Arnot & Mcdonough delisted | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Arnot & Mcdonough delisted

The only thing that might save Gordon would be his elite fitness.

With bench rotations reducing next year, fitness will be critical.

IanG said:
Just announced Dea and Gordon delisted and Thomas has retired.
Largely as expected. Townsend is probably an upgrade on Thomas, and he's young enough that he can still overcome skill deficiencies.

IanG said:

Geez....you'd swear PRE makes the decisions.... :hihi

I'm a bit surprised to see Gordon delisted after prizing him with the 22 guernsey after 1 season, but then again, maybe it's my misconceptions (e.g. how the hell did Dea get number 7 so quick??)

So that make 9 in total leaving and two picked up in the trade period, with 7 more list spots to fill in a very shallow draft.

David C said:
So that make 9 in total leaving and two picked up in the trade period, with 7 more list spots to fill in a very shallow draft.

Andrew Moore sounds like one that will be signed as a delisted free agent maybe Matthew Wright as well could be targeted both would increase depth but could list clog also?

David C said:

Suspect they will leave a spot or two on the main list vacant as well as one or two rookie spots. Could also fill spots on the main list with DFA which only require a one year deal. Will be two picks in the draft and elevation of Lambert. Not doom and gloom in a year of a shallow draft.

Of course we could have treaded water for another year with Arnot, McDonna, Dea and Gordon.

David C said:

5 more spots available on the senior list plus 2 rookie spots.
Maybe be Moore as one, Lambert upgraded, plus pick 12 a and pick 52. Leaves one spot, maybe Castagna gets upgraded or another DFA. Or as we have in the past, just have 37 senior list positions with the possibility of a rookie upgrade if needed. We can expect a few rookies, maybe not the full complement, but to leave room for next years supposedly stronger draft . Maybe a youngish ruckman and another mature kpd.

CarnTheTiges said:
Wouldn't Hammer be right up your alley?

While it's been talls and ruckmen lately, it can be anyone that needs a little bit of magic to get them going. And they need to be unfairly maligned. Also need to be the type that gives 110% effort.

willo said:
Maybe be Moore as one, Lambert upgraded, plus pick 12 a and pick 52. Leaves one spot, maybe Castagna gets upgraded or another DFA. Or as we have in the past, just have 37 senior list positions with the possibility of a rookie upgrade if needed. We can expect a few rookies, maybe not the full complement, but to leave room for next years supposedly stronger draft . Maybe a youngish ruckman and another mature kpd.

While I would expect him to go back to Perth, would love to hear we at least looked at Brad Walsh (Carlton delisted rookie). Hasn't done much at the Blues, but the year was a horror for Blues generally and not a great environment for a first year player over from Perth I would think. Looked to lack confidence - was Capt WA18 and knocked up getting the ball at times - not saying he is, but a little bit of Sam Mitchell about him. Could do worse on the Rookie list in a fairly pedestrian end of the Draft.

IanG said:

Wow almost on cue. :eek:
Agree with the sentiment here. These are solid decisions from the list managers on players who unfortunately for them won't take us forward.
Hopefully their replacements can.

willo said:

yeah, 1 or 2 drafts, 1 or 2 rookie upgrades, 1 DFA and/ or 1 PSD

we don't mess around these days. Someone posted earlier that its like PRE is making the decisions, its pretty much been like that since Dimma arrived

Tigers of Old said:
Happy with that.
In fact I'm now relatively happy with all the departures.

Agree, clearing out the "deadwood".