Adem Yze | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Adem Yze

You obviously rate our list more than me.
Aint about rating the list ToOheys. But Ouzo has had all of this year to start implementing the game style n system that he thinks will head us back toward finals. Been damn near impossible with all the injuries n pretty much all the core senior players having played Dimma footy for years n years. Another pre season and then the playing year with a few older players but mainly U25s and kids there needs to be a discernible style of game emerge during the year instead of the disjointed n disconnected rubbish we watched this year. Reckon we'll be lucky to win 4 or 5 games next year, but we've at least got to look like we know what we're trying to do. Even if we're doing it badly.

Reactions: 5 users
Aint about rating the list ToOheys. But Ouzo has had all of this year to start implementing the game style n system that he thinks will head us back toward finals. Been damn near impossible with all the injuries n pretty much all the core senior players having played Dimma footy for years n years. Another pre season and then the playing year with a few older players but mainly U25s and kids there needs to be a discernible style of game emerge during the year instead of the disjointed n disconnected rubbish we watched this year. Reckon we'll be lucky to win 4 or 5 games next year, but we've at least got to look like we know what we're trying to do. Even if we're doing it badly.
That's fair.
We haven't seen a lot of signs of what his plans were this year.
He even said at the start of the year he didn't see the game plan changing too much from memory.
Yet our fmr one wood pressure deserted us for much of the season.
Lynchy was mentioned a lot but I hope we're not relying on a 32 year old injury prone FF to lift us off the bottom.
You're right there needs to be some signs of a system.

Reactions: 4 users
If the club thinks he is the right man to get through this rebuild then they should extend his contract now. Back him in.
Two years is plenty of time to see if he can get us heading in the right direction. He should be evaluated towards the end of 2026 no earlier. If we are going the right way he can get his extension then.

Extending him now is ludicrous. If he ends up a lemon we don’t want a payout as an anchor around our neck.

Reactions: 8 users
At the start of the year Yze said our game style will be similar to Melbourne and Carlton (I think these are the two teams he mentioned).

Interesting grab from Sam Mitchell here.

Being innovative to get that edge on the competition, not following everyone else.

It was innovation in the 2016 off-season which led us to 3 premierships, everyone was playing catch-up.

Has Yze got it in him?

This is exactly right.

Copying the best gets you some success, unlikely to get you a flag.

Dunno Aggravated Argentine Ant. Thought Cwood did a good job of copying us at our best last year.
I think Collingwood turbo-charged midfield numbers and actually had -1 down back.

Insanely aggressive but genuinely inspired.

Having said that, unlikely to happen again anytime soon.

Reactions: 1 users
At the start of the year Yze said our game style will be similar to Melbourne and Carlton (I think these are the two teams he mentioned).

Interesting grab from Sam Mitchell here.

Being innovative to get that edge on the competition, not following everyone else.

It was innovation in the 2016 off-season which led us to 3 premierships, everyone was playing catch-up.

Has Yze got it in him?

Might be why they brought Caracalla back

Reactions: 3 users
They would have a fair idea.
The club is very impressed with Yze.
They’re right behind giving him a fresh start and are not preturbed at all with the players leaving.
They recognise that we’re building a new Premiership team almost from scratch and will bottom out for a couple of years to get the required players in.

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
I went to the game last week optimistic, and walked out very concerned.
Then 10 minutes into Wednesday night’s Footy Classified I listened to Jim Bartel, and then Eddie. 50 years in footy and 20 as a Pres, and he nailed it.
And Lloydy and Barratt sat there and squirmed as the master opined..
All of a sudden all is right in the world - and I am wondering - is Yze a genius….??

Reactions: 2 users
I went to the game last week optimistic, and walked out very concerned.
Then 10 minutes into Wednesday night’s Footy Classified I listened to Jim Bartel, and then Eddie. 50 years in footy and 20 as a Pres, and he nailed it.
And Lloydy and Barratt sat there and squirmed as the master opined..
All of a sudden all is right in the world - and I am wondering - is Yze a genius….??
Didn’t watch what they say?

Bartel is very level headed.
If Eddie sounded nice.
They said they if they want to go, let them go. (Even Lyold said it's a very good draft, he should know he coaches the kids)
Bartel said we have had the success and now it's a reset. Load up on picks and bring a group of 5-6 through together before tassie comes in.

*I heard that pick 1 in 2027 will be pick 12.

The club is very impressed with Yze.
They’re right behind giving him a fresh start and are not preturbed at all with the players leaving.
They recognise that we’re building a new Premiership team almost from scratch and will bottom out for a couple of years to get the required players in.
We haven’t bottomed out yet? Jeebus! Will we win a game? Will we lose anything by less than 10 goals?

Reactions: 1 user
Eddie said we are in a great position, the best position, to set ourselves up pre-Tassie. He asked Lloyd and Barratt who would you rather be - Wssendon, St Kilda or Richmond. Lloyd begrudgingly agreed then tried to pit a negative slant on it by saying he was worried about senior players leaving.
And Barratt just sat there stunned with what Jim and Ed were saying

Reactions: 1 users
There were many on here saying it all through the early rounds - nah, you can’t trade all those players, it’s the nuclear option, the sky will fall.

I didn’t see it then and I don’t see it now.

We are in an extraordinary position to rebound quickly on the back of pure talent.

We take it, with both hands.

Reactions: 9 users