Adem Yze | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Adem Yze

Agree with this. It’s a tough gig but he’s getting a bit wrong and his use of the sub has been abysmal at times.

Not sure how demanding and uncompromising he is. Certainly doesn’t show in public.

He’s got time but he wouldn’t want to have us 2-16 this time next year. Things will get interesting if that happens.
Nah another year of this is expected.

Reactions: 1 user
This is the discussion around our coach I object to.

Our injury list will place us around the bottom. Coach and players should be doing their best to win. Yze is a rookie coach who should also be practising how to pull the reigns to turn a game.

Our players should have plan A drilled in to them, and get experience with flicking to plan B or C.

Being able to switch around is part of the learning. And if it doesn't come off because we're learning and inexperienced, it's still a positive error.

If it does come off, the benefits of how to play it, and a come from behind win in hostile territory are innumerable.

I think of a win in the rain against Port in Hardwick's first year, with Jack kicking 4, that galvanised the side.

Much bigger than a 4th quarter of sticking to structure.
Nah

Learn the structures, get the draft picks

Enough with the “we need hope” romanticism

Reactions: 4 users
Fantastic for 3 quarters our kids were and a couple of senior players. Understandably kids play in patches and quarters, but gez what about our senior group the brain fades and passengers.

Kane Cornes.lol
He quoted "the worst team in the competition" again. So stupid he's shown his hate for us especially now that Dimma's gone. This moron's a clown to laugh at especially with Port fans going against him too.

Reactions: 1 users
Wow so the ‘cheerleader’ jibe wasn’t even super coache’s own shallow analysis, it was Cornehole’s.

He must of got pumped up whilst listening to him crapping on Ooze and then posted it in here as his own hard nosed ‘truth’.

And has Corhole been crying about McCrae coaching at ground level during the last month when they have been losing?

No.

Last edited:
Wow so the ‘cheerleader’ jibe wasn’t even super coaches own shallow analysis, it was Cornehole’s.

He must of got pumped up whilst listening to him crapping on Ooze and then posted it in here as his own hard nosed ‘truth’.

And has Corhole been crying about McCrae coaching at ground level during the last month when they have been losing?

No.
That's right. Sam Mitchell (his loverboy) does it too, but this 5 year old prick can't see that Mitchell's in his 4th year and Ooze is in his 1st year trying to find the best way to take the club forward (i.e. trial and error).

Reactions: 2 users
We looked okay in parts of the game. But if Port were kicking straight we would have still lost by 10+ goals.

In the presser about Duz: "don't really care what other people say, he needed time away"

Media morons keep questioning us as if they owe Dusty shares or something.

Hopefully those on here just watched Kane Cornes on Channel 9
Bang !
Karen Cornes and Channel 9 …..lol :ROFLMAO:

Yze spoke after the game about the balance he has to find to keep the players up and enthusiastic when we are losing and so many young players playing and so many injured.

Karen the genius and some of his genius admirers don’t actually have to do it, they only comment.

A key part of our success when we were flying was having fun playing footy and I suspect that’s what he is trying to instil.

Tough job I reckon but a bloody easy one from this side of a laptop or a mobile phone.

Reactions: 11 users
This criticism about coaching animatedly from the bench gets thrown up every couple of years, and is always nonsense.

It's only ever an issue when the team is losing. We've all seen images of coaches celebrating on the bench during winning finals, never an issue there.

It's also immaterial to the fortunes of the team, and generally accepted as helpful for younger teams.

Hardwick did the same thing in the early years.

It's a non issue. But one of the problems with becoming a basket case is these questions start to come.

Reactions: 5 users
And the Hawks finished 16th last year.

They have levelled up and are really starting to gel. They clearly have confidence in what to expect from teammates (which as you stated takes time) and are now starting to play as a well drilled unit.

I wonder what some of the coaching geniuses on here would have been saying about Hawthorn last year when plays were breaking down due to a lack of cohesion? (which would have probably been assessed as a horrible game plan).

Or what would have been said when their defence was caught out due to not folding back quick enough? (probably would have been described as lazy or gutless defending)

The notion that Ooze should have been able to achieve the same level of cohesion with the current list balance and injury list is laughable.

But when anyone points out any facts about the situation that the team is in or any reasons as to why certain things are occurring (or not occurring in a game) this is sidestepped entirely and the discussion quickly changes to something else, like pointing at the final score, or inside 50’s or whatever.

As if game statistics that aren’t in your favour are some kind of undeniable proof of the coach not being good enough or the team not trying hard enough.

Yes there are things that are going wrong, but they are symptoms of a variety of things that include game experience, fatigue (for players not seasoned), not enough playing time with one another and structural deficiencies due to the lack of certain types of players. (I.e: a genuine *smile* key forward)

Anyone that was watching the game tonight would have seen patches of great play that the team was unable to sustain for 4 Qtrs. (Unless they were only looking for things to criticise, and then present as proof that Ooze can’t coach)

Some of the comments on here are nothing more than shallow analysis wrapped up in misplaced pravado with the stench of winni blues pouring out of the mouth of the loud guy at the pub who doesn’t realise he’s told everyone the same story four times already and that no one is interested.
Great post. Sums up this thread to a tee.

It’s like arguing with a 13 year old!

Reactions: 8 users