Adem Yze | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Adem Yze

I think a big disappointment is how our 2021 draft is looking so far. Injuries are obviously a factor, but I’m sure the thought process at the end of 2022 was that these kids would all be playing regularly. So we add some players in their prime (TimT & Hopper) and we continue to play finals.

The plan has really come unstuck quickly.

Reactions: 8 users
And if he had the list available thru the season when making that statement he may of been spot on, we'll never know tho due to the worst injury season I've known in my 56 year membership.
Spot on! Definitely the worst amount of injuries I have ever seen a single club get from the start of a season! Look what happened to Carlton this round against the Hawks. From one game, they had 5 injuries. Their season is shot from the injuries from this one game! Now multiply that by 10 rounds and you have Richmond.

Richmond had this happen just about every game for the first half of the season. There were at least 2 to 5 injuries per game in the 1's and a few in the 2's during the same period. I have never gone to games thinking this before, but there was a time this season I was going to games just hoping no one would get injured.

Reactions: 10 users
Exactly and it will be probably 15% or higher . Look at our recent attendances as they’ve plummeted so my point is if if if if we have another season like this then will the board be prepared to back him as it then becomes a financial issue. Old folks like us always stick it out as we are just dedicated, loyal , probably crazy and everything else as we love the club. However, the newer generation can be fickle as they may have young families,high living costs , possible mortgages and it’s harder for them in these financial situations. I’m looking at the spectrum as I have heard and read a lot people saying if it’s *smile* like this next year they’re not going to games and will downgrade their memberships or cancel. The digital bricks saga was an eye opener because if they ran the same campaign from 17-20 they would’ve made a million overnight, yet they couldn’t get near it in a month.
Apart from the Moggies it's pretty much cyclical for every team in the comp. Bank the excess in the good times to help cover for the lean times. We managed to survive near 40 years of crap with very little promise or potential during that period. A couple of years of premium drafting will give the fans plenty of hope n potential to look forward to, as long as there's some development and improvement over the ensuing years it'll be fine.

Reactions: 4 users
Spot on! Definitely the worst amount of injuries I have ever seen a single club get from the start of a season! Look what happened to Carlton this round against the Hawks. From one game, they had 5 injuries. Their season is shot from the injuries from this one game! Now multiply that by 10 rounds and you have Richmond.

Richmond had this happen just about every game for the first half of the season. There were at least 2 to 5 injuries per game in the 1's and a few in the 2's during the same period. I have never gone to games thinking this before, but there was a time this season I was going to games just hoping no one would get injured.
I think we may have set a record of acl’s too

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
There's plenty of us old Tiger fans that survived 37 years of crap and a couple of generations worth of tiger fans that grew up n signed on while we were crap. So I'm pretty sure there will be plenty hanging around during the rebuild that have a strong understanding of what's involved n how long it might take to crank up again.

Obviously of course there's always a handful or two of howling bleaters that start bitching n moaning as soon as it looks like time to do some hard yards again. But they can be found at all clubs and they're usually fairly irrelevant when it's time to be important.
I reckon if you told any of the other 17 clubs supporters your team will be crap for 10 seasons, but before that you can have 3 flags out of the next 4 they would gladly take it. But some on here seem to think anything but a flag every year is failure.

Reactions: 14 users
he may not be the coach we wanted if it doesn’t work out, but in the end, he may be the coach we needed, in order to get the influx of high end draft picks.

I’m a believer though

Reactions: 1 user
he may not be the coach we wanted if it doesn’t work out, but in the end, he may be the coach we needed, in order to get the influx of high end draft picks.

I’m a believer though
So, he's a Brett Ratten? I do believe he's been thrown to the wolves, and the club saw a bad result coming, not with the injury tsunami, but they knew the cupboard was pretty bare when it came to quality and Yze is taking the fall for it. Unfortunately, it's very hard, if not impossible for a coach to survive something like this, but hopefully his replacement will be able to reap the rewards of what Yze's sacrifice gets us.

I reckon if you told any of the other 17 clubs supporters your team will be crap for 10 seasons, but before that you can have 3 flags out of the next 4 they would gladly take it. But some on here seem to think anything but a flag every year is failure.
This argument doesn’t take into account the effort it took to earn those premierships and they were certainly earned. Nothing was gifted to us, we had to fight for everything and it was an often painful journey.

I can’t speak for others, but to see us give up all those gains, onfield at least, so quickly and easily is very frustrating. We are looking at yet another lost decade supporting a mediocre, listless team and all because of the apparent arrogance and complacency of those in charge.

It is not unreasonable to expect better than what we have been given post 2020.

Reactions: 3 users
Apart from the Moggies it's pretty much cyclical for every team in the comp. Bank the excess in the good times to help cover for the lean times. We managed to survive near 40 years of crap with very little promise or potential during that period. A couple of years of premium drafting will give the fans plenty of hope n potential to look forward to, as long as there's some development and improvement over the ensuing years it'll be fine.
If only 40k turn up for our season opener against the Blues then we know there has been a drop off.Think I still have a SOS can somewhere.

I’m a believer though
Think we’ll find out next year whether Yze is the right coach. We gotta cut him some slack for this year. Tough time to take over.

Reactions: 6 users
Any chance we can give Yze a go?
This season has been destroyed due to huge number of injuries.
Let’s go to the draft pick the best kids and judge him in 2025

Reactions: 6 users
Think we’ll find out next year whether Yze is the right coach. We gotta cut him some slack for this year. Tough time to take over.
it'll be tough next year because the list is so poor. having said that, some semblance of system should be evident.

Reactions: 5 users
Any chance we can give Yze a go?
This season has been destroyed due to huge number of injuries.
Let’s go to the draft pick the best kids and judge him in 2025
exactly. i would even say judge him with some leeway next year and hold him fully to account in 2026.

Reactions: 9 users
Newman should’ve got the job as he had the foresight to see we needed a rebuild. Yze was expecting top 4 and with no ceiling on it.
Obviously he didn’t understand where we were at as a Football club and Newey did. Fortunately for Yze he’s getting picks now and he may get Newey’s wishes delivered to him by default. It will be an interesting year next year how the side comes up with all the changes to the list and FD whether he can get the side to improve from now to then. I just want to see improvement and a game plan that the boys are playing as a team . This years a write off , but he can’t overrate the list again and be prepared to raise the standards with defensive pressure.

Reactions: 1 users
Newman should’ve got the job as he had the foresight to see we needed a rebuild. Yze was expecting top 4 and with no ceiling on it.
Obviously he didn’t understand where we were at as a Football club and Newey did. Fortunately for Yze he’s getting picks now and he may get Newey’s wishes delivered to him by default. It will be an interesting year next year how the side comes up with all the changes to the list and FD whether he can get the side to improve from now to then. I just want to see improvement and a game plan that the boys are playing as a team . This years a write off , but he can’t overrate the list again and be prepared to raise the standards with defensive pressure.
I am an Yze defender (or common sense defender) but if Yze was to overrate the list at this juncture he is a dead set peanut.

it'll be tough next year because the list is so poor. having said that, some semblance of system should be evident.
Is the list as bad as Adelaide's or Melbourne's or even Stkilda's?
The bad list talk is *smile*. The problem stands as none has improved under him.
Even in the shiit years we had Justin Pickering, Matthew Knights, Richo, Bowden, Couglan etc.
This mass exodus of players wanting to leave hasn't happened because of money like in 1982. It's because they don't like playing under him.
I would be shocked if he survives next year.
He hasn't shown anything. Apart from moving Balta back and forth.
What style are we playing,? Please explain?

When opposition coaches start with it 'it was like circle work' something rotten is at the club. I don't care where sitting last but show us a kid that we can look forward seeing playing in the future or even a style of game that sets up for the future.

• Love
The bad list talk is *smile*. The problem stands as none has improved under him.
Even in the shiit years we had Justin Pickering, Matthew Knights, Richo, Bowden, Couglan etc.
This mass exodus of players wanting to leave hasn't happened because of money like in 1982. It's because they don't like playing under him.

When opposition coaches start with it 'it was like circle work' something rotten is at the club. I don't care where sitting last but show us a kid that we can look forward seeing playing in the future or even a style of game that sets up for the future.
It’s about maximising our draft position

You keep banging on about a "mass exodus of players wanting to leave.' What makes you such a incredible nostradamus? I look forward to the actual reality in the next few weeks. I am suggesting you will need to go and read the difinition of 'mass"!

I think a big disappointment is how our 2021 draft is looking so far. Injuries are obviously a factor, but I’m sure the thought process at the end of 2022 was that these kids would all be playing regularly. So we add some players in their prime (TimT & Hopper) and we continue to play finals.

The plan has really come unstuck quickly.
2 out of the 3 who are fit are regulars.
1 of the 2 who are injured was a regular.

Right now 3 out of the 5 are looking promising (IMO), 1 cant be judged, and 1 isnt looking good- funnily enough that 1 has played the most games and has played well in a final.

And we need to remember in 2021 we had picks 9, 17, 28, 29 & 30. It appears sometimes that folks think our draft hand was the same as 2004- 1, 4, 12, 16 & 20.