Adem Yze | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Adem Yze

This criticism about coaching animatedly from the bench gets thrown up every couple of years, and is always nonsense.

It's only ever an issue when the team is losing. We've all seen images of coaches celebrating on the bench during winning finals, never an issue there.

It's also immaterial to the fortunes of the team, and generally accepted as helpful for younger teams.

Hardwick did the same thing in the early years.

It's a non issue. But one of the problems with becoming a basket case is these questions start to come.
I don’t know. I would far rather our coach sitting in the box putting holes in the wall with his fist like Clarko or smashing a phone like Ross or throwing his arms out about umpiring decisions like the Salty and his brother.

What’s he doing on the bench wasting time doing things like encouraging young players?

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users
Folks are panicking
Folks have strange expectations. He keeps us competitive every week and has fringe players like mansell, pencil head (miller) and Hugo improving every week with 12 on injury list post premiership era. I’m grateful we have him.

Reactions: 10 users
Folks have strange expectations. He keeps us competitive every week and has fringe players like mansell, pencil head (miller) and Hugo improving every week with 12 on injury list post premiership era. I’m grateful we have him.
I’m far from sold but happy to give him time to prove he has what it takes. But to say he keeps us competitive every week is a stretch; we have a percentage of 63. That said injuries are part of that.

Jury is out and will be for another 12 months at least.

Reactions: 1 users
I’m far from sold but happy to give him time to prove he has what it takes. But to say he keeps us competitive every week is a stretch; we have a percentage of 63. That said injuries are part of that.

He HAS kept us competitive most weeks. No qualifiers, no buts.

He’s done as well as can be expected whilst also getting a year’s worth of invaluable experience.

I really dunno what people want.

If there’s no improvement in a couple of years then yes, he should come under pressure.

Until then, I am baffled as to why this thread even exists.

Reactions: 18 users
Because we won three in four, then our Sheedy-like doyen of coaching left just as our list fell apart.
Folks are spoiled by success recently, and anyone who takes us away from the promise land must be hung, drawn and quartered.
Also refer to RFC history, 1984-2009. Apparently it's what we do and we don't want to learn from the past, so "sack the coach", in Henry VIII style.
Sigh. Sarcasm off.

Reactions: 4 users
This thread has gone so far off track that we even have some posters agreeing with Karen Cornes.

The one that I find the strangest is that we have posters bemoaning the state of the list and the size of our injury list and then get on a gameday thread and post borderline abusive stuff about players because we don't win. I was looking at the gameday thread on Saturday night and at 3 quarter time we were close to a Port Adelaide side in finals contention playing at home with our poor list and 17 players unavailable due to injury yet reading the thread it was almost all negative. If you read the thread and didn't know the scores you would think we were 12 goals down!

Go figure.

I actually thought Yze coached really well on Saturday night and the gameplan certainly caused issues for Port. The drop off at the end was disappointing and he acknowledged that.

Reactions: 16 users
This thread has gone so far off track that we even have some posters agreeing with Karen Cornes.

The one that I find the strangest is that we have posters bemoaning the state of the list and the size of our injury list and then get on a gameday thread and post borderline abusive stuff about players because we don't win. I was looking at the gameday thread on Saturday night and at 3 quarter time we were close to a Port Adelaide side in finals contention playing at home with our poor list and 17 players unavailable due to injury yet reading the thread it was almost all negative. If you read the thread and didn't know the scores you would think we were 12 goals down!

Go figure.

I actually thought Yze coached really well on Saturday night and the gameplan certainly caused issues for Port. The drop off at the end was disappointing and he acknowledged that.
Let's not forget the main shitter showing up every time we lose.

Reactions: 3 users

Yes it was a little stretch I think but I am commenting on his capacity to make everyone turn up (except for a couple of games) and at least start competitively and with belief. Sure we fade out and get belted for a quarter = young list, heaps of injuries, no stars. Adam Simpson would have us getting belted 3/4 quarters every week. He also showed some great signs early on if I remember correctly.i like how he’s all about honesty too. I think the players like him. Loved his blunt response to the dusty talk in the presser.

Reactions: 2 users
Yes it was a little stretch I think but I am commenting on his capacity to make everyone turn up (except for a couple of games) and at least start competitively and with belief. Sure we fade out and get belted for a quarter = young list, heaps of injuries, no stars. Adam Simpson would have us getting belted 3/4 quarters every week. He also showed some great signs early on if I remember correctly.i like how he’s all about honesty too. I think the players like him. Loved his blunt response to the dusty talk in the presser.
As for Duz, just hilarious hearing Tom Morris and Cornhead on SEN say he doesn't get on with Ooze. Scavengers desperately craving for food.

He HAS kept us competitive most weeks. No qualifiers, no buts.

He’s done as well as can be expected whilst also getting a year’s worth of invaluable experience.

I really dunno what people want.

If there’s no improvement in a couple of years then yes, he should come under pressure.

It is interesting isn't it

After the huge injury toll early in the year the Club pivoted and now chasing the # 1 draft pick. = we don't want to win. Not tagging Houston should be a clue

Wouldn't matter who was coaching

I'm still on board. Would never judge a bloke's ability to coach on his external actions on the bench, particularly with this young group. If you're winning it's fine yeah. Think Bomber Thompson munching on his salad rolls kicking back I the box, smiling and watching his Swiss watch cats purr along

Reactions: 3 users
Yze needs 3 years , Dimma left with a disaster behind him .
Draft picks are critical for next 3 years , we have some really good lids let them shine .

Reactions: 5 users
Ooze handed the Fickle Hand of Fate with our injury & ageing list this season so he cannot be judged on his ability to coach successfully at AFL level. All going well this time next year would be a good time to assess him.

Yze needs 3 years , Dimma left with a disaster behind him .
Draft picks are critical for next 3 years , we have some really good lids let them shine .
Precisely.

Club will back Yze in for the long game and some on here ain’t gonna like it.

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
I'm still on board. Would never judge a bloke's ability to coach on his external actions on the bench, particularly with this young group. If you're winning it's fine yeah. Think Bomber Thompson munching on his salad rolls kicking back I the box, smiling and watching his Swiss watch cats purr along
Thanks Merve for bringing back the original thread