Adem Yze | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Adem Yze

Are you OK or would you like me to dial 000? lol
Should I, will I, maybe yes, maybe no. But if I let it slide this guy will just keep on posting emotive, egocentric claptrap. Nah, I can't be bothered. But I'm sure he will give me another opportunity down the track to make comment. In the meantime I'm supporting the coach and look forward to the off season and the trade period to see who will be leaving Richmond and who will be coming to play for the club. Exciting times.

Reactions: 1 users
Should I, will I, maybe yes, maybe no. But if I let it slide this guy will just keep on posting emotive, egocentric claptrap. Nah, I can't be bothered. But I'm sure he will give me another opportunity down the track to make comment. In the meantime I'm supporting the coach and look forward to the off season and the trade period to see who will be leaving Richmond and who will be coming to play for the club. Exciting times.
We are all supporting the coach and you still have not understood my post. Hint a two letter word.

What’s all this about poison chalices?

A club employed a guy, the list was poorer than they thought, list managers are now looking to stock up at the draft.

End of story and pretty routine. Yze isn’t a bad coach and he isn’t a good coach.

Most reasonable supporters will say he hasn’t been able to set up yet.

Reactions: 4 users
Ooze on AFL 360 tonight:-

* Grimes most likely to retire.
* Duz thought he was a burden to the list and felt like he was wasting someone's spot.

How many is a lot? Have you interviewed them all? Nonsense response and time will only tell who's right.
There's plenty of us old Tiger fans that survived 37 years of crap and a couple of generations worth of tiger fans that grew up n signed on while we were crap. So I'm pretty sure there will be plenty hanging around during the rebuild that have a strong understanding of what's involved n how long it might take to crank up again.

Obviously of course there's always a handful or two of howling bleaters that start bitching n moaning as soon as it looks like time to do some hard yards again. But they can be found at all clubs and they're usually fairly irrelevant when it's time to be important.

Reactions: 12 users
There's plenty of us old Tiger fans that survived 37 years of crap and a couple of generations worth of tiger fans that grew up n signed on while we were crap. So I'm pretty sure there will be plenty hanging around during the rebuild that have a strong understanding of what's involved n how long it might take to crank up again.

Obviously of course there's always a handful or two of howling bleaters that start bitching n moaning as soon as it looks like time to do some hard yards again. But they can be found at all clubs and they're usually fairly irrelevant when it's time to be important.
Exactly and it will be probably 15% or higher . Look at our recent attendances as they’ve plummeted so my point is if if if if we have another season like this then will the board be prepared to back him as it then becomes a financial issue. Old folks like us always stick it out as we are just dedicated, loyal , probably crazy and everything else as we love the club. However, the newer generation can be fickle as they may have young families,high living costs , possible mortgages and it’s harder for them in these financial situations. I’m looking at the spectrum as I have heard and read a lot people saying if it’s *smile* like this next year they’re not going to games and will downgrade their memberships or cancel. The digital bricks saga was an eye opener because if they ran the same campaign from 17-20 they would’ve made a million overnight, yet they couldn’t get near it in a month.

What’s all this about poison chalices?

A club employed a guy, the list was poorer than they thought, list managers are now looking to stock up at the draft.

End of story and pretty routine. Yze isn’t a bad coach and he isn’t a good coach.

Most reasonable supporters will say he hasn’t been able to set up yet.
Not my words i just asked a simple question of, if it was a poison chalice is it unreasonable to ask questions about those who handed it to him.!!!!!
why was it a poisonous chalice. That would infer we got plenty wrong along the way. But na that never happens at our club.

I agree with your sentiment that we dont know if hes a good or bad coach. What i do not get is why we are not allowed to be sceptical nothing more.
Every man and his seeing eye dog is giving Yze time. So i just don't get the angst.

Exactly and it will be probably 15% or higher . Look at our recent attendances as they’ve plummeted so my point is if if if if we have another season like this then will the board be prepared to back him as it then becomes a financial issue. Old folks like us always stick it out as we are just dedicated, loyal , probably crazy and everything else as we love the club. However, the newer generation can be fickle as they may have young families,high living costs , possible mortgages and it’s harder for them in these financial situations. I’m looking at the spectrum as I have heard and read a lot people saying if it’s *smile* like this next year they’re not going to games and will downgrade their memberships or cancel. The digital bricks saga was an eye opener because if they ran the same campaign from 17-20 they would’ve made a million overnight, yet they couldn’t get near it in a month.
I think a bit different on this. I waited 37 years and the long journey meant i was going to see it thru until i either saw a flag or ended 6ft under.

I have been thru that long wait and i saw all the incompetence that went with it. I just don't think i need to go thru it again
The holy grail of holy grails was reached in 2017 i could walk away happy. In many ways it is just not that important any more and the state of the game in general is also pushing me and others away id say.

I like to think i learnt the lessons of being in the wilderness and right atm what is happening reminds me of the back end of our last great period before we went into 37 years of pain.

Im a realist it has been 4 years since our last flag we have compromised drafts coming and like a lot of supporters i dont think we have bottomed out yet.

It my come as a shock to some of the more consistent and "loud" posters on this site, but the RFC listen to other people, and not us, when it comes to making any decision about which direction the club plans to go. :rolleyes:

Do you ever read what you write and post here?
Oh you mean loud and passionate supporters. Just because you think being a positive poster makes you a better poster. Well mate your full of it.

Only fools think the club listens to internet warriors.

The last time i looked it is a footy site about the RFC warts and all. If you only want to read about the nice things then id say your in the wrong place.

18TH fallen off an absolute cliff after a flag just 4 seasons ago. Th e worst season in our history and here you are complaining about people questioning what is going on.

Do you ever read the crap you write and post here :unsure:

Reactions: 1 user
I think a bit different on this. I waited 37 years and the long journey meant i was going to see it thru until i either saw a flag or ended 6ft under.

I have been thru that long wait and i saw all the incompetence that went with it. I just don't think i need to go thru it again
The holy grail of holy grails was reached in 2017 i could walk away happy. In many ways it is just not that important any more and the state of the game in general is also pushing me and others away id say.

I like to think i learnt the lessons of being in the wilderness and right atm what is happening reminds me of the back end of our last great period before we went into 37 years of pain.

Im a realist it has been 4 years since our last flag we have compromised drafts coming and like a lot of supporters i dont think we have bottomed out yet.
You are my generation and that’s what I said we are the loyal ones. It’s a different two generations that has followed us.

Reactions: 1 users
One thing Yze said tonight said his game plan is very similar to the old game plan. He talked about a turnover game. I think it's the first time I have heard him say that.

• Haha
Oh you mean loud and passionate supporters. Just because you think being a positive poster makes you a better poster. Well mate your full of it.

The last time i looked it is a footy site about the RFC warts and all. If you only want to read about the nice things then id say your in the wrong place.

18TH fallen off an absolute cliff after a flag just 4 seasons ago. Th e worst season in our history and here you are complaining about people questioning what is going on.

It’s discussion and I like reading all views, but unfortunately if you make a suggestion of areas where the coach needs to improve then suddenly they assume you want him sacked. They hurl out abuse , name call and and make all sorts of accusations against you.
Half the time they don’t even understand or comprehend what you’ve typed. It’s frustrating as all suggestions to me are positive and enjoyable. I wanted mini to stay as this year was going to be a diabolical year for a rookie coach and as people have said he was thrown to the wolves. Could have he done better is the million dollar question with the *smile* that happened? I believe yes if he injected a more pressure and defensive game as tackling and pressure acts in general we are th 18th ranked team in the league. Yet Yze in the presser yesterday said Saints didn’t allow us to play our pressure game. lol 😂 We are ranked *smile* last in this area Adem.
Other issues are use of the sub ,not dropping senior players ( which was harder for him because of players dropping like flies) and game plan. He will be hopefully provided better support in all areas of the FD and with few injuries only we will see if he can make us more competitive and if we can improve as the year progresses.

One thing Yze said tonight said his game plan is very similar to the old game plan. He talked about a turnover game. I think it's the first time I have heard him say that.
We’ve had a couple of different ones under Dimma and Co.
Hope he’s not referring to the 2016

🤪😏 Why do I get the impression you are posting this from under your bed convinced the sky is falling - made worse by the fact nobody cares about what you write 🤷‍♂️

Not sure what is being debated here now.

Anyway I continue to go to games and I have found if you don’t worry too much about the results then you can just enjoy the process of seeing some of the young players grow. Also I have enjoyed some of the efforts of senior players when we are down, Broady over the last few weeks and Dan Rioli as examples.

I am comfortable to let the club do it’s job now and trust that the foundations Benny and his team have laid down will result in a positive rebuild. Now is the time for cool heads and mature management, the knee jerks of the past need to remain in the past imo.

Let’s enjoy the ride and we can judge Yze when he hopefully has not only a better quality squad but also one that is not riddled with injured players.

Reactions: 12 users
And if he had the list available thru the season when making that statement he may of been spot on, we'll never know tho due to the worst injury season I've known in my 56 year membership.

Reactions: 6 users
And if he had the list available thru the season when making that statement he may of been spot on, we'll never know tho due to the worst injury season I've known in my 56 year membership.
I agree Frecks. Never seen anything like it in my time following the Tigers.

That's when the Club should have asked!