Adem Yze | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Adem Yze

again - what do we want here? to beat collingwood through grit and determination and cobble together maybe 1-2 wins to close the season out?

it means *smile* all.

in the big picture it is really dumb.

Reactions: 4 users
What was a little disappointing to me today was that we had some success last week taking on the corridor and we stuffed it up early and stopped this week.
I reckon Yze would be disappointed with that.
He did move the magnets around a bit. Put Campbell on Daicos for while, brown forward, McIntosh forward.
It was a nearly game. We nearly didn’t get the ball touched, we nearly took a few spekkies and they held theirs.
Not sure what the coach was saying to the players but I feel like we lost our dare today.

Reactions: 2 users
Hate to tell ya - some may already know - but it's gonna get a lot worse before it gets better.

things will get a lot worse. even if we make out like bandits from the draft this list will take a while to come together.

people thinking the likes of Lynch, Gibcus, Lefau and co. will save us are in for some disappointment.

What was a little disappointing to me today was that we had some success last week taking on the corridor and we stuffed it up early and stopped this week.
He did move the magnets around a bit. Put Campbell on Daicos for while, brown forward, McIntosh forward.
It was a nearly game. We nearly didn’t get the ball touched, we nearly took a few spekkies and they held theirs.
Not sure what the coach was saying to the players but I feel like we lost our dare today.

there is zero confidence or conviction out there.

riewoldt said it himself in commentary - the players are bereft of conviction. this is of course because the players know the next man in the chain - whether it be mansell, prestia or whoever - will probably lose the contest. worst-team-in-the-cop-itis.

What to me was noticeable was the hesitancy. The number of times we either all sat back to be the outlet or all went in and "spoiled" each other was an issue. They held their width way better and trusted a teammate to win and thus ran off the front. Too often we weren't sure that we would win the contest and then our handballs went in circles and they upped the pressure and another stoppage. There seemed to be a real drop off in cohesion.

It's like Yze has top 8 side lool were a bottom 4 club and get ready for more pain. If our football department and board don't get there act together this off-season it will get worse. I have said it a number of times look above Yze also football department and the board they need accountability and previous regime. Alot of problems have been there before Yze arrived people got blinkers on. For me the club has left him to the wolves at times lack of support. We haven't had a first round pick for 2 seasons lool our first pick was pick in the forties last year. Add to that we got a senior core checked out bluggering out there. Our rejuvenation should have started 3 years ago.

Reactions: 3 users
there is zero confidence or conviction out there.

riewoldt said it himself in commentary - the players are bereft of conviction. this is of course because the players know the next man in the chain - whether it be mansell, prestia or whoever - will probably lose the contest. worst-team-in-the-cop-itis.
And because these players have hardly had the chance to work together there’s very little connection. It’s like some people think we can just go back to the plug and play we had between 2017 - 2020’with a lot of new players and a handful of aging, injury prone veterans. It took Hardwick and Co 8 - 9 years to put that system in place, yet Yze’s meant to do it in less than a season with the remnants of Hardwick’s coaching staff and list. It’s gonna be a long hard road back, and there are going to be some really nasty losses on the way and plenty of casualties.

Reactions: 8 users
What to me was noticeable was the hesitancy. The number of times we either all sat back to be the outlet or all went in and "spoiled" each other was an issue. They held their width way better and trusted a teammate to win and thus ran off the front. Too often we weren't sure that we would win the contest and then our handballs went in circles and they upped the pressure and another stoppage. There seemed to be a real drop off in cohesion.
I'll say it how it is our senior core not all but alot is letting us down big time checked out alot of them , lack of intensity or pressure and leaving it to the kids.

Reactions: 1 users
It'll be interesting to see which (post-Dimma) player steps up to be the next captain.

I agree but I am not sure it was a drop off. We’ve seen it pretty much all season more often than not.

It's like Yze has top 8 side lool were a bottom 4 club and get ready for more pain. If our football department and board don't get there act together this off-season it will get worse. I have said it a number of times look above Yze also football department and the board they need accountability and previous regime. Alot of problems have been there before Yze arrived people got blinkers on. For me the club has left him to the wolves at times lack of support. We haven't had a first round pick for 2 seasons lool our first pick was pick in the forties last year. Add to that we got a senior core checked out bluggering out there. Our rejuvenation should have started 3 years ago.
Off field need to be held answerable.
That’s 3veryone.
Enough of platitudes that cart has bolted.