Adem Yze | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Adem Yze

Agree. Needs full support.
Extending his contract is not support that he needs . He needs a better FD and if he can't improve with this then he's not up to it. He's shown absolutely nothing this year and he gets a one year reprieve from me as he didn't have the FD and some players supporting him. Same *smile* next year then he can go back to Melbourne . I want to see new ideas and improvement as a team.

Reactions: 1 users
Yze looks like he's going to need some serious magic to happen for him to see this rebuild through as of right now.

If he does then the club will be in a great place and the club will be up and about.

But right now Id be putting my 50 cents on Yze not making it through to the end.
50c you're a cheapskate. I'd put $50k it's so bad for him.

Yze overrated our list when he got the job and so much he's crapped off the majority of the senior group with his poor standards and coaching they've either retired or the cream of the cream are asking for trades. This is actually the blessing that could save him if Toce does his bit, but i still have grave concerns that the guy who told us he was the Player's coach can actually coach the players. I'm a Newman and Caracella man and one of them will replace him if we are still producing the same abysmal footy next year.

Reactions: 1 user
Yze overrated our list when he got the job and so much he's crapped off the majority of the senior group with his poor standards and coaching they've either retired or the cream of the cream are asking for trades. This is actually the blessing that could save him if Toce does his bit, but i still have grave concerns that the guy who told us he was the Player's coach can actually coach the players. I'm a Newman and Caracella man and one of them will replace him if we are still producing the same abysmal footy next year.
Another one that hasn’t got a clue what they’re talking about

• Dislike
Reactions: 6 users
No, no sense at all. First, I don’t agree with you about leadership. As a rebuilding club we still have plenty of wise old heads. When we begin challenging again we will of course need more leadership but hopefully our high picks will develop in this space quickly. Multiple picks in the first round will enhance the chances.

As for the business case, you are worried about trading out “high value assets”.

You don’t seem to be able to wrap your head around the concept of relative value. Bolton is a high value asset but for a challenger, not so much to us.

If we don’t trade Bolton, we don’t get the picks for him. If we don’t get the picks for him, we are more chance of staying in the bottom four. If we are more chance of staying in the bottom four, Bolton, without much leadership or cultural value, and playing forward of the ball, isn’t much value to us at all.

On the other hand, trading Bolton for two good young players, even if their aggregate worth is slightly less than Bolton, is worth plenty to us as we are converting half a platinum career into two future gold careers, a time-based decision that has us better placed to win another flag. Value.

Can you see how trading Bolton now maximises his value and the club is hence better off?

Anyone who helps us win games is high value. Period.

Rebuilding or otherwise.

As we've seen this year, with us and Melbourne, good players don't stick around if the team has no hope of winning games.

The closest template I can think of for what our list will look like next year is gold Coast on their entry to the competition.

As we've seen over their history, they hold on to a bunch of high draft picks for a couple of years, who then head off to sides who have a chance of not losing all the time. They then trade them for slightly less high draft picks and continue the cycle.

The cycle we're about to enter.

Losing four star players in their mid 20's is an epic hole in the list, that will make contention for our young draftees a pipe dream until they are in their late twenties at best. They will need to be the elder leaders.

If they wait around that long.

And who are our wise old heads exactly? I can't think of which leaders will still be there when next year's draftees hit 20-21?

I understand what you're saying about Bolton's draft value being at a premium. But he's now part of an equation that includes Baker, Rioli, and Graham.

Anyone who helps us win games is high value. Period.

Rebuilding or otherwise.

This is the bit that is separating us.

Keeping Bolton will deny us two 200 gamers, slowing the rebuild.

Keeping Bolton will see us finish 1-2 positions higher on the ladder.

Stuff all from a premiership perspective. Meaningless.

But those 1-2 positions further deny us talent in this critical period of draft harvest.

Keeping Bolton sets us on a path of mid-table misery only to collapse again in 10 years.

Trading Bolton adds two midfielders to a future premiership midfield.

It’s a no-brainer at this point.

Another one that hasn’t got a clue what they’re talking about
Tell me your inspirational knowledge whilst I get on my hammock, get a cocktail and have two gorgeous blondes massaging me as you entertain me . I always lose faith in people that make personal criticism to others, but can’t come up with a valid response against what the poster was saying.

Last edited:
He's wallowing in misery clearly.
Nah celebrating mate as we get our next generation of stars. Don’t be so negative and judgmental as you have never met me.
I’m going on my evidence of what I’ve witnessed this year and if Adem EZY can show improvement then he will be commended by me.
Worst performed coach in our history with 14 premiership players on it plus TT and Hopper and I’m supposed to be excited with this guy leading us into the future. You’re the one clearly wallowing in misery if you think this *smile* is acceptable.

This is the bit that is separating us.

Keeping Bolton will deny us two 200 gamers, slowing the rebuild.

Keeping Bolton will see us finish 1-2 positions higher on the ladder.

Stuff all from a premiership perspective. Meaningless.

But those 1-2 positions further deny us talent in this critical period of draft harvest.

Keeping Bolton sets us on a path of mid-table misery only to collapse again in 10 years.

Trading Bolton adds two midfielders to a future premiership midfield.

It’s a no-brainer at this point.

You are assuming so many things here.

1. That we get two top picks for Bolton
2. That if we do, we end up with two players who will play 200 games (involving good selecting, not being injury prone, no off field issues, the right desire and preparation, and developing well)
3. That the player(s) will offer more over 12 years than Bolton would over 6-7.

And my comment was about more than Bolton anyway, it's the combination of losing 4 premiership stars in the early to mid twenties.

Let's say we do the smart thing and pick Finn O'Sullivan with pick 1. Which will happen whether we trade anything or not.

Is he going to want to play in a side with a tier of premiership players above him?

Or is he going to want to clean up after Hopper for 6 years until he goes to play for Geelong?

There's the hope that that we manage to recruit enough good thing 18 yos with the draft haul that they form a winning nucleus and keep themselves together.

But that is no guarantee.

It is a risk. I don't know how you can, in any actual seriousness, suggest it's not.

But we're in it now. I'm going to hope it pays off. This trade and draft will be the most important in my time watching the Tigers.

Reactions: 1 users
You don’t know any of this it is all conjecture.
It’s an opinion not facts and should be prefaced with “in my opinion”.
On that basis you are of course entitled to your opinion but I don’t agree with it.
Benny Gale said that Yze probably stood back too much and he expects him to own the team as his team more in his second year. That may well be true.
In that sense all these departures are probably good for him because it will be largely his group.
I hope we don’t judge him next year on wins and losses. I reckon if we win 4-5 games it is probably as good as we can expect. What I hope to see is improvement and development and for us to be playing better footy as the year progresses.

The closest template I can think of for what our list will look like next year is gold Coast on their entry to the competition.

As we've seen over their history, they hold on to a bunch of high draft picks for a couple of years, who then head off to sides who have a chance of not losing all the time. They then trade them for slightly less high draft picks and continue the cycle.

The cycle we're about to enter.
Club culture, facilities, supporter base etc. all play a part in breaking that cycle you refer to.

I am confident that the RFC is much better club to be involved with than the GC in its fledgling years, and today for that matter. I'm not concerned about the talented youngsters we are about to get wanting out. I think it will be the opposite. They'll love the club and want to be apart of the next wave of success.

They have all seen what a successful Richmond looks like (100,000 members, playing in front of a packed MCG, the roar of the Richmond faithful, the envy of the rest of the comp) now lets be honest, who wouldn't want to be a part of that?

Or you could go the GC and play in front of 9 10th of bugger all people, for a club nobody gives a stuff about. No wonder they were clamoring for the exits at the earliest opportunity

Reactions: 7 users
Club culture, facilities, supporter base etc. all play a part in breaking that cycle you refer to.

I am confident that the RFC is much better club to be involved with than the GC in its fledgling years, and today for that matter. I'm not concerned about the talented youngsters we are about to get wanting out. I think it will be the opposite. They'll love the club and want to be apart of the next wave of success.

They have all seen what a successful Richmond looks like (100,000 members, playing in front of a packed MCG, the roar of the Richmond faithful, the envy of the rest of the comp) now lets be honest, who wouldn't want to be a part of that?

Or you could go the GC and play in front of 9 10th of bugger all people, for a club nobody gives a stuff about. No wonder they were clamoring for the exits at the earliest opportunity
Good post, Coops
If Yze can harness the players and have them gel them as a group, even if the going gets tough over the next season or two, then there is every chance the players will play as a team working its way forward and embrace the journey.
Whether you like him or not, or the team he coaches, my hat goes off to Sam Mitchell and the Hawks. They're doing it their way and the players are obviously enjoying playing for one another.
If Yze and the coaching group can get that sort of energy happening as the players at RFC develop over time then it could be stirring times.

Reactions: 2 users
This is wrong too. We had a choice and we tapped Bolton on the shoulder. From that moment the path was set.

We chose to be a club on the hunt, actively providing Yze with a clean slate and a host of top end talent to develop.

The alternative was to keep the status quo, keep our marquee player, keep Rioli happy and convince Baker to stay.

That’s the long road. That’s a decade of misery.
Absolute poppycock. You have no idea that he got tapped on the shoulder, you're speculating.
Baker was looking to go home a long time before the club knew it was rebuilding. I know that from a senior player. We were going to try make finals. It was only when the ass fell out of the season did we decide to do a "conventional rebuild". Rioli had met Dimma in April.
The club was not in control of the senior players wanting to go - theres a few opting out once we'd communicated the approach. It has changed tact quickly though, to maximise the opportunity.
This wasn't a mastermind approach from the club. This was akin to your big brother asking if you were interested in playing 52 pick-up.
We just slapped the cards out of his hand before he dropped them. It wasn't active, it was reactive. But Blair's done a few years of tap dancing training. Let's hope he doesn't slip.

Reactions: 5 users
I'm calling it now. We will be doing well to win more than 2 games next season.
All I ask for is effort, sound development with our young players and someone that knows what they're doing in our fitness/conditioning department.
Hardly radical targets. Haven’t seen an excessive amount of sound development in recent years. How do we get better at that other just saying it’s our aim?

You don’t know any of this it is all conjecture.
It’s an opinion not facts and should be prefaced with “in my opinion”.
On that basis you are of course entitled to your opinion but I don’t agree with it.
Benny Gale said that Yze probably stood back too much and he expects him to own the team as his team more in his second year. That may well be true.
In that sense all these departures are probably good for him because it will be largely his group.
I hope we don’t judge him next year on wins and losses. I reckon if we win 4-5 games it is probably as good as we can expect. What I hope to see is improvement and development and for us to be playing better footy as the year progresses.
I’m judging by player disharmony, results and statements he made. He said we were going to be a tough side to be beat , yet we were poorest defensive side in the competition. Standards were awful with one per centers, tackling and players weren’t dragged at times and even dropped. I’m judging him on getting the team on the one page first and seeing if there’s improvement. What we’ve seen so far is a pile of *smile* from this bloke and I want to see improvement and growth as team. This year it was all fragmented and same rubbish next year then questions need to be raised as we can’t have the same low standards.
Departures are excellent and Blake will be his mentor and hopefully he will develop as a senior coach as this year I saw him as a below mini assistant rather than a coach.

Yeah, maybe.

We currently have 4 talented players who want out though.

The footy landscape is changing. Player movement is easier than ever.

Risky to be rubbish.

We do have a pretty great advertising pitch, all things being equal. But the temptation of success trumps all.

This is why we will attract quality people and quality players.
They’ve seen what a resurgent Richmond is like.
The template is there.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users