Adem Yze | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Adem Yze

Or the players can't fully execute it and the "play it safe option" is down the line and set up again. Six goals through the centre corridor/surge is what the commentaters said late in the 3rd. Need to go back and check but it's pretty much what I can recall.
Correct. It’s a confidence issue play the good teams don’t give you the corridor. At our absolute peak we used to open teams up. But that’s with players with experience and confidence to take the game on.

We have kids. The natural confidence isn’t there and don’t always have the confidence to pull the trigger.

Reactions: 2 users
At this point, I’d take any other coach that wants to be creative & create a style of play that takes the game on, keeps the ball in motion and moves it forward with speed.

We move the ball slowly and basically go long to contests, get picked off and torn apart on rebound. There is zero sophistication with how we play.

Coupled with that, our defensive mindset is non-existent - our pressure levels are appalling. The last 2 years have been a train wreck and it’s gotten worse - Yze isn’t the answer. Won’t see out his contract.

So the six goals we kicked by surging and overlap running didn't occur.

Ohh and our pressure rating was above Port's in the first half and dropped off. That's what happens with young sides.

There were some glimpses tonight, like there have been the past couple of weeks. Add Tim and Nank plays the last quarter the scores may well have been closer. That's without all the other first choice players we have missing.

Reactions: 6 users
Firstly if you watched tonight our plan was to move the ball with speed through the corridor. That’s how we scored most of our goals tonight. The issue is we can’t sustain that.
Secondly our pressure rating was higher than Ports for most of the night.
Snap.

Reactions: 1 user
It’s a forum isn’t it
It’s not a love in of your opinion
So i have a different opinion of yours
Big deal , get over it
I will back my opinion by stating a fact
In 11 games we have kicked 10 goals or less ( 5 games at 6 goals or less )
He can’t coach
Refuses to move magnets only once there is an injury
Tell me you didn't watch the game, without telling me you didn't watch the game.

My point is, if watching the Tigers is so unendurable, and watching the Hawks is. Go watch them and go to Hawk talk or whatever the hell it's called.

You're not a tiger, you're a troll.

Reactions: 5 users
Watching the game I just can’t see the team putting a wining a score on the board.
Correct
We can’t score
That’s the lack of a game plan
You can lose games but we clearly haven’t got the game style and pattern of play to out score our opponent
We fail dismally to hold the ball inside F50
Without looking it up, I suggest intercept marks in our F50 against us would be a league high

Correct
We can’t score
That’s the lack of a game plan
You can lose games but we clearly haven’t got the game style and pattern of play to out score our opponent
We fail dismally to hold the ball inside F50
Without looking it up, I suggest intercept marks in our F50 against us would be a league high
You keep crapping on as if Yze's been coach for 3 years. It's all a matter of trial and error and takes time.

So the six goals we kicked by surging and overlap running didn't occur.

Ohh and our pressure rating was above Port's in the first half and dropped off. That's what happens with young sides.

There were some glimpses tonight, like there have been the past couple of weeks. Add Tim and Nank plays the last quarter the scores may well have been closer. That's without all the other first choice players we have missing.
No point posting facts HK.

Some people think Yze has Riewoldt Cotchin Martin and Rance at his disposal.

Reactions: 5 users
Could Sam Mitchell not coach two years ago when Hawthorn couldnt get on the board? Looks like he can now when they are winning. It is gonna take time for kids to get up to scratch and players to gel and understand each other, let alone the game plan. We are winning a lot of key metrics and showing good signs. I am optimistic. A lot of people still have their winning goggles on and dont realise taking a few steps back to go forward is natural.

Reactions: 10 users
Makes very few moves in game. Very conservative.

The sub is an afterthought.

Selection has been baffling at times. Blight not in, Balta forward seems a given right now.

Handling of Martin situation.

Public messaging has been Captain Fluffy.

I’m not at alarm bells but my eye brows are raised.

Reactions: 8 users
This isn’t what normally happens with a club in transition. When was the last time a side won a flag and then won the spoon 4 seasons later posting its worst season in history? This is history in the making.

Going to take many drafts to fix this mess of a list.
It's a fair fall from grace to be sure

West Coast came pretty close 2 years ago except for lol norf "beating" them on percentage for 2018-2022

Plenty of teams that have finished season 1st or 2nd and been spooners a few years later - you can see how this could happen with a number of senior players all falling off a cliff together and maybe some other form / injury type issues to younger players.

Reactions: 1 users
Firstly if you watched tonight our plan was to move the ball with speed through the corridor. That’s how we scored most of our goals tonight. The issue is we can’t sustain that.
Secondly our pressure rating was higher than Ports for most of the night.
You don’t want to be bringing out facts and logic after a loss smoking. It’s a waste of effort as the darksiders are having a great time and loving it.
I thought Yze tried a lot tonight and we did attempt to move the ball at speed and sometimes very effectively.
We just need to keep on going back to the well but the lack of effective key forwards stood out like dog’s testicles.
I suspect we will get better over the coming weeks and may well surprise someone on the run home.

Reactions: 12 users
The perfect coach to lead us to more spoons and early draft picks until the next guy steps in and hopefully takes us somewhere.

• Love
Makes very few moves in game. Very conservative.

The sub is an afterthought.

Selection has been baffling at times. Blight not in, Balta forward seems a given right now.

Handling of Martin situation.

Public messaging has been Captain Fluffy.

I’m not at alarm bells but my eye brows are raised.
Agree with this. It’s a tough gig but he’s getting a bit wrong and his use of the sub has been abysmal at times.

Not sure how demanding and uncompromising he is. Certainly doesn’t show in public.

He’s got time but he wouldn’t want to have us 2-16 this time next year. Things will get interesting if that happens.

Reactions: 1 users
Agree with this. It’s a tough gig but he’s getting a bit wrong and his use of the sub has been abysmal at times.

Not sure how demanding and uncompromising he is. Certainly doesn’t show in public.

He’s got time but he wouldn’t want to have us 2-16 this time next year. Things will get interesting if that happens.

Shouldn’t survive if that happens. Newman will probably end up coaching by then.

Could Sam Mitchell not coach two years ago when Hawthorn couldnt get on the board? Looks like he can now when they are winning. It is gonna take time for kids to get up to scratch and players to gel and understand each other, let alone the game plan. We are winning a lot of key metrics and showing good signs. I am optimistic. A lot of people still have their winning goggles on and dont realise taking a few steps back to go forward is natural.
And the Hawks finished 16th last year.

They have levelled up and are really starting to gel. They clearly have confidence in what to expect from teammates (which as you stated takes time) and are now starting to play as a well drilled unit.

I wonder what some of the coaching geniuses on here would have been saying about Hawthorn last year when plays were breaking down due to a lack of cohesion? (which would have probably been assessed as a horrible game plan).

Or what would have been said when their defence was caught out due to not folding back quick enough? (probably would have been described as lazy or gutless defending)

The notion that Ooze should have been able to achieve the same level of cohesion with the current list balance and injury list is laughable.

But when anyone points out any facts about the situation that the team is in or any reasons as to why certain things are occurring (or not occurring in a game) this is sidestepped entirely and the discussion quickly changes to something else, like pointing at the final score, or inside 50’s or whatever.

As if game statistics that aren’t in your favour are some kind of undeniable proof of the coach not being good enough or the team not trying hard enough.

Yes there are things that are going wrong, but they are symptoms of a variety of things that include game experience, fatigue (for players not seasoned), not enough playing time with one another and structural deficiencies due to the lack of certain types of players. (I.e: a genuine *smile* key forward)

Anyone that was watching the game tonight would have seen patches of great play that the team was unable to sustain for 4 Qtrs. (Unless they were only looking for things to criticise, and then present as proof that Ooze can’t coach)

Some of the comments on here are nothing more than shallow analysis wrapped up in misplaced pravado with the stench of winni blues pouring out of the mouth of the loud guy at the pub who doesn’t realise he’s told everyone the same story four times already and that no one is interested.

• Love
Reactions: 26 users