Atheism | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Atheism

GazBaker said:
I dont use the word "God"

cos its only proving i believe the word exsists and means to represent something

God is not a real word

its like saying 'lmao rofl' in actual speech

ridiculous

But you just used it twice? ;)

Disco08 said:
Very entertaining evo, cheers. :)

Most people who have plucked chickens, have plucked them while believing in God. This does not mean that you need to believe in God to pluck a chicken.

;D

Great line. I'm stealing it.

Disco08 said:
Very entertaining evo, cheers. :)

;D

See.

Those three dots there Jack.That's God.

(I think) :blah

On second thought,three dots may be overstating it.Probably should be one.

evo said:
Those three dots there Jack.That's God.

(I think) :blah

On second thought,three dots may be overstating it.Probably should be one.

This is the atheism thread, evo. Keep . out of this.

There is no such thing as . I firmly believe this. It's a kind of religion to me.

And even . may be overstating it. Let's try . Yes. Entirely satisfactory.

There is no such thing as . This is my credo.

Dyer'ere said:
This is the atheism thread, evo. Keep . out of this.

There is no such thing as . I firmly believe this. It's a kind of religion to me.

And even . may be overstating it. Let's try . Yes. Entirely satisfactory.

There is no such thing as . This is my credo.

How can there be no such thing as something that you are talking about. Even if there was no such thing, there is now, as you have just created it by talking about it. ;)

Of course there can be no such thing as something being discussed Jay. How about we have a chat about the Loch Ness monster, or martians, or skillful, tough Richmond footballers? Make-believe is a wonderful thing.

Disco08 said:
Of course there can be no such thing as something being discussed Jay. How about we have a chat about the Loch Ness monster, or martians, or skillful, tough Richmond footballers? Make-believe is a wonderful thing.

Surprised you didn't add God to that list Patsy.

jayfox said:
How can there be no such thing as something that you are talking about. Even if there was no such thing, there is now, as you have just created it by talking about it. ;)

Fair enough to believe that, jay. But there is no way that it's logical.

You can believe what you want. I do.

Disco08 said:

It was clearly a tongue in cheek comment Duckman, but thanks for the serious response. If I was evo I would say something like "But perception can be the equal of reality as if I perceive something to be real, even though it is not, it is still real to me". Of course I think that is largely a load of crap but it is interesting to show how you can argue certain points using different angles.

jayfox said:

That's what i reckon humans have done with all these gods. ie. talked about them enough so that they seem real. Invented them, if u like.

Six Pack said:
That's what i reckon humans have done with all these gods. ie. talked about them enough so that they seem real. Invented them, if u like.
Youre right six pack.

. was a bit ostentatious

All praise to ---> <----

I can't remember if it has been covered much on this thread but how do the evolutionist Atheists feel in knowing that the founder of their beliefs, Charles Darwin, believed that Black people were less evolved (and therefore closer to the apes) than white people? Does this smack of racism at all to you? He was pretty firm in this belief, if I understand correctly, but do you believe that he got this wrong given that people of all races today are considered equal? Or do you believe that we are more highly evolved than the Indigenous Australians, Native Americans or Native Africans?

jayfox said:
I can't remember if it has been covered much on this thread but how do the evolutionist Atheists feel in knowing that the founder of their beliefs, Charles Darwin, believed that Black people were less evolved (and therefore closer to the apes) than white people? Does this smack of racism at all to you? He was pretty firm in this belief, if I understand correctly, but do you believe that he got this wrong given that people of all races today are considered equal? Or do you believe that we are more highly evolved than the Indigenous Australians, Native Americans or Native Africans?

Darwin isn't the founder of my beliefs at all.

Six Pack said:
It's just a position i came to based on experience, observation and thought.

And an extremely large amount of direction from various sources.

jayfox said:

Bit cheeky there Michael J. One can be right on one matter but not on another (or wrong all the time a la Redford)

Weren't his thoughts based on the fact that these people hadn't developed advanced civilisations like some others? I think reading the actual literature might be useful before drawing a conclusion either way.

http://www.literature.org/authors/darwin-charles/the-origin-of-species/index.html