Arnot & Mcdonough delisted | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Arnot & Mcdonough delisted

McDonough really hard done by, was never given a chance to showcase, always had older bikes not deserving of being picked ahead of him

Never transitioned VFL from to AFL... Some players can never take that step.

Not every draftee playes 100 games. Cudos for him making it to this level, may get a lifeline elsewhere.

bringbakflemmo said:
A very average footballer with skills that didn't stand up in the seniors.
He should be grateful he got the chance to play at the highest level.
Are you referring to Morris?

I can't think of a single player that has succeeded after being delisted and then rookied.

On form with Lambert, George and Shorty, you'ld need to back in the club to find a better prospect than what Arnot offers.

RedanTiger said:

Fair enough, but I was thinking for the same club.

Gourdis and Arnot are the two I can remember we tried doing it too

I think both players knew from mid season that their time at Richmond was up. Even the most biased supporters realised that a well. I do wish them well and hopefully they will find a home at another club and prosper.

Arnot no surprise at all. 2 years too late imo.

McDonough quite simply never got fit enough to play at AFL level. Fine state league player though.

ryan said:
McDonough didn't get many chances

Surely Thomas is not still on list - he is 29 by time next season starts

taking up a spot on the list

yes he is a goer but footy has gone past that - he has the worse disposal on our list including the big blokes.

Watched most VFL games this year and yes he got the ball but either butchered the ball or handballed the ball to a team mate in a shocking position

yeah right, that's why he came second in the Liston

Arnott not anywhere near good enough, never was. Nothing to do with development

McDonough always gave me the impression that he wasn't fit enough , maybe it was a work level issue

St Kevin said:
Arnot no surprise at all. 2 years too late imo.

McDonough quite simply never got fit enough to play at AFL level. Fine state league player though.

Thats the way I saw it too.

Arnot was always hard at it but just not good enough for AFL footy. McDonough never seemed fit enough for AFL footy either and with the lower interchanges, fitness becomes more and more important.

Unfortunate for the players getting delisted but probably no glaring surprise, C Ellis, Menadue, Drummond, Lambert waltzed past them into the line up in their first season, only injuries gave Madonna n Bikkies a look in this year.
Always an issue for the potential fringies hanging around the edge of the list is grabbing that opportunity when it happens to arrive n making something rock solid immediately.

they'll get picked up by a club somewhere and will be average there as well