Adem Yze | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Adem Yze

He has had a horrible run with injuries and our list is poor but we are a hard watch. The long bombing down the line to a contest just doesn't suit us. It's boring and easy to defend. He will need a rethink if he is to have a decent career as a coach.
We keep hearing he’s a genius but we keep seeing this rubbish every week. Plus the dinky little kick to the back pocket from a kick in.

Extremely unimaginative and boring.

Reactions: 2 users
:rotfl2:rotfl2How many other usernames do you have Twig?
Im honestly not Stig…. I followed Stig on on here because of his posts bagging the kool aid drinkers and giving it to trolls in this forum…. There’s plenty in this forum who just think the club will miraculously rise to the top of the table again with no recruiting, no list management and no coaching….

He has had a horrible run with injuries and our list is poor but we are a hard watch. The long bombing down the line to a contest just doesn't suit us. It's boring and easy to defend. He will need a rethink if he is to have a decent career as a coach.
Not 1 kid has stood out this year.
Where's the light at the end of the tunnel?
At least under frawley and Wallace there were kids coming through

Reactions: 1 users
The off field management need to be looked at harder
I think hubris crept in after 2020.
I know that BG is held in high regard and fair enough.
But for all the stability, growth, etc to be stone motherless last is a bad indictment.
The process in selecting the new coach was different apparently, one out of the box, not the normal process.
Sometimes people can outsmart themselves.
Time for the
blow torch GIF

Reactions: 5 users
Right now there are big question marks on Yze, but I'll ultimately judge him by what he does post season. This season has been a clusterf#$k for multiple reasons, but I want to see a clear direction going into the offseason. We are stuck in no mans land with both list management, and game plan.

Our remaining senior players are not good enough to lift us from this quagmire, so let's move some of them on for whatever they're worth and go hard at the draft (this year and next). We should be open minded to all trade possibilitie to regenerate through the draft.

I'm still not sure what style of game Yze wants to play, but whatever it is, it's fugly to watch. We need hard runners, players prepared to take the game on, and some genuine speed. Some tackling and pressure might also be nice.
Here is a start: Baker, Bolton, Graham, Short.
Some should go, some arn’t interested, all might give us some leverage.

Yes we have many injuries but the forward line cannot manage 70 points plus. We are not likely to see Lynch or Dusty any time soon,if ever.There is too much inexperience/not good enough type of player in our forward line. I hear Taylor Walker is looking around.At least he can pack mark.The other to try is Sexton from the GC.Has been mismanaged over there.Can mark and kick goals. Both gets would not cost the club much.

I (for one) still think that the club has a mid-term plan that accepts (long time ago) that the injury list absolutely cruelled us and we needed to start looking at 2025 and beyond....

It sucks losing - but ultimately I hope going into every game that the young players will continue to improve and that no more players are injured (long term).

Balta gave away as much in his pre match interview with Jack Riewaldt (Fox)

I think we'll try and win against North (and we may not)
I hope that Lynch, Gibcus (and Dusty) return with a solid pre season under belt and a renewed hunger
I hope that Bolton, Baker, Flossy, Broad, Prestia and several others enjoy a break and come back reinvigorated
I hope that the many young players that got 5-25 games under their belt play with more purpose and skill next year having learnt from 2024

The idea that Yze is responsible for this mess is a bit short sighted IMHO

The Coach can only do so much (with what he has) and right now he has nothing :(

PS - I'm not sure that Clarkson or Hardwick have set the world on fire at their new clubs......

Reactions: 20 users
Yze and his men have made us very uncompetitive very quickly.

yes.

yze has taken a great list and run it into the ground. this is exactly what has happened and is not blinkered, mindless nonsense at all.

• Haha
and round and round we go. this thread will be boring circle work until the season is blessedly done.

plain as day the club (and Yze) are playing a longer game. what we need more than anything else right now is draft picks.

the most pressure right now is on Blair Hartley. he has the trade options to amass an incredible load of draft capital.

Reactions: 3 users
3-4 years on the bottom. Bottom 4 at least. Then fingers crossed the climb begins. That is all.

We keep hearing he’s a genius but we keep seeing this rubbish every week. Plus the dinky little kick to the back pocket from a kick in.

Extremely unimaginative and boring.

what do you want though?

6-7 wins?

it means nothing mate. the list is horrible and needs fixing with high end talent.

Reactions: 4 users
Hate to tell ya - some may already know - but it's gonna get a lot worse before it gets better.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
why are there so many supporters responding so simplistically to these mounting losses?

it's like the art of critical thinking is dead.

• Haha
yes.

yze has taken a great list and run it into the ground. this is exactly what has happened and is not blinkered, mindless nonsense at all.
We have a pedestrian like midfield and no key forwards.

The list is in a mess.

But yep Yze has run the club into the ground. Mind boggling.