Adem Yze | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Adem Yze

If the club thinks he is the right man to get through this rebuild then they should extend his contract now. Back him in.

• Dislike
  • Wow
Reactions: 6 users
At the start of the year Yze said our game style will be similar to Melbourne and Carlton (I think these are the two teams he mentioned).

Interesting grab from Sam Mitchell here.

Being innovative to get that edge on the competition, not following everyone else.

It was innovation in the 2016 off-season which led us to 3 premierships, everyone was playing catch-up.

Has Yze got it in him?

Reactions: 1 users
Yze looks like he's going to need some serious magic to happen for him to see this rebuild through as of right now.

If he does then the club will be in a great place and the club will be up and about.

But right now Id be putting my 50 cents on Yze not making it through to the end.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
I think I'm going to give him a free pass for next season too.
Nah. Free pass is for this year. Next year we need to be seeing skills, patterns n systems developing within the game. Wins and losses will still be irrelevant, but by hell we need to be able to see some consistent type of play evolve among the team.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Yze looks like he's going to need some serious magic to happen for him to see this rebuild through as of right now.

If he does then the club will be in a great place and the club will be up and about.

But right now Id be putting my 50 cents on Yze not making it through to the end.

Won’t make it. He’ll get sacked or step down and Newy will be coaching in 2026.

• Dislike
Reactions: 2 users
Nah. Free pass is for this year. Next year we need to be seeing skills, patterns n systems developing within the game. Wins and losses will still be irrelevant, but by hell we need to be able to see some consistent type of play evolve among the team.

Yep. None of this bs kick it down the line crap.

Listening to the Talking Tigers podcast this week where Benny Gale was on as special guest. He made some comments about Yze along the lines of how he inherited a post premiership team of players and how he's had to manage that with respect in his first year, but next year it's his team and he'll put his fingerprints on it more than he has to date. It suggested that either Yze has been told, or Yze already knows he needs to take charge more than he has so far.

I hope this is the case. I want to see a more authorative Yze than what's been shown to date.

Reactions: 8 users
Listening to the Talking Tigers podcast this week where Benny Gale was on as special guest. He made some comments about Yze along the lines of how he inherited a post premiership team of players and how he's had to manage that with respect in his first year, but next year it's his team and he'll put his fingerprints on it more than he has to date. It suggested that either Yze has been told, or Yze already knows he needs to take charge more than he has so far.

I hope this is the case. I want to see a more authorative Yze than what's been shown to date.
We hope that he’s more authoritative lol. Sheesh. We may as well give Newy or someone else the keys now.

Reactions: 1 user
If the club thinks he is the right man to get through this rebuild then they should extend his contract now. Back him in.
That would be silly, better to look at this sometime next year. The club wouldn’t know if he’s the right man at this stage.

That would be silly, better to look at this sometime next year. The club wouldn’t know if he’s the right man at this stage.
They would have a good idea by now as to whether he can coach, effectively communicate what his vision is.

Reactions: 1 user
At the start of the year Yze said our game style will be similar to Melbourne and Carlton (I think these are the two teams he mentioned).

Interesting grab from Sam Mitchell here.

Being innovative to get that edge on the competition, not following everyone else.

It was innovation in the 2016 off-season which led us to 3 premierships, everyone was playing catch-up.

Has Yze got it in him?

This is what true leadership and coaching is all about. Make your own path.

Yze should copy them

• Haha