Adem Yze | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Adem Yze

Been away on holidays for e few weeks n missed some footy, so today I did something that I normally wouldn't ever consider doing. I watched the recording of our Port game, even though I already knew that we'd got smacked. Well I might be fudging just a tiny bit n only watched the first 3 qtrs. Pointless watching the last as i already knew the result n there was no way I was going to inflict that last qtr on myself. Maybe old farts not quite as Maso as he used to be :))

First 3 qtrs was actually a fairly decent game of footy, players obviously worked hard n were competitive. But they also linked up fairly well, there was some overlap run, they took on and exploited the corridor, they counter attacked and defended reasonably well too. Been a rare sight to see the team well and truly still in the contest and making the opposition genuinely earn their keep for so long in the game. Plus there were some good signs from plenty of the young blokes that only have a handful of AFL games under the belt.

Injury run has been horrific this year and team cohesion with a different game plan has been pretty much non existent for most of this year. But just quietly, the footy world as we know it isn't quite going to explode. One era is obviously finished and we were able to pretty much max it with 3 flags in 4 years, there's still some mature core talent, plus a bunch of good young potential just starting to show out with the added bonus of a fat draft hand in what appears an excellent draft crop. Things will def be a tad flakey over the next season or two but with a hint of a decent run from the injury gods we can be back annoying *smile* out of the comp fairly soon.

Reactions: 19 users
Yze gets the players to turn up, by and large. When we have a few who can walk. He's surprised me a bit. Our best ball movement has been alarmingly good. If rare.

Is he a genius? I wouldn't have thought so. Is he a dud? We don't know yet.

"Adem is one of the few people in football you'd involve in your life outside of football." Former co-worker of Adem Yze. I mean "One source said."

But can he coach? Nobody knows yet. Gawd, Dribbling Don and Poor Ken looked okay for more than a year.

Reactions: 7 users
Lol that people think we are suddenly a poorly-run club.

Bad clubs take a long time to turn around.

Good clubs take a long time to fall.

Make no mistake we would still be one of the best-run clubs in the league. So much learned from 2016 through to 2024. Do ya really think none of this IP is documented for ongoing implementation?

Yze may not have the generational players Hardwick had when he started, but what he DOES have is a thoroughly professional employer.

The club will help him turn things around and provide all the support he needs, whether that be a fitness and conditioning review or a fresh injection of talent from this year’s draft.

The club is operating as usual. That is, at a very high level. Anyone who thinks otherwise is simply reacting emotionally to our inevitable list degradation post-dynasty.

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 29 users
Been away on holidays for e few weeks n missed some footy, so today I did something that I normally wouldn't ever consider doing. I watched the recording of our Port game, even though I already knew that we'd got smacked. Well I might be fudging just a tiny bit n only watched the first 3 qtrs. Pointless watching the last as i already knew the result n there was no way I was going to inflict that last qtr on myself. Maybe old farts not quite as Maso as he used to be :))

First 3 qtrs was actually a fairly decent game of footy, players obviously worked hard n were competitive. But they also linked up fairly well, there was some overlap run, they took on and exploited the corridor, they counter attacked and defended reasonably well too. Been a rare sight to see the team well and truly still in the contest and making the opposition genuinely earn their keep for so long in the game. Plus there were some good signs from plenty of the young blokes that only have a handful of AFL games under the belt.

Injury run has been horrific this year and team cohesion with a different game plan has been pretty much non existent for most of this year. But just quietly, the footy world as we know it isn't quite going to explode. One era is obviously finished and we were able to pretty much max it with 3 flags in 4 years, there's still some mature core talent, plus a bunch of good young potential just starting to show out with the added bonus of a fat draft hand in what appears an excellent draft crop. Things will def be a tad flakey over the next season or two but with a hint of a decent run from the injury gods we can be back annoying *smile* out of the comp fairly soon.

Well said Maso, agree 💯

For some reason I’m more confident than ever that we will be a good team once again. I wavered slightly a couple of times with Yze, but not anymore, I like him, a lot. He will take us back to the promised land. I believe

Reactions: 6 users
this is the year yze sits back works who he wants goes get people he wants in the football department

Reactions: 3 users
For some reason I’m more confident than ever that we will be a good team once again. I wavered slightly a couple of times with Yze, but not anymore, I like him, a lot. He will take us back to the promised land. I believe
This is what I like hearing. Backing the coach and club!!
Please let me know what you’ve been drinking, I need some of it.

This is what I like hearing. Backing the coach and club!!
Please let me know what you’ve been drinking, I need some of it.
Bath water, supposedly works miracles.

Actually couldn't give a stuff who's coaching at the moment, it's next door to irrelevant with the injury issues we've had this year.
Recovery summer for the minor injuries plus hopefully some players coming back from major long term injuries should give a much better indication of the game plans and structures that Ouzo is trying to implement next year and then we can properly decide whether we like what he's trying to coach or not.

Reactions: 1 users
Personally never tried it, Mervyn, but blended malt and grain whisky can't possibly be good. Surely?
Aged for 3 years in Indian oak. What's not to like???

Bit of a side story. Many years ago when I was a youngster, there was a mob down Geelong way made Corio 5 star whiskey. Pretty much a cheap n nasty rough brew that was manageable as a mixer. Mob went broke and then many years later a few barrels of their brew was discovered in the cellars, possibly at a stage when redevelopment of the site or similar was happening or final assets were being dispersed. Turned out that after some proper maturation time the brew had actually matured into very decent quality n someone supposedly did very nicely out of a trip down nostalgia lane with the leftovers.

Reactions: 2 users
Aged for 3 years in Indian oak. What's not to like???

Bit of a side story. Many years ago when I was a youngster, there was a mob down Geelong way made Corio 5 star whiskey. Pretty much a cheap n nasty rough brew that was manageable as a mixer. Mob went broke and then many years later a few barrels of their brew was discovered in the cellars, possibly at a stage when redevelopment of the site or similar was happening or final assets were being dispersed. Turned out that after some proper maturation time the brew had actually matured into very decent quality n someone supposedly did very nicely out of a trip down nostalgia lane with the leftovers.

I saw a mob selling some of that at a market on the Bellarine. I can't imagine how Corio could ever be drinkable.

JimJessTorp, you need to try more things. Yep, single malts are great. But so is Irish whiskey and US whiskey (even if neither can spell!). There are lots of interesting whiskies out there and a blend between a Scotch Malt and an Indian Grain whisky, sounds interesting. Like most things, what matters is how well made something is.

To get somewhere near back on topic - I'm sure Adem could do with some good whisky given our predicament this year, hopefully he has some on hand.

DS

Reactions: 1 users
I saw a mob selling some of that at a market on the Bellarine. I can't imagine how Corio could ever be drinkable.
Apparently when they first started out they made a reasonable drop, but later there was some changes to tariffs or some such to the costs of imported whiskies n Corio lowered their standards somewhat n turned more to rushed bulk manufacture. Wound up a fairly cheap n nasty brew, but apparently an extra 20 years or so in the casks did wonders for the product.

Apologies for bringing this thread back on topic but I really believe this off season will define Yze as a coach. He's had a year to assess where we're at, due to an unprecedented injury list he's had a chance to pretty much see every player at senior level and now we're heading into an off season and by all reports a super draft with plenty of opportunities.

I believe that he could go one of two ways here, stick with the status quo and hope that the improvement will come from within and better luck with injuries which would probably have us following the St Kilda model. The alternative is to make some tough decisions, unclog the list, trade aggressively and go into the draft with multiple first round picks. This may result in more pain for the next year or so but also gives us a chance to stock up on high end talent before the compromised drafts kick in. This off season could potentially set us up for the next decade and the next tilt at a flag.

Apologies for bringing this thread back on topic but I really believe this off season will define Yze as a coach. He's had a year to assess where we're at, due to an unprecedented injury list he's had a chance to pretty much see every player at senior level and now we're heading into an off season and by all reports a super draft with plenty of opportunities.

I believe that he could go one of two ways here, stick with the status quo and hope that the improvement will come from within and better luck with injuries which would probably have us following the St Kilda model. The alternative is to make some tough decisions, unclog the list, trade aggressively and go into the draft with multiple first round picks. This may result in more pain for the next year or so but also gives us a chance to stock up on high end talent before the compromised drafts kick in. This off season could potentially set us up for the next decade and the next tilt at a flag.
Good post. I am really hoping we don’t just bring picks 1 and 21 into the draft. Bravery is required.

For several reasons it would set us back and make Yze’s job harder.

Last edited:
Lol that people think we are suddenly a poorly-run club.

Bad clubs take a long time to turn around.

Good clubs take a long time to fall.

Make no mistake we would still be one of the best-run clubs in the league. So much learned from 2016 through to 2024. Do ya really think none of this IP is documented for ongoing implementation?

Yze may not have the generational players Hardwick had when he started, but what he DOES have is a thoroughly professional employer.

The club will help him turn things around and provide all the support he needs, whether that be a fitness and conditioning review or a fresh injection of talent from this year’s draft.

The club is operating as usual. That is, at a very high level. Anyone who thinks otherwise is simply reacting emotionally to our inevitable list degradation post-dynasty.
Terrific post, Carts.

Reactions: 1 user