Adem Yze | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Adem Yze

I was impressed today at the concerted effort to hit targets coming out of the backline. A clear instruction had obviously been given during the week. A number of times, our players shaped up for the get out kick, only to turn and find a target. Actually resulted in a couple of easy hit up shots at goal for the first time this year.

Still so many players playing in the wrong position though.

Same here and he knows it. Hardest job of any team in this league. Just wish some doubters would just accept the fact it takes time and realise he's not a dud as Neeld, Bolton, Shaw, Noble and some others clearly were. He's got the guts to not chicken out of this position.
How do you know he’s not a dud? Not saying he is but there is no empirical evidence to say he’s not. He’s leading us to the worst season in the history of the club. We probably would have had better results without the injuries but we may not have as well. It’s all just opinion at this stage. You can the other coaches (I agree) but not sure any of them had worse seasons than this one that Yze has had. There is nothing to say that he may not end up the same way.

All I know is that we are horrible to watch. Shocking. It’s been a long time since there has been less enjoyment watching us play. We need to see some massive improvement in game plan, effort and intensity next season even if the results don’t necessarily improve that much. Just show us something to look forward to. Right most of the team is not playing for him and that is shown in the lack of intensity and pressure displayed on the ground.

Reactions: 4 users
Lol we’re in year zero of a rebuild

Zero

We haven’t even got any good youth in yet

And folks are calling for Yze’s head

Hahahahahaha

Reactions: 6 users
I was impressed today at the concerted effort to hit targets coming out of the backline. A clear instruction had obviously been given during the week. A number of times, our players shaped up for the get out kick, only to turn and find a target. Actually resulted in a couple of easy hit up shots at goal for the first time this year.

Still so many players playing in the wrong position though.
Really? The vast majority of time we’d just kick it short to the pocket and then go long down the line where it was invariably turned over due to our lack of marking options. The Saints just continually drilled it back into their forward line. There may have been a few times when there was more than one short kick to a target but more often than not we had to go long and it ended up back in our backline. They scored so much from turnover.

Reactions: 1 users

Zero

Hahahahahaha
Agree. Let’s reserve judgment in 12 months time and hopefully without the long injury list.

Reactions: 3 users

Zero

Hahahahahaha
Zero im not sure we have even bottomed out yet. The sooner we accept we need to the better. Im not sure Yze or those in charge see this.

Im not sure what it will take for some supporters like you to even question what is going on. Must be great living in a time warp.

Reactions: 1 user
Zero im not sure we have even bottomed out yet. The sooner we accept we need to the better. Im not sure Yze or those in charge see this.
Serious question but what does ‘bottoming out’ mean? Were 18th with 2 wins.

How do you know he’s not a dud? Not saying he is but there is no empirical evidence to say he’s not. He’s leading us to the worst season in the history of the club. We probably would have had better results without the injuries but we may not have as well. It’s all just opinion at this stage. You can the other coaches (I agree) but not sure any of them had worse seasons than this one that Yze has had. There is nothing to say that he may not end up the same way.

All I know is that we are horrible to watch. Shocking. It’s been a long time since there has been less enjoyment watching us play. We need to see some massive improvement in game plan, effort and intensity next season even if the results don’t necessarily improve that much. Just show us something to look forward to. Right most of the team is not playing for him and that is shown in the lack of intensity and pressure displayed on the ground.
Spot on

No, not spot on.

The question is stupid.

No one will know how good Yze is until our list has been rejuvenated.

Give him another couple. This should go without saying but PRE will peanut like no other site

Reactions: 1 user
Just can’t see how he will survive long term. He could double our wins next year and still only end up with a record of 4-19 and another spoon. That would be six wins in two seasons history suggest rookie coaches just do not come back from that kind of record.

Poor Yze couldn’t have taken a worse coaching job in football.

Reactions: 1 users