Arnot & Mcdonough delisted | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Arnot & Mcdonough delisted

I thought McDonough was a real talent but for some reason was was off-side with Dimma. Never given a real go. Pity

How is Gordon and Thomas still on the list!!!!!! If they survive the cull it will be another LONG year in 2016

We don't know about McDonagh because he was never played in his natural position - full forward.

Yes, he's a natural lead up forward, a Tory Dickson if I ever saw one.

He's been Hardwicked.

This bloke has all the skills Dimma has waaaayyy down his porridge list.

macca will be re drafted to the crows or port as a rookie and will developed and promoted to its full list the following year.
there is something that stinks at PUNT road, where we just cant develop properly.

We can merge the Madonna threads with the Danny Meyer threads. Same arguments and predictions being made.

IMO, McDonough was not given a fair go, hence we do not know if he truly capable of play AFL footy. Of his 10 games,
how many did he start as sub, was subbed and played out of position? I'd say all of them.

Based on feedback we heard and read from our VFL coach, key criteria which McDonough failed:

1. Inability to kick AFL standard goals
2. Inability to provide AFL standard field kicks and handballs
3. Inability to play the Richmond way

This applied only to a few players, to others, it did not apply at all. Does anyone know WTF each means?

TheCan said:
macca will be re drafted to the crows or port as a rookie and will developed and promoted to its full list the following year.
there is something that stinks at PUNT road, where we just cant develop properly.
Just like Danny Meyer, eh?

CarnTheTiges said:
Just like Danny Meyer, eh?

Meyer had a degenerate hip was never going anywhere...so no not like danny,
I dont like macca guys for what its worth..I just reckon this SA boy will come could over there

TheCan said:
Meyer had a degenerate hip was never going anywhere...so no not like danny,
I dont like macca guys for what its worth..I just reckon this SA boy will come could over there
So Port knew about his hip and they still put him on the list? Unless McDonough can put in the work and get AFL fit then he's unlikely to make it anywhere. He clearly didn't want to do that at Richmond.

DirtyDogTiger said:
Arnott was never given much opportunity.
Who knows? The club might have offered them contracts but they said "no thanks" due to other opportunities.

I believe the top four sides in the comp are smashing down the door to sign them up on long term deals

The thing is

We need to improve our senior team
So that we
- really belt the bottom 6; beat the middle 6; be compatible against the top 6 (we should be in the top 6).

Delisting the following

Knights (1 game)
Foley (0)
Petterd (1)
Mcdonough (2)
Arnott (1)

Really doesn't improve our AFL team.
It just us room to go to the draft.