Adem Yze | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Adem Yze

Good post. I am really hoping we don’t just bring picks 1 and 21 into the draft. Bravery is required.

For several reasons it would set us back and make Yze’s job harder.
I'm inclined to agree, Carts. But what you and I don't know, and what Matthew Clarke wouldn't know is the quality of this year's draft crop. Whether we trade into this one or maybe next one. That said I'm hoping we can add another pick in the teens this year just for Toce to have a shy at the stumps. He's can ping em.

The big change for Richmond's future is the removal of the Great Eye of the Potato Matthew Clarke. Toce's record at StKilda says that he's a lot better. If we bring in Trent Cotchin and Jack Riewoldt this year with #1 and #21 a lot of the work is done. We will still need a Dustin Martin and they don't go at #15.

There is almost certainly no Dustin Martin in this draft.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Good post. I am really hoping we don’t just bring picks 1 and 21 into the draft. Bravery is required.

For several reasons it would set us back and make Yze’s job harder.
No way we only end up with just picks 1 & 21.

We loaded up last year to hit the draft hard.

Blair would be wining and dining the GC, Brisbane and Carlton recruitment teams.

Reactions: 2 users
Apologies for bringing this thread back on topic but I really believe this off season will define Yze as a coach. He's had a year to assess where we're at, due to an unprecedented injury list he's had a chance to pretty much see every player at senior level and now we're heading into an off season and by all reports a super draft with plenty of opportunities.

I believe that he could go one of two ways here, stick with the status quo and hope that the improvement will come from within and better luck with injuries which would probably have us following the St Kilda model. The alternative is to make some tough decisions, unclog the list, trade aggressively and go into the draft with multiple first round picks. This may result in more pain for the next year or so but also gives us a chance to stock up on high end talent before the compromised drafts kick in. This off season could potentially set us up for the next decade and the next tilt at a flag.
I agree with the need to be bold.

If we are the well-run club that people insist that we are, then the club will be giving Yze reassurances about his tenure while he executes such a plan.

If they aren’t willing to guarantee his job security over the period of a rebuild, that will only encourage Ooze to make safe, short-term decisions that might keep him in a job, but which aren’t best for the club as a whole.

I don’t see how Ooze couldn’t be disappointed with the efforts/performance of a lot of his senior players this year. I’m hoping we see a few moved on.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm inclined to agree, Carts. But what you and I don't know, and what Matthew Clarke wouldn't know is the quality of this year's draft crop. Whether we trade into this one or maybe next one. That said I'm hoping we can add another pick in the teens this year just for Toce to have a shy at the stumps. He's can ping em.

The big change for Richmond's future is the removal of the Great Eye of the Potato Matthew Clarke. Toce's record at StKilda says that he's a lot better. If we bring in Trent Cotchin and Jack Riewoldt this year with #1 and #21 a lot of the work is done. We will still need a Dustin Martin and they don't go at #15.

There is almost certainly no Dustin Martin in this draft.
The Great Eye of the Potato Matthew Clarke :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 1 user
Can we do something, anything, other than a dinky 11 metre kick in to the pocket after a behind. Show some dash, creativity and dare FFS.

Reactions: 3 users
Every man and his dog can see Balta up fwd doesnt work. The only bloke that can’t see it is Yze and the MC.
Rather Bauer be given a chance up fwd than play Balta play there.

Reactions: 1 users
Every man and his dog can see Balta up fwd doesnt work. The only bloke that can’t see it is Yze and the MC.
Except for those on here who were blaming yze for not playing him forward and keeping blight in the team.

Reactions: 3 users

It's better than a Ryan/Koschitze combo. If we had the next Jack Riewoldt on our list Balta would be playing permanently back.

When is the last time we won only 2 games in a season?
Even in the dim dark days of the late 80s and early 90s, and the Frawley and Wallace years, we won more than 2 games in a season.

1960? I believe we are heading for our worst season ever, statistically anyway.

Reactions: 2 users