Adem Yze | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Adem Yze

I thought Carter was good cop 🤣. I agree with most of this and am looking forward to the off season to see what talent we can get in as the cupboard is bare. Not sure on the Bolton and Rioli situation although I feel it is probably more player than club driven. Regardless if it is true we need to make the most of it.

Agree in the main on Hartley but the Ryan extension was insane; absolutely insane. He has been putrid all season.
Ryan is an interesting one for sure. Happy to wait and see if he fills out.

Overreaction city. Next year he will have 3 to 5 first round draft picks to play with, largely midfielders. No Dusty uncertainty, no Baker uncertainty, no Rioli speculation and same with Bolton. Also, a CEO who isn’t thinking about who is going to play FF for Tassie.

Hopefully a fit Lynch, Gibcus, Lafau, Clarke, Rioli Jnr etc, less injuries and continuity.

Btw, does anyone believe that Baker was out due to concussion?

Reactions: 4 users
He’ll get next year given his contract. But there’ll be no change in result. It’ll be an interesting discussion this time next year.
Next year will test the faith if we are at a similar point. But let’s wait until next year.

Yze deserves the opportunity to build his own blueprint of success, not one inherited of departing premiership legends.

Some of us are old enough to remember a string of RFC coaches who were sacked after an expectation of immediate success following a golden era..

Reactions: 4 users
Yze is a genius. Our uncompetitiveness is purely contrived so that our glory will confound and damn the doubters and give eternal sustenance to those who kept the faith.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Yze is a genius. Our uncompetitiveness is purely contrived so that our glory will confound and damn the doubters and give eternal sustenance to those who kept the faith.
it's not about committing blind faith in Yze (though I do like him personally)

it's about not judging him in ya know, year zero

Reactions: 3 users
Yze remind me of that Aussie chick doing the break dancing in the Olympics.

Doesn’t have the moves

Reactions: 1 user
By the way small ray of light today. Fawcett looks good.
Very small sample size. But was a cracking contested mark near goal and he did a few nice things.

Would be very nice if he could develop into something. We certainly need it. However our record with SA tall players does not fill me with much confidence. Hopefully he can bet there.

The players don’t give a *smile*? Maybe the case and if so that is on them. But it’s also on him for not being able to get any buy in. If is the case he has lost them and that is a bad sign.

We are a terrible team to watch at the moment. Extremely boring and unimaginative. Just kick short to the pocket then down the line so the opposition can force a turnover. Extremely predictable and very boring. He would want to show us something different year.
I think you're too pissed off to see the reality. Compare our first 5-6 weeks to now. Players were completely bought in. Everyone was saying how well he was doing in his first season, even when the injuries were high.
I know for a fact the older players were hanging round to have one last run at finals. There were several senior players getting lots of work into their bodies during pre-season, and there was a high degree of confidence about several players expected output.
Since round 1 (2nd week) stuff has slowly fallen away. The players gave up hope of finals a long time ago, now they've given up hope of a Sydney/ Geelong style rebuild. Hence the jumping ship. Older guys don't want to finish their careers like that.
Taranto is challenging folks to lift, but some others are just marking time. Ideally Yze would drop them for lack of effort, but there's literally no one to replace them. The guys who've come back from injury they are making do multiple weeks at VFL level if they can, to build the work in their legs.
But if folks want to be traded, there's some selfishness coming in. Not putting themselves in a risky place. Not working hard enough to chase. You don't want to do an ACL and not get traded do you? Do we demote someone and ruin trade value?

This is a complete sham. Kevin Sheedy or Jock McHale would damage their reputations trying to manage this *smile* show, let alone a first year head coach - who no doubt is getting some stuff wrong, but has been asked to try steer the titanic away from the iceberg about 30 yards away from it.

Next year will likely be the same sort of win loss, but I expect he'll have more of his list working for him, so we should see more structure and effort. It won't be consistent though when the young guys run out of legs.

It'll take 2 years to flush out the muck, then we've gotta wait for the kids to grow...tough times.

Reactions: 17 users
I think you're too pissed off to see the reality. Compare our first 5-6 weeks to now. Players were completely bought in. Everyone was saying how well he was doing in his first season, even when the injuries were high.
I know for a fact the older players were hanging round to have one last run at finals. There were several senior players getting lots of work into their bodies during pre-season, and there was a high degree of confidence about several players expected output.
Since round 1 (2nd week) stuff has slowly fallen away. The players gave up hope of finals a long time ago, now they've given up hope of a Sydney/ Geelong style rebuild. Hence the jumping ship. Older guys don't want to finish their careers like that.
Taranto is challenging folks to lift, but some others are just marking time. Ideally Yze would drop them for lack of effort, but there's literally no one to replace them. The guys who've come back from injury they are making do multiple weeks at VFL level if they can, to build the work in their legs.
But if folks want to be traded, there's some selfishness coming in. Not putting themselves in a risky place. Not working hard enough to chase. You don't want to do an ACL and not get traded do you? Do we demote someone and ruin trade value?

This is a complete sham. Kevin Sheedy or Jock McHale would damage their reputations trying to manage this *smile* show, let alone a first year head coach - who no doubt is getting some stuff wrong, but has been asked to try steer the titanic away from the iceberg about 30 yards away from it.

Next year will likely be the same sort of win loss, but I expect he'll have more of his list working for him, so we should see more structure and effort. It won't be consistent though when the young guys run out of legs.

It'll take 2 years to flush out the muck, then we've gotta wait for the kids to grow...tough times.
Brilliant post. You should also add he will get his full team around him. I would expect more changes in the coaches box.

Reactions: 3 users
Carter or the Baron only likes two types of opinions; his own and those that agree with his own.

To be fair Yze does need next year to show what he can do; probably even the year after. Doesn’t mean that people need to drink the Carter Kool Aid and keep silent on what has transpired this year. It has been very very ugly to watch.
Well spoken Riddles. I don't think anyone is saying get rid of Yze. What they are saying is we need to see the direction he is trying to take us.
I would hazard a guess most supporters currently have nfi what he is trying to achieve or where he is trying to take us.

Personally i'm really worried that real simple basics of the game are not apparent and we are continually all over the shop regards structure and system.
The total lack of seniors having to be accountable for really shitty games week on end is mind boggling. What an easy way to destroy club culture.

Some fair points there General. But you will recall the first game against GC where we were uncompetitive; particularly first half. Did not augur well…….

But if the injuries are the main reason for our freefall, and it certainly is a major contributor, then why would said senior players not hang around to try and help push as back up the ladder next year when hopefully the injury crisis abates?

There is a bit of truth in what you say but also has to be some truth in what I believe is that many of the players are not buying Yze’s vision. And you’re right I am pissed off at how far we have fallen and how quickly. It is completely unacceptable to be heading for the worst season in our history a mere 4 years after winning a 3rd flag in 4 seasons. We should be better than that. It appears the club as whole got quite complacent and completely overrated where the list was at; even Yze. Top 4 my arse.

It’s gonna be a long road back and he will now get his chance to implement his own roadmap. How long he gets to do it remains to be seen. Whatever we can’t be seeing these type of performances this time next year. We need to be a lot more competitive and actually look like an AFL standard team. Right now we do not look like that.

Rebuild a winning culture. *smile* this playing for pick 1 *smile* like it’s some sort of panacea. How’s Carlton looking 17-20 years after the great tank? How many flags?

Reactions: 7 users
Beats me why there are so many folks sweating on Yze in the final miserable rounds of a bottom finish season
Unbalanced emotional intelligence and misplaced grandstanding can lead to all sorts of explosive explosive outbursts that don’t reflect objective reality.