Adem Yze | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Adem Yze

Saying Yze has time to prove himself, but has proven nothing yet is sensible, not having it both ways.

You’ve really gone out of your way to say Yze hasn’t proven himself yet lol

You don’t rate him and said so a few pages back

From memory by seasons end we’d only had two players who’d played every game that year. Tom Lynch & Dion Prestia..
Yep we had a rough start.

Imagine we were pretty settled in the run home though.

Maybe graham for Pickett and a 21/22 type player?

You’ve really gone out of your way to say Yze hasn’t proven himself yet lol

You don’t rate him and said so a few pages back
No, you said that.

But have fun arguing with yourself.

Good way to guarantee a satisfactory opponent!

From memory by seasons end we’d only had two players who’d played every game that year. Tom Lynch & Dion Prestia..
In round 19 of 2019 Dusty had 38 disposals, 26 pressure acts , 14 contested possessions and 2 goals......!! Stack had 20 possessions and Chol played..

Prestia had 35, Houli had 31 and Tigger had 27.. Holy Sh1t

This is what PRE was like prior to mid 2017.
I remember those days BT, but we hadn’t just won 3 premierships! As we know, the competition is designed to ‘equalise’ (a bit animal farm though I admit). Geelong get to play a static game on a tiny ground so their stars age well, ours have fallen off a cliff. I blame Meehan if anyone.

Reactions: 1 users
first year coach and you want his head on a platter

sheesh
Why do you always have to extend every idea to it's most extreme and absurd. If you can find anywhere that I have ever suggested anything like that, well, you won't.

I don't think he's had a great year (duh). I think he's had one of the toughest assignments in the league. I also think he's made errors. I think he's got a couple more years to prove he's more than that.

Wait, I just had flashbacks to saying this... 8000 times.

Preparing for you to now mention something about pitchforks or decapitation or some other reduction to absurdity.

Reactions: 1 user
💯 my point.
By the way what's not negotiable for me is basic kicking skills need to be good we have ignored it to long it's the bread and butter of footy any level.
So, if we get a team of snails?
There's very few perfect players.

I don't want Castagna's and Dow's kicking skills again, but at a pick in the second round, I'm OK with a McIntosh or Rance type kicking skills, as there were other attributes to trade off of. We just can't have 22 of em.

Why do you always have to extend every idea to it's most extreme and absurd. If you can find anywhere that I have ever suggested anything like that, well, you won't.

I don't think he's had a great year (duh). I think he's had one of the toughest assignments in the league. I also think he's made errors. I think he's got a couple more years to prove he's more than that.

Wait, I just had flashbacks to saying this... 8000 times.

Preparing for you to now mention something about pitchforks or decapitation or some other reduction to absurdity.
ah the back-pedaling is really something

you said Yze's coaching performance this year has been "poor"

that's what you said, and now you've back-pedaled to "made errors" in an effort to take some kind of "well duh" position.

impressive gymnastics Burg

I am still interested in how exactly you think Yze has been poor this year. i'll wait.

1. Playing Bolton out of position for the majority of the year.
2. Switching Balta forward and back to the point that he's a quarter of the player he was last year.
3. The use of the sub in every game bar the last one. Which feeds into the way in which players have been developed this year (like McAuliffe and Smith, even Trezise).
4. Refusing to play Sonsie even for one game as a mid while playing Dow for a dozen.
5. Being unwilling or unable to trial something different with Short despite his woeful form this year. Even Hardwick tried him as a mid.
6. This one's harder to gauge, but the confusion I'm seeing is my biggest concern. Hesitation and trepidation even from our skilful players, suggests to me the the game plan is either yet to be embedded, or is very difficult (not instinctive) to enact. We are seeing a lot of long down the lines, a lot of difficulty in finding a team mate, and a lot of finger pointing in defence.

This is the concern, but also where I'm happy to be patient. Again, this is not trying to have a bob each way. The overall structure to me is a genuine concern. I am yet to see it work sustainably. But I am also understanding that if it is particularly difficult to enact, it will take some time to get right. The question for me is whether it's too difficult. We don't know.

As for things I've liked.

1. He was giving Ross a proper go as a Midfielder, who responded with solid contributions and improved form (who we have been unable to replace since his injury).
2. He threw Lefau straight into the action, who rewarded him.
3. I felt at the time he had a good offseason and said all the right things.
4. Moving Brown forward was making good use of a player's strengths and minimising weaknesses.

The reality is, we are having our worst season in 60 odd years. He's in charge. He's no apprentice. He has to own that, and improve. All we really know at this stage is that he has been unable to get an injury ravaged team on the downslide to compete.

Reactions: 8 users
2. Switching Balta forward and back to the point that he's a quarter of the player he was last year.
3. The use of the sub in every game bar the last one. Which feeds into the way in which players have been developed this year (like McAuliffe and Smith, even Trezise).
4. Refusing to play Sonsie even for one game as a mid while playing Dow for a dozen.
5. Being unwilling or unable to trial something different with Short despite his woeful form this year. Even Hardwick tried him as a mid.
6. This one's harder to gauge, but the confusion I'm seeing is my biggest concern. Hesitation and trepidation even from our skilful players, suggests to me the the game plan is either yet to be embedded, or is very difficult (not instinctive) to enact. We are seeing a lot of long down the lines, a lot of difficulty in finding a team mate, and a lot of finger pointing in defence.

This is the concern, but also where I'm happy to be patient. Again, this is not trying to have a bob each way. The overall structure to me is a genuine concern. I am yet to see it work sustainably. But I am also understanding that if it is particularly difficult to enact, it will take some time to get right. The question for me is whether it's too difficult. We don't know.

1. He was giving Ross a proper go as a Midfielder, who responded with solid contributions and improved form (who we have been unable to replace since his injury).
4. Moving Brown forward was making good use of a player's strengths and minimising weaknesses.

The reality is, we are having our worst season in 60 odd years. He's in charge. He's no apprentice. He has to own that, and improve. All we really know at this stage is that he has been unable to get an injury ravaged team on the downslide to compete.
The art of tanking.

If the players are confused that’s on the coaches. Remember what he said during preseason. The coaching group have failed dismally this year.

Good on you for having a solid crack here, but this is just window dressing.

Sonsie, for example. Looking at him this year, is it any wonder he hasn’t earned a spot in the middle? Soft as butter, slow, blows up, isn’t disciplined.

But my point is how can you possibly pin these things on Yze without knowing the story behind the scenes?

Yze should be judged. Oh boy, he should be judged.

But at the end of year 3, after he’s had some runway to work with. After he’s built and crafted a list with player attributes HE wants. After he’s had enough time to drill a system over multiple pre-seasons. After he’s had time to weed out jaded older players who can’t or won’t play his way.

Can you not see that this ongoing nitpicky criticism of Yze isn’t logical?

When I say Yze will be a fine coach that is also baseless guesswork.

We don’t know and won’t know until he’s been given a fair amount of time to set up.

I don’t know why you’re picking nits when it comes to Yze, a first year coach saddled with an objectively poor list. As a longtime club supporter and ostensibly rational supporter you should know better.

Reactions: 2 users
Good on you for having a solid crack here, but this is just window dressing.

Sonsie, for example. Looking at him this year, is it any wonder he hasn’t earned a spot in the middle? Soft as butter, slow, blows up, isn’t disciplined.

But my point is how can you possibly pin these things on Yze without knowing the story behind the scenes?

Yze should be judged. Oh boy, he should be judged.

But at the end of year 3, after he’s had some runway to work with. After he’s built and crafted a list with player attributes HE wants. After he’s had enough time to drill a system over multiple pre-seasons. After he’s had time to weed out jaded older players who can’t or won’t play his way.

Can you not see that this ongoing nitpicky criticism of Yze isn’t logical?

When I say Yze will be a fine coach that is also baseless guesswork.

We don’t know and won’t know until he’s been given a fair amount of time to set up.

I don’t know why you’re picking nits when it comes to Yze, a first year coach saddled with an objectively poor list. As a longtime club supporter and ostensibly rational supporter you should know better.
Okay,
Look, I sort of get where you're coming from, and if I was Yze's boss, colleague or had any influence at all, I'd agree.

But
A) I don't feel I've said anything vindictive or baseless, or personal.
B) I've never suggested he shouldn't be given another couple of years. At most, I've said the pressure will build on him with another season like this one. And, yeah.
C) I'm a mug punter commenting on what I'm seeing going to every game. This is literally an opinion based forum. It's as much constant ongoing nitpicky as any commentary, which we're all complicit in (I could bring up Bolton, or Ross, or even Hardwick prior to September 2017).
The coaching is part and parcel of our annus horribilis, even if he's not the annus.

We're all commenting without knowing the story behind the scenes.

That's what this is.

Okay,
Look, I sort of get where you're coming from, and if I was Yze's boss, colleague or had any influence at all, I'd agree.

But
A) I don't feel I've said anything vindictive or baseless, or personal.
B) I've never suggested he shouldn't be given another couple of years. At most, I've said the pressure will build on him with another season like this one. And, yeah.
C) I'm a mug punter commenting on what I'm seeing going to every game. This is literally an opinion based forum. It's as much constant ongoing nitpicky as any commentary, which we're all complicit in (I could bring up Bolton, or Ross, or even Hardwick prior to September 2017).
The coaching is part and parcel of our annus horribilis, even if he's not the annus.

We're all commenting without knowing the story behind the scenes.

That's what this is.
We are, and I did lose faith with Hardwick.

After I gave him seven years.

But I do take your point and it makes for an interesting discussion board.

Reactions: 1 users