Adem Yze | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Adem Yze

When staff leave an organisation 90% of the time its due to the fact that they do not like / respect their manager

Unfortunately for Yze, if Shai or Rioli leave, its on him

Its on him, because they just don't believe in him, and if thats the case, his days are numbered.
That's a pretty big straw man.

The players might have been interested in staying when they thought we were going to try rebuild and win. Now we're going a conventional rebuild, they're not buying in - perhaps. We're assuming the media is correct.

The fact we can't get the same 30 (let alone 40) to train week to week is not Yze’s fault. People forget we had some promise at the start of the year. As the injuries mounted and players lost hope, the season has got worse. Not many coaches can stop that momentum.

Reactions: 8 users
It's fact and stop your insults please . We've failed in drafting and the 22 trades were garbage and this is why we've lost picks early. lol . Our list is miles off with both kids and veterans. List management is woeful so try and follow how we failed badly at it after 2020. Don't look at draft picks only as we picked up 2 low DE footballers on big deals for four early picks and the 21 draft we had 5 picks under 30 and they're looking pretty miserable. Now spare us if with your insults and show some maturity and do some homework before you drip like a leaking tap.
There’s no insults there partner , my rebuke was related to the comment not personalized so unprick your balloon and get on with it

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
There’s no insults there partner , my rebuke was related to the comment not personalized so unprick your balloon and get on with it
Happy Bayer 04 GIF by Bayer 04 Leverkusen

Press play.

Move balta back
Move Balta forward
Move Balta back
Move balta forward

Go back to Melbourne please
And if he didn’t plenty on here would screaming that Ooze is too conservative and unwilling to try new things with players.

Tough gig being a coach.

Reactions: 1 users
For all those media seagulls placing pressure on Ooze as coach, have a look at Voss and Pepper Scott!!!

That was the Dan Frawley game plan bc he didn't have the talent or skilled enough players. We need to get to the draft asap and hope we can find some cream midfielders
Dimma did it a lot pre Lynch as well.... kick it to forward pocket, get a throw-in and let our smalls go to work. A lot of teams do it when they don't have dominant
tall forwards.

Reactions: 3 users
That's a pretty big straw man.

The players might have been interested in staying when they thought we were going to try rebuild and win. Now we're going a conventional rebuild, they're not buying in - perhaps. We're assuming the media is correct.

The fact we can't get the same 30 (let alone 40) to train week to week is not Yze’s fault. People forget we had some promise at the start of the year. As the injuries mounted and players lost hope, the season has got worse. Not many coaches can stop that momentum.

I'm not saying anything is true as far as players leaving

I am just saying its the coaches job to sell hope, and belief, especially to the players, if he can't and they want to leave it is largely on him.

That's his job, regardless of injuries or anything else

I also believe that we are not THAT bad, one of the key differences between us and Geelong is that Cameron, Danger, Stewart, are all still their best players, and as far as Cameron and Stewart are concerned, they play every week, and are their best players every week

Take those three players out, and take away the biggest home ground advantage in the AFL, and then Humphries and Dempsey would have a very different AFL experience, and Geelong would not make finals, no way

So my point is, Yze has enough reason to explain away this year, especially to the players

Problem is if they think he is not up to it, because that's why players leave

We where garbage with Dimma at the start as well, but the players bought in, and the rest is history

• Love
I'm not saying anything is true as far as players leaving

I am just saying its the coaches job to sell hope, and belief, especially to the players, if he can't and they want to leave it is largely on him.

That's his job, regardless of injuries or anything else

I also believe that we are not THAT bad, one of the key differences between us and Geelong is that Cameron, Danger, Stewart, are all still their best players, and as far as Cameron and Stewart are concerned, they play every week, and are their best players every week

Take those three players out, and take away the biggest home ground advantage in the AFL, and then Humphries and Dempsey would have a very different AFL experience, and Geelong would not make finals, no way

So my point is, Yze has enough reason to explain away this year, especially to the players

Problem is if they think he is not up to it, because that's why players leave

We where garbage with Dimma at the start as well, but the players bought in, and the rest is history
My point is, they may think he "is up to it", but don't want to be a part of a rebuild as they've been to the top and don't want to go back to the bottom.

That's reality. And it doesn't matter how much a coach sells a picture, if someone wants a short cut to the top (like Dimma did), they'll take it.

Players also leave, because the coach wants to develop other players in a position and the incumbent doesn't want to step aside.

Its more complex than "my boss is bad, im going"

Its not a binary world, where things are so absolute.

Reactions: 3 users
My point is, they may think he "is up to it", but don't want to be a part of a rebuild as they've been to the top and don't want to go back to the bottom.

That's reality. And it doesn't matter how much a coach sells a picture, if someone wants a short cut to the top (like Dimma did), they'll take it.

Players also leave, because the coach wants to develop other players in a position and the incumbent doesn't want to step aside.

Its more complex than "my boss is bad, im going"

Its not a binary world, where things are so absolute.
I am well aware that the world is not binary

The key difference between me and you on this is that I think there is a strong correlation between required players leaving and the coaches ability to get players to buy in , and you sound like you don’t .

Reactions: 1 user
Have they won more than 2 games for the season?
Expectations need to be in context tho , we were expected to be bottom 4 , blues were expected to be a premiership aspirant I know which ones further from expectation don’t you