Adem Yze | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Adem Yze

In 2019 we were BOG ordinary when we had injuries in the first third of the season ... does everyone forget? Was Hardwick a dud in first half 2019 and triple premiership coach in the last third of 2019?
Thats not quite true. We lost in rds 2 & 3 to good teams when we had a lot of injuries. Rd 4 we went to Port missing our 4 guns and won. We then won the next couple and got to rd 10 with a 7-3 record. Then we lost 3 in a row then didnt lose again.

But your point is right. Injuries will cruel any team. When teams are winning they can cover them because confidence is still up, but once a team starts losing it is almost impossible to turn it around without your best team on the oval.

Reactions: 5 users
I think it was inevitable Teague left. Not because I think he's poor, but he was Hardwick’s guy. I think our forward/offensive plan has lacked all year.
I think Teague has been hurt with a lack of consistency/continuity with players up forward.
Our forward structure though, has been poor, for a few years. We've had players kicking long to a contest along the line it feels like forever (it's probably not real, but it feels it). We need a change lest we embrace insanity fully.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I think it was inevitable Teague left. Not because I think he's poor, but he was Hardwick’s guy. I think our forward/offensive plan has lack all year.
I think Teague has been hurt with a lack of consistency/continuity with players up forward.
Our forward structure though, has been poor, for a few years. We've had players kicking long to a contest along the line it feels like forever (it's probably not real, but it feels it). We need a change lest we embrace insanity fully.

Yeah, just because someone leaves doesn't necessarily mean they were ****. Could be chemistry, different approaches or just that Yze has another guy in mind.

Reactions: 4 users
Yeah, just because someone leaves doesn't necessarily mean they were ****. Could be chemistry, different approaches or just that Yze has another guy in mind.
This.

The criticism of Teague is the same feral *smile* that gets directed at Yze.

Assistant coaches are even harder to gauge from the outside.

We can see players on the field, they are relatively easy to judge (even if certain roles can be opaque).

Head coaches ultimately carry the can for performance and we also get regular press conferences. A ton of pressure but they are paid accordingly.

The reality is we have no way of accurately assessing the impact of assistants.

The criticism of Teague based on his failure at Carlton is far too simplistic considering the vast gulf between various coaching roles. Not to mention the accumulation of experience, personal situations, etc.

We don’t know anything about Teague as assistant coach aside from the fact he is now gone. Good luck to him and I hope Yze continues to get the chance to build his own team.

The blind bias on these boards is getting ridiculous.

Reactions: 8 users
This.

The criticism of Teague is the same feral *smile* that gets directed at Yze.

Assistant coaches are even harder to gauge from the outside.

We can see players on the field, they are relatively easy to judge (even if certain roles can be opaque).

Head coaches ultimately carry the can for performance and we also get regular press conferences. A ton of pressure but they are paid accordingly.

The reality is we have no way of accurately assessing the impact of assistants.

The criticism of Teague based on his failure at Carlton is far too simplistic considering the vast gulf between various coaching roles. Not to mention the accumulation of experience, personal situations, etc.

We don’t know anything about Teague as assistant coach aside from the fact he is now gone. Good luck to him and I hope Yze continues to get the chance to build his own team.

The blind bias on these boards is getting ridiculous.
We're agreeing more and more these days Carter. Maybe bury Baron Samedi.
This alter ego seems a lot more logical! :-D

Reactions: 1 user
We're agreeing more and more these days Carter. Maybe bury Baron Samedi.
This alter ego seems a lot more logical! :-D
That literally depends on whether I’m on the phone or ipad

Maybe the Baron is more provocative due to the comforts of home

• Haha
That literally depends on whether I’m on the phone or ipad

Maybe the Baron is more provocative due to the comforts of home
Ahhh is that why you do it? As General said, just use 1 name because 2 names looks schizo-ish....:mhihi

Personally I have zero to say about Yze's coaching. Never agreed with him with about say Balta up forward, but he is a first year coach and those are his mistakes to make. However, I want him as far away from our trade and list management team as possible. Some very very hard calls will need to be made (or at least should be made) and he might be coming off a rookie season with only 2 wins.

He could well be in serious survival mode come the end of this season. Chances are he will want to hang onto anyone that might make his win graph look better next year, even if only marginally.

So yeah serious heat on Hartley and co, but minimal input from Yze.
Ridiculous comment. How can he not be part of recruitment as a coach. He needs to bring in his own personal along with players he wants. We a stuck to the previous regime that's the problem.

Teague leaving now smells off some disconnect there in the coaching box.

People here quick too point the finger on Yze , but let me say pressure, intensity and tackling is all on the players. I still maintain there is are core of our senior players bluggering and checked out letting us down.

Ridiculous comment. How can he not be part of recruitment as a coach. He needs to bring in his own personal along with players he wants. We a stuck to the previous regime that's the problem.
I think Yze needs to give tge recruiters a type, some rules to recruit to.

Eg: is elite in kicking and OK foot speed more important than OK kicking and elite foot speed?

Once he's given them the parameters and they agree on gaps on the list (eg Yze wants player X off half back, so therefore he needs another winger) he needs to sit back and let them do their work. Let the recruiters so their job. Trust they get it right, or find a recruiter that will.

They all have to support Yze's vision though, otherwise we'll get a team of sparkies when Yze wants a bunch of (back pocket) plumbers.

I think Yze needs to give tge recruiters a type, some rules to recruit to.

Eg: is elite in kicking and OK foot speed more important than OK kicking and elite foot speed?

Once he's given them the parameters and they agree on gaps on the list (eg Yze wants player X off half back, so therefore he needs another winger) he needs to sit back and let them do their work. Let the recruiters so their job. Trust they get it right, or find a recruiter that will.

They all have to support Yze's vision though, otherwise we'll get a team of sparkies when Yze wants a bunch of (back pocket) plumbers.
💯 my point.
By the way what's not negotiable for me is basic kicking skills need to be good we have ignored it to long it's the bread and butter of footy any level.

Some of the training drills are very handpass focused. But it's to width, players moving and is definitely not static. The gameplan training drill is definitely not static. Yesterday's static approach was almost the opposite of how we train to play. That was poor. We seemed really reactive at times.
To clarify partly what I meant - we are on the move yesterday, going forward - and there’s 3 or 4 guys standing still like it’s a stoppage and not a play in motion… it’s like we were attempting a training ground stoppage drill at the wrong place / wrong time … and it happened more than once

💯 my point.
By the way what's not negotiable for me is basic kicking skills need to be good we have ignored it to long it's the bread and butter of footy any level.
We haven't ignored kicking skills in the just few years- Brown, Banks, Sonsie, Clarke, Campbell, Green, Smith were all recruited as good kicks- tho it doesn't always translate under the pressure of AFL.

Reactions: 3 users
Teague leaving now smells off some disconnect there in the coaching box.

People here quick too point the finger on Yze , but let me say pressure, intensity and tackling is all on the players. I still maintain there is are core of our senior players bluggering and checked out letting us down.
Bakes is the obvious. IMO just going through the motions. Captaining yesterday but making basic errors.

Daniel Rioli is the only player who has played every game. Our injury list unprecedented. None more important than our 70 goal key forward.
Next season Yze comes under more scrutiny but even then this is a club in a rebuilding phase. It’s going to require patience.

Reactions: 14 users
Daniel Rioli is the only player who has played every game. Our injury list unprecedented. None more important than our 70 goal key forward.
Next season Yze comes under more scrutiny but even then this is a club in a rebuilding phase. It’s going to require patience.
Yeah the scrutiny will rise but that is only fair if the club recognises how bad the list is first.

And supports him accordingly with draft capital.

Reactions: 1 users
Nested in your weekly criticism of the head coach. You can’t have it both ways, own one or the other.
Nah, I don't truck with this with us or agin us mentality. There are always shades of grey. Saying Yze has time to prove himself, but has proven nothing yet is sensible, not having it both ways.

Reactions: 1 users