Adem Yze | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Adem Yze

its actually staggering some posters have been soo critical of Yze, considering the number challenges he's faced

- Unprecedented injury list, to core players
- Having to implement a new skill based game plan, with an under skilled list
- Some unmotivated and disenchanted senior premiership players just coasting along
- Some senior players looking for opportunities elsewhere
- The goat looking like he'd rather be anywhere else, rather than on a footy team thats losing every week
- CEO jumping ship
- Terrible head of fitness guy
- Taking over from triple premiership coach, who the players loved
- 3 most experienced and talented mids missing for most of the year
- non existent forward line
- forced to play kids that are unfortunately not up to AFL standard

Its been an horrific year for him, feel for the bloke.

Hope he can get a good run at it next year to prove himself

Reactions: 14 users
its actually staggering some posters have been soo critical of Yze, considering the number challenges he's faced

- Unprecedented injury list, to core players
- Having to implement a new skill based game plan, with an under skilled list
- Some unmotivated and disenchanted senior premiership players just coasting along
- Some senior players looking for opportunities elsewhere
- The goat looking like he'd rather be anywhere else, rather than on a footy team thats losing every week
- CEO jumping ship
- Terrible head of fitness guy
- Taking over from triple premiership coach, who the players loved
- 3 most experienced and talented mids missing for most of the year
- non existent forward line
- forced to play kids that are unfortunately not up to AFL standard

Its been an horrific year for him, feel for the bloke.

Hope he can get a good run at it next year to prove himself
an annus horribilis indeed

Disagree on your last point about kids not being up to it, the thing with kids is that they are often inconsistent, hence they need to be played to learn and adapt whilst also assessing. Sure some wont make it, think quite a few will.

Do we have another young Dusty, Cotch, Rance or Jack?. Nope, but lets hope this draft and perhaps next year depending on injuries/form we sort that through good drafting and trading.

Im not a stats guy but after this draft depending on retirements/delistings i would suspect we will be one of the younger sides in comp, i personally like coaches of young players on bench being supportive through instruction. (Remember Dimma doing this at stages and other very snr coaches).

As others have said, way to early to judge Adem, i think more attention needs to be directed at both fitness and development ASAP.

Reactions: 5 users
Yze on track for the worst season for the RFC in about 50 years. Going to take a miracle for him to see the other side of this rebuild.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Can someone name a worst season then this?
I read somewhere that if we go 2-21 it will be our worst win-loss season in history. Also think I read that we haven't won 2 games or less in a season since 1960? Unsure if these statistics are accurate.

Regardless even in the dim dark years of the late 80s and early 90s we still won more than 2 games in a season. At least we are not a rabble off the field like we were back then.

Reactions: 2 users
As someone once said; Things are never as bad as they seem and equally things are never as good as they seem.

Adem's got time. As ive said in other posts i havent watched alot this year due to work and travel, but given our retirements and injuries as well as putting games into kids the results are not unexpected, especially with the availability of many many of our best players. Lets hope we nail the draft!.

Reactions: 3 users
With the good senior players we have, this season should have been more competitive. Week to week we aren't even getting close. Even North Melbourne over the last few years had weeks where they gave sides a scare. We have half the scoring shots if we are lucky.

The positives are that some of the kids look to have a future. Ralphsmith, McAuliffe, Campbell, MRJ, Brown.

None seem top shelf though.

Reactions: 1 users
Can someone name a worst season then this?
1987 was pretty bad- i remember going to watch us play the bears very late in the season on a wet friday night with about 50 other people in a battle for the wooden spoon. We got flogged by a hopeless team.
2004 was pretty bleak. and any year Wallace coached us- but especially 2007 and 2009.

I reckon we are lot better placed right now than we were in any of those other years. On and off the field.

If we are legitimately tanking I’ll cut him some slack. If we’ve been trying to win games I’m very concerned.

Reactions: 1 user
Yze on track for the worst season for the RFC in about 50 years. Going to take a miracle for him to see the other side of this rebuild.
All roads lead to the last few rounds. I think yze would love to take the team into the pre-season off a positive result - and that means knocking off Gold Coast in round 24 and putting them out of the 8...!
I can see Lynchy back kicking 4 and MRJ back and Taranto and Hopper 1st and second best

In most of our matches we have been competitive well into the 3rd quarters

Crazy
We were the blueprint of how to run a sucessful club.
now we are a basketcase.

• Angry
Reactions: 3 users
Richmond have lost four straight games by margins of 48, 61, 51 and 24 points. The Tigers average losing margin this year has been 43.5 points, and since Round 5 their average losing margin has been 52 points. Does not include game against port which was lose of 41pt