houli.They took a punt.Their loss is our gain x2. ;D

Tigerbob said:
I like Maric from his junior days and yes he would be a good cheap player to target, but I would want a lot more from them for Mitch Morton. What the coaches are doing to Mitch is leaving a sour taste for me. I wouldn't begrudge him in requesting a trade at years end.
Ok maybe a 3rd Rounder thrown our way.On Mitch,Has gone back to his old ways,Lazy and Soft.

Ok maybe a 3rd Rounder thrown our way.On Mitch,Has gone back to his old ways,Lazy and Soft.

Let me say something as I have heard this a few times and it has pissed me off.

Mitch Morton last year spoke about having to go back to Coburg to work on a few areas. he was happy to do so as it was communicated to him and he was excited about it. He came back at the end of the year and played that role and played it very well.

He went into pre season with the same intent and broke his personal records in running, got himself fitter than he ever was, all for the role he was due to play.

Round One comes and there is Mitch in a Forward pocket....then he gets dropped......now he is back at Coburg playing forward, back and midfield. His body language now says it all.

Tigerbob said:
Let me say something as I have heard this a few times and it has p!ssed me off.

Mitch Morton last year spoke about having to go back to Coburg to work on a few areas. he was happy to do so as it was communicated to him and he was excited about it. He came back at the end of the year and played that role and played it very well.

He went into pre season with the same intent and broke his personal records in running, got himself fitter than he ever was, all for the role he was due to play.

Round One comes and there is Mitch in a Forward pocket....then he gets dropped......now he is back at Coburg playing forward, back and midfield. His body language now says it all.
Didn,t he get dropped after the Hawthorn Game?

Tigerbob said:
Let me say something as I have heard this a few times and it has p!ssed me off.

Yep, astounding. The Morton case is strange. Get fit so you can play in the midfield and then be lift to rot in the forward pocket in a side that cannot get the ball down to him. Too bad your out.

This is one of the major questions of Dimma at the minute.

Was Morton part of the midfield rotation in those games? Nevertheless in watching the Kangaroos game now Nahas is a fwd yet is running back into defence then forward. Perhaps Morton should have been prepared to bide his time instead he dropped his head.

Don,t think Dimma condone,s players being soft at the contest.Thats a major flaw in Morton,s game.

IanG said:
Was Morton part of the midfield rotation in those games? Nevertheless in watching the Kangaroos game now Nahas is a fwd yet is running back into defence then forward. Perhaps Morton should have been prepared to bide his time instead he dropped his head.

Never saw Nahas line up in a goalsquare. Nahas has been part of the midfield rotation, been said by Dimma.

Give Morton that license and he would be great. Was showing that at the end of last year. I just don't understand what they are doing to him.

SkillzThatKillz said:
I'd like Morton to come in for Nason against Brisbane this week.

Yeah I agree. Nason is simply too small.

Morton can provide the same outside run and can match Nason skill wise.

josey said:
Yeah I agree. Nason is simply too small.

Morton can provide the same outside run and can match Nason skill wise.
Nason is too small but he throws himself at it which Mitch tends not to do. Still it's strange that he can't get into the side. Perhaps he needs to take a lesson from Shane Tuck in persistence and perserverence.

Don,t think Dimma condone,s players being soft at the contest.Thats a major flaw in Morton,s game.
Yep! Shortstepped a couple of times when he needed to put in hard.

TigerMasochist said:
Yep! Shortstepped a couple of times when he needed to put in hard.

Seen Edwards do it three times in two weeks.

So can't possibly be the reason seeing as Edwards can't find a way out of the team.

Agree re Morton. Bemused how end of last year was dominatithat new role then lined up in a forward pocket. Amazing really. For the last quarter of the Hawthorn game he was back playing that role and looked useful again. Hope he gets moreopportunities as a i agree very unfair on Mitch.