Arnot & Mcdonough delisted | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Arnot & Mcdonough delisted

I wonder why they have held back on Dea?

As for Arnott: He nailed a classy goal against Melbourne.

He hit packs hard.

There were good vfl reports.

I'm still scratching my head.

DirtyDogTiger said:

He hit packs hard.

Fitness for both of them is my thoughts. Doubt either are fit enough, particularly now they are reducing the interchanges.

DirtyDogTiger said:

He hit packs hard.

I was at that Melbourne game. Yes, very good goal. But he was out on his feet in the second half. Nowhere near fit enough for afl.

After the loss to the Doggies in Rnd 3 I was walking across to the Tiger Shop at Punt Rd Oval. Ended up walking across just behind Matt Arnott and Matt Thomas. They were discussing "tomorrow's" recovery session which Arnott's reply was "Can't be fu**ed going, I'm on the p1ss tonight".

Thought it was funny at the time to hear it from an AFL player, but it comes now as no surprise that he's been delisted.

Supersealios said:
After the loss to the Doggies in Rnd 3 I was walking across to the Tiger Shop at Punt Rd Oval. Ended up walking across just behind Matt Arnott and Matt Thomas. They were discussing "tomorrow's" recovery session which Arnott's reply was "Can't be fu**ed going, I'm on the p1ss tonight".

Thought it was funny at the time to hear it from an AFL player, but it comes now as no surprise that he's been delisted.

that is quite funny

To those who watched the seconds this year who showed more A Madonna B Gordon C none of the above .

DirtyDogTiger said:

He hit packs hard.

wow, like history isn't littered with bums who kicked one classy goal. Now there's a good distraction thread:. 'Tiger bums through history who kicked one classy goal", I'll go first Ben Hollands v Adelaide

don't scratch too hard DDT, he wasn't good enough.

Surprised they name them already.
Don't we normally wait till after the B&F night?

Or on B&F night in the captains speech :)

There tend to be a couple of waves. Not sure why and how though. I always assumed the very early cuts are those players who have indicated or feel there is no future in the AFL for them. The later cuts announced are for those still trying to find another AFL home.

But I have no idea

Plenty of player movement and delistings still going on at other clubs. Surely we'll see one or two others not on the list next year.
Thomas & Dea I am very surprised are still there.

Gordon is the most surprising. Thomas is a rookie and happy to re-rookie for wet weather depth. Dea's form in the VFL was very good and maybe is just starved of opportunity, but maybe enough is enough.

Baloo said:
Gordon is the most surprising. Thomas is a rookie and happy to re-rookie for wet weather depth. Dea's form in the VFL was very good and maybe is just starved of opportunity, but maybe enough is enough.

I thought Gordo would have been one of the prime candidates for your PRE presidency.

There was no PRE presidency this year, not sure if there will be next year.

Baloo said:
Gordon is the most surprising.
Agree - simply not up to it. Would much rather see if we can either turn around the career of a player from another club, or look at an untried youngster/state league player.

If Dea survives, good grief...

I still prefer Gordon to Dea. By a long way.

I dunno, seen enough of Gordon in the ones to see he doesn't add much

SCOOP said:
If Dea survives, good grief...

I still prefer Gordon to Dea. By a long way.
At least Dea plays well at VFL level. Gordon has been terrible at that level every time I've gone to their matches.