Adem Yze | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Adem Yze

do you think coaches actually do this? Interesting thought. I think Adem didn’t do all he could to win the match.
You do know that Yze comes from the club that actually invented the tank?
He’s still got a poster of Jordan McMahon on his bedroom wall.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
In the defence of players like Rioli thinking of leaving.
Can you imagine having gone from the worst to the best, under the tutelage of Cotchin, Reiwoldt, Rance etc. Our leaders were really excellent and massive in turning around the club.

Now you've got Yze talking rebuild, but we are missing those player leaders. I'd struggle to have faith too, at least for a few years, and that's their entire remaining career.
That's my point. But Yze can't put lipstick on a pig and call it Elle McPherson. The players know what a rebuild looks like.
I don't blame the players so much, and I don't blame Yze. It's just post Dynasty realities.

Reactions: 1 users
You do know that Yze comes from the club that actually invented the tank?
He’s still got a poster of Jordan McMahon on his bedroom wall.
Carlton were tanking long before Melbourne. Remember Libba talking about it in his days as an assistant coach, only to find his office moved to the opposite side of optus oval?
We did it a bit too....Deledio Cup?

That wasn't his point I don't think. His point was that Prestia, Taranto and Hopper had kicking efficiency rates of 20%, 36% and 37% respectively and were butchering the football and as such, leaving them all in the midfield at the same time was crazy. We just kept turning it over in the midfield time and time again. (If in fact, those kicking numbers were correct. They seem too bad to be true even by our deplorable standards).

Note: not sure how much TOG with them all being out there together they had. Dunno where he's getting any time numbers from, if at all.
Yes we should’ve delved into our deep pool of midfielders

Good lord

That wasn't his point I don't think. His point was that Prestia, Taranto and Hopper had kicking efficiency rates of 20%, 36% and 37% respectively and were butchering the football and as such, leaving them all in the midfield at the same time was crazy. We just kept turning it over in the midfield time and time again. (If in fact, those kicking numbers were correct. They seem too bad to be true even by our deplorable standards).

Note: not sure how much TOG with them all being out there together they had. Dunno where he's getting any time numbers from, if at all.
Taranto 83%, Hopper 74% & Prestia 78%.

Taranto 83%, Hopper 74% & Prestia 78%.
These are their individual TOG's. King really needed to reference TOG together at the same time, between the 3 of them, and then measure or reference it against something for it to be meaningful. Dunno how you'd do that.

Or maybe he was just talking about centre clearances ? Who knows. He'd still have to gather those stats - all 3 together at the same time - and reference it somehow to prove his point.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Not sure what to read into the inside 50 count. Would be one of the few times this year that we have won it.

So far this year we are 16th for inside fifties. Only you guessed it WCE and NM are behind us.

When it comes to clearances we are stone motherless last. When it comes to contested possessions we are again stone motherless last.

Our leading contested ball winner and clearance player is our ruckman.

Imo we lack mids with speed and power who can break away from a contest and hit targets.
We should get at least one in the draft but we need more than that rather quickly.

Think you're on the money T Love.
Turnovers are happening in that centre corridor, as Yze is pushing an aggressive ball movement. The bad guys are getting easy ball and hit up their forwards in space because of the diabolical turnovers.
If we tighten our ball use its gotta help.
Is it experience and composure?

And centre clearances are waltzing out the front door. We seem to be too aggressive.
Its not the cattle, weve had Taranto Hopps and Prestia.
Its time for Rioli.
And wings need to be charging in for support.
I hope we see change /improvement over preseason
Death, taxes and a RFC score line consisting of more behinds than goals.

Take away the Fremantle game, since round 16 our opponents have kicked amazingly straight 81goals 41 behinds. What do we put that down to? I think diabical turnovers and letting teams easily transition through the corridor too often (our lack of pace) .

High risk/low reward game plan.

We work our asses off to get in to poor goal scoring positions, while gifting the opposition straight line runs at goal.

Can that swing to higher reward with a team full of the best kicks in the league?

Can you actually get that under the equalisation measures?

Will we be even worse off without Rioli and Baker?

Very risky period this next couple of years.

King is a great analyst and is bang on. The entries were putrid and those 3 are hacks of the footy. If you didn’t see that watching the game you better go to specsavers.
Ok thanks genius, where did you get the specsavers insult from? Just a gold put down line and so original !!

Lol

• Haha
High risk/low reward game plan.

We work our asses off to get in to poor goal scoring positions, while gifting the opposition straight line runs at goal.

Can that swing to higher reward with a team full of the best kicks in the league?

Can you actually get that under the equalisation measures?

Will we be even worse off without Rioli and Baker?

Very risky period this next couple of years.

… or we will continue to build our list (and form line) from what is currently a low base.

More likely than your sounding of the alarm in year 1, I would think? Lol

So many really bad takes at the moment

Think we mighta fell off the step ladder trying to reach that ceiling n busted a hip on landing.

Whatever it was we thought we mighta achieved this year got bent over n butt *smile* by the injury gods.

It was his interview pitch and good on him

It’s the club that is culpable more than anything for believing in the list for one or two more years than it should have.

Forgivable, however, considering the dynasty
Exactly.
Also need to give fans hope , but it just went pear shaped the minute Graham pulled a Hammy in the first practice match.
I don’t think we would’ve made the eight still as the list had a few too many old players ready for retirement, too slow overall and the young players either not up to it or not ready.
These statements look uglier when they backfire . Yze isn’t the list manager or drafters etc and that’s not on him.
What’s on him is the game plan, standards set, player rapport, communication skills, leadership , relationships builder etc etc.
The question will he be a successful coach can’t be answered after his gruelling initiation this season. I still think he sets low standards and is too chummy with players, but we will see what happens next year as this season was a depressing write off.

In the defence of players like Rioli thinking of leaving.
Can you imagine having gone from the worst to the best, under the tutelage of Cotchin, Reiwoldt, Rance etc. Our leaders were really excellent and massive in turning around the club.

Now you've got Yze talking rebuild, but we are missing those player leaders. I'd struggle to have faith too, at least for a few years, and that's their entire remaining career.
Yep that’s fine , it’s convenient for us , it’s rare that a club would have a HBF with such value at 28 ,,,gold

I think Lynch in our side all year makes a massive difference to our fortunes. Our luck of recruiting of any typ f tall forwards t and decent ones over the years has been tragic and a major contributor to where we are at

I think Lynch in our side all year makes a massive difference to our fortunes. Our luck of recruiting of any typ f tall forwards t and decent ones over the years has been tragic and a major contributor to where we are at
I agree. But what is out there that we should have got? These players aren’t all that common. Melbourne have tried and failed and probably cost them two flags IMO with that midfield.

Treacy seems the steal that was out there but more a mobile CHF than a big lug FF.