Adem Yze | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Adem Yze

As an aside Dimma was appointed a month or so after Benny was appointed president. He hadn’t been at the club a year.
To be at the Cousin's interview alongside Wallace, then he must have been employed in some senior capacity by the club, or he was lying.

Can tell you this
Many were pissed off with walls being painted out
FACT !!
Irrelevant of what dribble the club want to tell you !!
'Pissed off' sounds like hyperbole for effect.
It was Jack Riewoldt that first suggested it in his book anyway.
There's still plenty of recognition of that era up on the walls at punt road. Just not in the GM room where team meetings are held.
The young players that weren't part of that era won't be pissed off which was it's purpose. I doubt many who were aren't even giving it a second thought after several months.

There's far bigger issues than that at hand.

Reactions: 6 users
i have views with many others. lol

Just because a poster quotes someone it doesn't mean others cannot speak. Is there a law against it? If so please show me?lol
I have no idea what you are talking about. I expressed an opinion that if views are not balanced they don’t have validity. It was referring to Stig who is a long time constant bagger and never says anything positive.

You can express a view as much as you like as I can and we can both make up our minds about how valid we think those views are.

I have no idea why you think that comment means you can’t speak.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
I have no idea what you are talking about. I expressed an opinion that if views are not balanced they don’t have validity. It was referring to Stig who is a long time constant bagger and never says anything positive.

You can express a view as much as you like as I can and we can both make up our minds about how valid we think those views are.

I have no idea why you think that comment means you can’t speak.
I was called out by a poster for quoting you because you had quoted Stig. There is no rule against posters entering a discussion otherwise the whole freedom of speech notion gets thrown out of the window with little conversation. I think you've missed how the conversation started with tigertime12 and got lost along the way. All good

Sadly Yze could be erecting Wooden Spoon portraits at the end of the year. I never liked it for all the reasons mentioned, but mostly because he was setting himself up for discussions like these if he failed. And here we are.

I was called out by a poster for quoting you because you had quoted Stig. There is no rule against posters entering a discussion otherwise the whole freedom of speech notion gets thrown out of the window with little conversation. I think you've missed how the conversation started with tigertime12 and got lost along the way. All good
ok ... thanks

I think this thread needs some perspective:

Said Hanrahan

“We’ll all be rooned,” said Hanrahan,
In accents most forlorn,
Outside the church, ere Mass began,
One frosty Sunday morn.

The congregation stood about,
Coat-collars to the ears,
And talked of stock, and crops, and drought,
As it had done for years.

“It’s looking crook,” said Daniel Croke;
“Bedad, it’s cruke, me lad,
For never since the banks went broke
Has seasons been so bad.”

“It’s dry, all right,” said young O’Neil,
With which astute remark
He squatted down upon his heel
And chewed a piece of bark.

And so around the chorus ran
“It’s keepin’ dry, no doubt.”
“Before the year is out.”

“The crops are done; ye’ll have your work
To save one bag of grain;
From here way out to Back-o’-Bourke
They’re singin’ out for rain.
“They’re singin’ out for rain,” he said,
“And all the tanks are dry.”
The congregation scratched its head,
And gazed around the sky.

“There won’t be grass, in any case,
Enough to feed an ass;
There’s not a blade on Casey’s place
As I came down to Mass.”

“If rain don’t come this month,” said Dan,
And cleared his throat to speak —
“If rain don’t come this week.”

A heavy silence seemed to steal
On all at this remark;
And each man squatted on his heel,
And chewed a piece of bark.

“We want an inch of rain, we do,”
O’Neil observed at last;
But Croke “maintained” we wanted two
To put the danger past.

“If we don’t get three inches, man,
Or four to break this drought,
We’ll all be rooned,” said Hanrahan,

In God’s good time down came the rain;
And all the afternoon
On iron roof and window-pane
It drummed a homely tune.

And through the night it pattered still,
And lightsome, gladsome elves
On dripping spout and window-sill
Kept talking to themselves.

It pelted, pelted all day long,
A-singing at its work,
Till every heart took up the song
Way out to Back-o’-Bourke.

And every creek a banker ran,
And dams filled overtop;
“If this rain doesn’t stop.”

And stop it did, in God’s good time;
And spring came in to fold
A mantle o’er the hills sublime
Of green and pink and gold.

And days went by on dancing feet,
With harvest-hopes immense,
And laughing eyes beheld the wheat
Nid-nodding o’er the fence.

And, oh, the smiles on every face,
As happy lad and lass
Through grass knee-deep on Casey’s place
Went riding down to Mass.

While round the church in clothes genteel
Discoursed the men of mark,
And each man squatted on his heel,
And chewed his piece of bark.

“There’ll be bush-fires for sure, me man,
There will, without a doubt;
We’ll all be rooned,” said Hanrahan,

John O'Brien

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Sadly Yze could be erecting Wooden Spoon portraits at the end of the year. I never liked it for all the reasons mentioned, but mostly because he was setting himself up for discussions like these if he failed. And here we are.
As if Yze would even care about discussions on PRE about relocating the photographs.
For what it's worth, I believe it was the right decision.
Might actually be a good motivator for the players next year to have some wooden spoon portraits to remind them of how shitty that experience is.

Reactions: 2 users
As if Yze would even care about discussions on PRE about relocating the photographs.
For what it's worth, I believe it was the right decision.
Might actually be a good motivator for the players next year to have some wooden spoon portraits to remind them of how shitty that experience is.
Didn't say he would care. I stated these negative discussions were always going to bite him on the butt by people using it as ammunition. lol your last sentence. I think most of the senior group look only interested in their salaries atm and some on retirement or leaving to a new club.

Can Yze coach?

It’s fine to ask the question, but at this point - no one can provide an educated answer.

Its far too early and there is a decade’s worth of previous regime baggage to clear.

I am holding off my opinion until he is working with a system and a squad that is more to his choosing rather than what he’s inherited. Let’s see how ruthless he and the club are about instilling that over the off season.
1/ He told everyone that we would play exciting football pre season . Round 0 against the GC was 3 months of planning down the drain
2 / Facts are he started with 13 premiership players Dual and Triple . Players have gone backwards and that’s a fact . Why ? Maybe some are peeved that they have a coach on L Plates and don’t like being told by a newbie . Maybe the club made the wrong appointment like Knights being appointed replacing Sheedy at Essendon
3 . The “ Gimmick “ of having Camel statues at Punt Rd was the most ridiculous situation of any elite sporting organisation in Australia
4. The exiting of many well qualified people leaving Punt Rd is a huge concern . Outstanding people such as Emma Murray , Fly ,Leppa , Caracella , Kingsley have all left for a reason . Unfortunately Gale has checked out several months ago . No excuses now ! . Something is very very wrong at punt Rd
The financial situation is a huge concern with supporters not supporting the club with recent buy a brick campaign
To appoint YZE was a huge risk on face value has backfired big time as nobody at Punt Rd thought before round 1 we were a bottom 4 team
FACT
YZE told those close “ we would “ play finals
You can blame injuries all you want
But reality is the game plan (if there is one ) is ordinary
As kicking down the line to a contest is suburban footy stuff
5 / players who want to leave
There wasn’t any pre season
4 months later you will find there are at least 4 who want out
They ain’t happy and if your aren’t happy with your place of employment you look at leaving
Obviously YZE is very aware of this as continues at every opportunity by saying he wants players to come to work and by happy
Reality is several aren’t as the place of employment isn’t as good as it was 3-6 years ago
Management of people is a fine art . We may not have the right manager in this instance
Nothing against the bloke personally
But don’t give management positions on the hope they can manage , as many cannot

Are you serious as he said THEY in last sentence and I want to play kids also. Just because a poster quotes someone it doesn't mean others cannot speak. Nonsense again

Who are "you blokes" ? :ROFLMAO:

One thing we can't say about you is that you change the narrative. It is constant bagging of players, individuals, the club, the coach and anyone else you can find to criticise. It's not just this year, it's been going on for quite a while.

When views are not balanced they have zero credibility
At no time have I said you cannot speak, cannot have an opinion or view.
Feel free to keep posting whatever you want.

• Wow
Correct. In 2010 Dimma inherited a list some said was worse the Fitzroy. In terms of senior experienced players Yze has much more to work with than Dimma ever had in his first year. But Dimma made us competitive right away and had certain expectations and non negotiables. He implemented a strong defensive game plan straight away and managed 6 wins with a percentage of 73%. 2 wins and the spoon is a disastrous start to Yzes coaching career as it's an indicator of the standards he's set right away.
Load of crap more talent Yze has , where are you seeing the Cotchin, Riewoldt or Edwards . How many of the current experience players are playing to their potential lucky 2 or 3 . The rest have been rubbish or a cooked. We haven't had a first round pick for 2 years lool. I'm not going to mention the injuries this season either.

Easy to point the finger on Yze , but whats going on above him in the footy department and hierarchy. No accountability for them I suppose. There last 2 years has been garbage.

Reactions: 1 users
100% this is an issue.You don't go dis respecting any of our past success's let alone when you still have some still playing.
Its not disrespecting. Taking down monuments to former glories is new coach move 101. If some aren't happy with it, and I doubt any are, thats their problem.

Reactions: 1 users
never underestimate the effect of Cotchin and Jack R leaving, both hugely influential and motivational at the club
add the massive injury list, Benny Gale leaving, Peggy gone, Hardwick gone, the Punt Rd development stalling...

so...
Struggling and he knows it.

I like Yze, but tend to agree with this a bit Zippo ..

for all of the above reasons, but that also the club is struggling being in transition.
it's maybe too much all at once, and is that poor management .. ?