Adem Yze | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Adem Yze

One thing Yze said tonight said his game plan is very similar to the old game plan. He talked about a turnover game. I think it's the first time I have heard him say that.
Does Yze realise Hardwick's turnover game was based off the opposition turning it over, not us?

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users
You keep banging on about a "mass exodus of players wanting to leave.' What makes you such a incredible nostradamus? I look forward to the actual reality in the next few weeks. I am suggesting you will need to go and read the difinition of 'mass"!
Screenshot_20240814_121505_Samsung Internet.jpg
Baker Bolton Graham Rioli and Cumberland
That's enough for a mass exodus

And if he had the list available thru the season when making that statement he may of been spot on, we'll never know tho due to the worst injury season I've known in my 56 year membership.
Injuries are everything in a comp this close. I have no doubt we are fighting for an 8 spot if we had majority of best 22 available this season.

Look at the PIes/Carlton/Sydeny etc. The Pies are top 2 if everyone is available. The Blues lose a few players and their form suffers and are now finished for 2024. The Swans lose their most important bookends and their form suffers for a few weeks.

No team can cover key injuries in such a tight competition.

The premier will be the side that has their best 23 available for most of the finals. Looking at the ladder now and who is unlikely for finals -

Swans - will be missing no one of significance with Papley back for finals.
Port - Finlayson, Powell-Pepper and perhaps Todd Marshall.
GWS - Riccardi the only best 23 that may not be available
Geel - Hawkins (arguable they are better off without him), Bruhn, Guthrie, OConnor, De Koning flagged to be back for finals.
Bris - Coleman, McCarthy, Gardiner. Hipwood should be back for finals
Freo - potentially none of their best 23 out. That loss to geelong such a shocker given almost no chance of top 4 now.
Bulldogs - Smith. English likely available. The loss to Adelaide a shocker, killed their Top 4 chance.
Haws - Lewis.
Carl - Cottrell, De Koning, Dockerty, Fogarty, Silvagni all out with potentially another 3 or 4 not back for start of finals. Gone.

The final game of season Bull v GWS could decide GWS Top 2 and Bulldogs place in 8.

If Swans GWS finish Top 2 at least one is in the GF. Personally think the Swans will win the GF as they are the best all round side, Papley being critical given they do not have a dominant key forward.

Hoepfully Port lose their last 2 to miss top 4.

The Cats are almost certain to be Top 4 now which is diabolical. But hopefully means some joy from watching them go out in straight sets. And hopefully they bring Hawkins back for a final finals loss.

The great thing as a neutral is there are so many games to llok forward to with heaps on the line. And hopefully more big finals losses for crusty and his Cats.

Reactions: 4 users
If it wasn't bad enough that Richmond had 2-5 injuries occur in every game from around rounds 2 to 10, it was also that the teams we played against had zero injuries in those games. Let's not forget, whilst this is going on, the umpires also choose to continue to majorly screw us over as they always do.

As great as some teams have been, there is not one club in the history of the VFL/AFL that is going to be contending for the flag in a season with all these odds stacked against them!

Reactions: 1 user
Yze is losing me after a quarter like that.

To not be able to stop a run like that falls back onto the coach.
Has the penny dropped yet with most of you on this blog? With half the side out for most of the year through injuries, Yze has been forced to play ALL of the players picked up by the RFC recruiting team since 2020 as directed by Hartley and Hardwick and they have shown clearly they are not AFL level footballers and never will be.

In your desperation for this side made up of paper dolls and broken bodies you cry out for something that can’t happen which is to be competitive and run with sides that are primed to play finals and smell blood now when they play the Tigers.

Why do you think Hardwick jumped ship when he did only to pop up later to accept a new coaching job?!

Drunk on success the movers and shakers at Punt Road made the fatal mistake of not making hard decisions with the list and recruiting different types of footballers that were reflective of the changing AFL playing landscape.

Those failures are on full view today.

I blame the club and not a first year coach for Gods sake!!!!

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
Has the penny dropped yet with most of you on this blog? With half the side out for most of the year through injuries, Yze has been forced to play ALL of the players picked up by the RFC recruiting team since 2020 as directed by Hartley and Hardwick and they have shown clearly they are not AFL level footballers and never will be.

In your desperation for this side made up of paper dolls and broken bodies you cry out for something that can’t happen which is to be competitive and run with sides that are primed to play finals and smell blood now when they play the Tigers.

Why do you think Hardwick jumped ship when he did only to pop up later to accept a new coaching job?!

Drunk on success the movers and shakers at Punt Road made the fatal mistake of not making hard decisions with the list and recruiting different types of footballers that were reflective of the changing AFL playing landscape.

Those failures are on full view today.

I blame the club and not a first year coach for Gods sake!!!!
You do realise that it can be both a terrible list, and an incompatible coach.

Absolving either is folly, and a pathway to poor culture. The coaching structure needs a comprehensive review. The same way the list needs a comprehensive review.

Top end talent is required in both facets.

Reactions: 2 users
You do realise that it can be both a terrible list, and an incompatible coach.

Absolving either is folly, and a pathway to poor culture. The coaching structure needs a comprehensive review. The same way the list needs a comprehensive review.

Top end talent is required in both facets.
Really thank you that piece of enlightenment. But here’s the thing. I’m not jumping on the “blame the bloody coach” bandwagon yet when all the footballers running around in Richmond jumpers today are there because of the previous coach who fled, and a recruiting and football department that still believed in the chaos theory of football and moving the ball forward any way possible.

This is on the club - not the new coach. I see that obvious truth. What is said behind closed doors after the game today and leading into the off season, you and I are not privy to. And conjecture is like pis*^+ing into the wind!

But I hope there are a number of new faces at Punt Road over the summer. Don’t you?

Reactions: 5 users
Yze is losing me after a quarter like that.

To not be able to stop a run like that falls back onto the coach.
The thing that has me worried, is this is the same thing that happened in round 1 against the suns.
They have had all year to learn how to slow down a run like that, and have failed to do so.

We almost have our starting midfield in the team, so the mids getting smashed like that is a huge worry.

Hats off to Yze though in the 2nd, managed to turn it around and stop the leaking.
1723963638845.png

Saw the issue and addressed it at quarter time. More importantly the players responded.

Big watch how we come out this half.

Reactions: 1 user
Really thank you that piece of enlightenment. But here’s the thing. I’m not jumping on the “blame the bloody coach” bandwagon yet when all the footballers running around in Richmond jumpers today are there because of the previous coach who fled, and a recruiting and football department that still believed in the chaos theory of football and moving the ball forward any way possible.

This is on the club - not the new coach. I see that obvious truth. What is said behind closed doors after the game today and leading into the off season, you and I are not privy to. And conjecture is like pis*^+ing into the wind!

But I hope there are a number of new faces at Punt Road over the summer. Don’t you?
My thoughts are we continue with Yze. He’s been dealt a dud hand.

However, he needs to show something as a coach. AFL is cut throat as the main man. This isn’t the assistant coach, good bloke, merry go round. This is the real deal. We need to see some semblance of improvement in game plan in 2025. We are currently too easy to play against, for a myriad of reasons that include both the playing list, coaching, and game plan.

In 12 months we’ll know a helluva lot more. There is nothing wrong with questioning the direction of the coaching.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
My thoughts are we continue with Yze. He’s been dealt a dud hand.

However, he needs to show something as a coach. AFL is cut throat as the main man. This isn’t the assistant coach, good bloke, merry go round. This is the real deal. We need to see some semblance of improvement in game plan in 2025. We are currently too easy to play against, for a myriad of reasons that include both the playing list, coaching, and game plan.

In 12 months we’ll know a helluva a lot more. There is nothing wrong with questioning the direction of the coaching.
The Tigers are a bloody train wreck this season. From the injuries, to a jaded football department and an administration - forced to play men children who, and let’s be honest, hear footsteps! All of which Yze inherited.

If he decides to leave over the summer, and I hope he doesn’t, who could blame him.

If he stays it won’t be long before you start seeing long over due changes at Punt Road.

Reactions: 4 users
If it was my club, I’d sack Yze and all the assistants. Put Leppitsch in as head coach & start again. That first quarter today was what it was like in 1992-3. Non-competitive and embarrassing.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
Our zone is not working. More chance of a cat winning an Oscar than someone manning up in our backline.

Sick of them being loose everywhere as they lick inside 50