Adem Yze | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Adem Yze

Unwatchable at the moment. No discernible game plan, younger players playing for their futures, 50% defensive pressure level compared to almost all other AFL teams, zero forward line threat (journeyman forwards as opposed to offensive threats) & no dare to win. Injuries aside, it’s been an abysmal season.

It’s no good to bank hopes on most of the injured players anyway. Lynch has played a handful of games in two seasons and who knows if Gibcus will ever be ok. Only hope is to go to the draft and trust the recruiting. Can’t see Yze being the coach beyond his contract regardless.

Reactions: 1 users
I agree but I am not sure it was a drop off. We’ve seen it pretty much all season more often than not.
More a drop off from last week vs Port. I thought we'd turned a bit of a corner last week. Today seemed like half a step back again. Maybe that's actually being realistic. The old two steps forward and 1 step back.

Despite their fluency we actually held them below 100 points. We also didn't allow 5 or 6 goal swings. We got things back on track quicker. So some positives from today.

Reactions: 7 users
To me it looks like the first effort is good, it’s the 2nd and 3rd which fell away badly today. For me thats how professional footy players give up.
It’s bound to happen, they’re only human and going out knowing you are zero chance of winning must be terribly deflating

Reactions: 3 users
should be more heat and focus on Blair Hartleys role than Yze
Personally I have zero to say about Yze's coaching. Never agreed with him with about say Balta up forward, but he is a first year coach and those are his mistakes to make. However, I want him as far away from our trade and list management team as possible. Some very very hard calls will need to be made (or at least should be made) and he might be coming off a rookie season with only 2 wins.

He could well be in serious survival mode come the end of this season. Chances are he will want to hang onto anyone that might make his win graph look better next year, even if only marginally.

So yeah serious heat on Hartley and co, but minimal input from Yze.

Reactions: 3 users
Still not sure what the ideal/aiming for gameplan is. Would be nice to know they are practicing towards something, and it will improve and eventually click - but no idea what that is or what it looks like atm..

Club website should go back to putting out videos like in (distant) past where hardwick would talk through some clips of what worked / didnt work, and explain what they are trying to do, because atm fans don't have any idea of what it is, confidence in the coaches, or hope for future improvement.

I'm sure it (a plan) exists, but you have to take fans on the journey, then we can look for 'oh that random *smile* looking handball was actually supposed to go to a receiver from 45 degrees behind, but they didnt get to position', or, whatever. Or, justify evidence or thought process of corralling, coaching 1 hand marking attempts, kickouts 15m to pocket etc that on outside seem yuck

Is this another The Big Richo/Dustintime scenario?

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Troll Detector 2000 has been activated. I'm sure we'll watch this disciple with interest.

Let’s face it. The signs are worrying. At least Dimma had us playing a defensive game style from the beginning. You could see what he was trying to implement and we built on it. We were losing but we were competitive. I see sweet *smile* all at the moment. All I see is unorganised, disconnected *smile* footy barring maybe 1-2 games.

Chasing. Tackling. Pressure and running
All don't need skill
They are the starting blocks to becoming a good side.
We have only 2 players in the top 100 players in the competition for tackling Nakas & Baker.
We need a preseason of running.
Our players run 3 steps and then walk.
Hello Prestia

I don't think any supporters are responding negatively just to our win/loss.

I've been to pretty much every Melbourne game this year. After the Sydney win, we have not ever looked like winning.

We've sometimes managed to be within 4 our 5 goals going into the 4th. But never with any real sense of possibility.

When we do score, it's through individual brilliance. When we concede, it looks like complete breakdown.

What's concerning people is that it appears we are playing a high risk, low reward system. We need some indication that this will work with a rebuilt list. We are sitting through games bored because it never feels like we're really in the contest. We're fighting tooth and nail to get close, while the opposition whistle and skip away.

Statistically our worst season in 60 years?

Yeah that's going to cause some consternation regardless of context.

Reactions: 15 users
Yes we have many injuries but the forward line cannot manage 70 points plus. We are not likely to see Lynch or Dusty any time soon,if ever.There is too much inexperience/not good enough type of player in our forward line. I hear Taylor Walker is looking around.At least he can pack mark.The other to try is Sexton from the GC.Has been mismanaged over there.Can mark and kick goals. Both gets would not cost the club much.
You want us to recruit Tay Tay?????? FMD six months in the sin bin n on probation for all of next year. For shame, for shame, for shame on you.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user