Adem Yze | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Adem Yze

Redevelopment is behind schedule, that is true. But there are shortages of labour and materials. Would you prefer we started now and paid double to get it started, or wait until the building industry calms down a bit and we can get going?

DS

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Redevelopment is behind schedule, that is true. But there are shortages of labour and materials. Would you prefer we started now and paid double to get it started, or wait until the building industry calms down a bit and we can get going?

DS
Mate all I ask is some transparency to members and supporters not to be left in the dark and then all of sudden they need supporters help don't you think that is fair ?. Hasn't been handled right that's a common view to.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Yze just said that he looks forward to when lynch and Prestia returns.
Prestia and Grimes would be 1st to retire.
And he said that game is slightly off, with both Pinoccio and Robbo Silent.
The constant questions about if Dusty is staying or going must he a major issue.
He even said he would like the NRL style when players announce there decision mid year.
Like we don't know Baker is going
In context, what he said was the club wasn't going to delist all its old players and go full youth. He said they'd have a blend of experience and kids (so that is not all left for the kids to carry). He then said he can't wait for Lynch and Prestia to come back to take some pressure off the younger players.

Reactions: 2 users
You might need to look past old AD as an example of a stellar professional executive.

After (allegedly) warning Essington about the imminent enquiry into their peptide program he went onto being on the advisory board of a private training college that received a 4.5M fine, and was described as an “unscrupulous fly-by-night operation” in federal court.

AD paid a $36,000 fine to stave off creditors.

This resume highlight saw him become a director on the board of Crown resorts, where he was accused of being dishonest and providing inaccurate evidence at an enquiry into money laundering practises.

Benny is a fantastic leader and would probably be heading up the AFL if he was part of the boys club.

And he is leaving, as people don’t hang around forever.

Do you feel that the RFC are incapable of finding another strong, capable passionate leader? And if so, why?

Why do you feel the club is not successfully run?

Senior executives leaving whilst the club is having a difficult year on the field is challenging but not in itself evidence of a poorly run club.

Everything isn’t always in a state of flux.

Large, complex commercial construction projects are difficult estimate at the best of times, let alone in todays design and build environment where material and labour costs are shifting daily.

But please, don’t let that stop you from having another go at the club.

I mean, what could the reasons be, other than everyone that isn’t leaving has no idea?

Where do you think the current list should be on the ladder?

Mid table? Top eight?
We were promised everlasting or sustained success. Do you think that’s true? Why are we at the bottom of the tree again? Why did Hardwick leave? Why is our list rubbish as you’re implying ? Are you happy with all of this? Excuses cover negatives and condones incompetence . I’m glad you’re happy and this trust the club to get things right is a cop out bc we are trusting people to get things right for the club. A 40 mil blow out on a project and you’re making more excuses . We don’t have the quality people running the club anymore and that’s why we are where we are.
The excuses are over now and why we are back to 2010 level and why Yze has a tougher gig than Hardwick did. This was the meat of my point.

Last edited:

DS
It’s behind development because they don’t have the money. They’re begging members to buy digital bricks. 😂

I reckon there is a level of blame on recruiting. While we all know it can be a bit of a crap shoot (Gibcus has to be one of the best examples - he looks to be a really good player but has been very unlucky with injuries) there have been issues. I remember a few times when players were selected in the draft and we all groaned as they picked yet another half back flanker. I still have a trouble picking the recruitment strategy given the imminent retirement of certain players was clear and that their positions needed to be recruited for. That said, we were successful so difficult with lower picks.

As for the criticism of the redevelopment of Punt Rd, I don't know what planet some people have been living on, but where I live construction costs have been going through the roof with a shortage of materials and labour. If the price of the redevelopment wasn't blowing out I would be suspicious that they were cutting corners and we would get a second rate job. In any case, if we're going to go into debt then the time to do that is when inflation is high.

Benny has been a great CEO, but he can't stay at Richmond forever. Same applies to Peggy. We all get stale in our jobs and need new challenges. Not saying either of them had gone stale but turnover in these positions after a long period is generally healthy.

We have a list which is not suited to the way the game is being played and we have young players who are questionable in terms of whether they will be able to raise their performances to a level where we can contend. Some players have raised their level. Miller is a great example, he looks like a very good defender now. Ralphsmith needs some improvements but he has stepped up. MRj looked to have improved this year, we will have to see but if he can step up he could be great. Ryan is a work in progress but not looking like he will realise the potential, we can only hope, at least he is likely quite cheap.

Yze was never going to really stamp his authority this year. Not only is he learning, no doubt at a great rate, but he came in with a pile of assistants already in place and with a list he had no say over. You do wonder if Yze's first chance to influence recruiting was the mid season draft, if so, good signs. Any new coach takes time to assert their influence. We should have seen more of a game plan on show but I reckon a combination of injuries (leading to a lack of cohesion) and a list which he had no say in has sabotaged any chance he had of trying to get a system in place. From the training reports we can clearly see there is more emphasis on skills and that is a deficiency we must address so I would think he is well aware of where the problems lie.

We will take a while to get back to being competitive and part of the strategy should be to back in our people, including the coach.

DS
They’re all excuses and unacceptable as the foundations were supposed to be laid for transition to newer replacements in off field staff . People are seemingly sneaking out by the fire exit door and nobody decent coming in through the front door. Doesn’t appear to be smooth transitions at all or a happy environment. Meehan still there tells us that the lunatics are left running the asylum. There is no accountability from the top anymore and if the club did a review now they would all be exposed. This is why they’re not doing one and they’re sneaking off to greener pastures as they know the place is crumbling and needs to built from the bottom again .

Last edited:
Well the AFLPA was and still could be a strong background for a CEO as Benny came from it and AD went onto bigger things lol
Who cares Benny had great leadership in the AFLPA and love for the Tigers. ATM we’re immobile or stagnant and we aren’t a successful run club as the people who made us successful have left. We are on the bottom of the ladder and concerns are there. Stop hiding behind rose coloured glasses and smell the roses. Also we have a development that’s escalated from 60 mil to 100 mil and is that a successfully run club.? Stop deluding yourself in the past and step into reality.
We’ve had the worst injury list for two years bc of Meehan being kept on. Hardwick left us because he knew we were chicken *smile*.
Balme is now a vegetable.
The lunatics are running the asylum and haven’t you noticed?
Come on, have a lie down and calm down.

Good people run good organisations and when they leave those organisations remain strong because of the foundations left behind. That’s the legacy of Peggy and Benny.

The redevelopment was discussed as infinitum earlier on this forum. The cost escalation is a fair bit due to a car park being expanded which in my experience with large developments is always a good investment, especially given the location. There has been a massive increase in building costs which unless you have been living under a rock you may have noticed effected large scale projects across the country, and the world. That’s why the reset. These issues are being dealt with by organisations everywhere, including RFC, but it’s not going to live or die on brick sales.

The fact remains that in 2010 we were rock bottom, broke and with a new CEO. We hadn’t been well run.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Development was supposed to be started already correct , we we're told numerous times dates it will start . Now they need the extra couple of millions to make it happen. Going to your supporters is bit rich don't you think when there was little transparency during the process.

Your talking nearly all first round picks there highly rated kids Dimma had to start with. We haven't had a first round pick for 2 years.
DRioli, Baker, Bolton, Short, Vlastuin, Nankervis, Balta, Taranto, Hopper are all premiership players or well established AFL players and all in their 20s. We had nothing like that in 2010.
We had some good kids but we had no idea how good they may be, just as our picks this year we won't know about either.
Rance and Edwards in particular were bagged on here early in their careers. Astbury was a mid 30s pick, constantly injured, as was Grimes a PSD pick. We had Newy, Lids, Jacko, Tucky and not a lot else in the established player list. We knew we wouldn't get high draft picks for 2 years because of the suns and the giants.
We had a few shining lights as kids , we were broke, compromised drafts, new CEO and new Coach. Gary March was president, not Peggy.
The only point I am making is don't look at 2010 through a 2024 lens. It turned out great but it can turn out great again and we are far better run now than we were then.
The redevelopment comments are all over this site elsewhere. What we have is a general cost blowout in construction everywhere and taking the time to make sure it is affordable in that context is good management imo not a failure.

Reactions: 6 users
Cut out the facts please.
Leave the kid on and have a good look at him in another role
If we had any chance of winning 😂😂
You blokes all post “ play the kids “ and give them game time
Perfect opportunity to play him forward for 15 mins and see what you have
But just change the narrative to suit yourself
Have a spell !!

You might need to look past old AD as an example of a stellar professional executive.

After (allegedly) warning Essington about the imminent enquiry into their peptide program he went onto being on the advisory board of a private training college that received a 4.5M fine, and was described as an “unscrupulous fly-by-night operation” in federal court.

AD paid a $36,000 fine to stave off creditors.

This resume highlight saw him become a director on the board of Crown resorts, where he was accused of being dishonest and providing inaccurate evidence at an enquiry into money laundering practises.

Benny is a fantastic leader and would probably be heading up the AFL if he was part of the boys club.

And he is leaving, as people don’t hang around forever.

Do you feel that the RFC are incapable of finding another strong, capable passionate leader? And if so, why?

Why do you feel the club is not successfully run?

Senior executives leaving whilst the club is having a difficult year on the field is challenging but not in itself evidence of a poorly run club.

Everything isn’t always in a state of flux.

Large, complex commercial construction projects are difficult estimate at the best of times, let alone in todays design and build environment where material and labour costs are shifting daily.

But please, don’t let that stop you from having another go at the club.

I mean, what could the reasons be, other than everyone that isn’t leaving has no idea?

Where do you think the current list should be on the ladder?

Mid table? Top eight?
Should be 9th to 14th on talent
Instead we are last
You know my thoughts

We were promised everlasting or sustained success. Do you think that’s true? Why are we at the bottom of the tree again? Why did Hardwick leave? Why is our list rubbish as you’re implying ? Are you happy with all of this? Excuses cover negatives and condones incompetence . I’m glad you’re happy and this trust the club to get things right is a cop out bc we are trusting people to get things right for the club. A 40 mil blow out on a project and you’re making more excuses . We don’t have the quality people running the club anymore and that’s why we are where we are.
The excuses are over now and why we are back to 2010 level and why Yze has a tougher gig than Hardwick did. This was the meat of my point.
Promised everlasting and sustained success?

Your perception on the state of the club and it’s management is not objective reality regardless of how many times you reframe the same points and continue to misconstrue rational and often factual objections and arguments as excuses.

All of your suppositions and questions have been answered several times by different posters.

Back to 2010? Good one.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
DRioli, Baker, Bolton, Short, Vlastuin, Nankervis, Balta, Taranto, Hopper are all premiership players or well established AFL players and all in their 20s. We had nothing like that in 2010.
We had some good kids but we had no idea how good they may be, just as our picks this year we won't know about either.
Rance and Edwards in particular were bagged on here early in their careers. Astbury was a mid 30s pick, constantly injured, as was Grimes a PSD pick. We had Newy, Lids, Jacko, Tucky and not a lot else in the established player list. We knew we wouldn't get high draft picks for 2 years because of the suns and the giants.
We had a few shining lights as kids , we were broke, compromised drafts, new CEO and new Coach. Gary March was president, not Peggy.
The only point I am making is don't look at 2010 through a 2024 lens. It turned out great but it can turn out great again and we are far better run now than we were then.
The redevelopment comments are all over this site elsewhere. What we have is a general cost blowout in construction everywhere and taking the time to make sure it is affordable in that context is good management imo not a failure.
A lot of it is true, Sin, but look at the quality of those youngsters. When Hardwick took over he had nos 1 (Lids), 2 (Cotchin), 3 (Dusty) and 4 (Tambling), at his disposal. Rance and Jack were also top 20 picks, as was Vickery. In future years he was able to add guys like Vlastuin and Ellis (both first round picks) and trade in people Grigg (also a first round pick).
Yze might be able to do that, it remains to be seen, but he’s going to have to hit the draft hard, and be shrewd with his picks.
This is pedantic, I know, but it’s just bugged me to see it. When Hardwick arrived as the coach, late 2009, Benny had been CEO for a year. He and Terry Wallace interviewed Cuz together when they decided to give him a shot.

The only point I am making is don't look at 2010 through a 2024 lens.
Correct. In 2010 Dimma inherited a list some said was worse the Fitzroy. In terms of senior experienced players Yze has much more to work with than Dimma ever had in his first year. But Dimma made us competitive right away and had certain expectations and non negotiables. He implemented a strong defensive game plan straight away and managed 6 wins with a percentage of 73%. 2 wins and the spoon is a disastrous start to Yzes coaching career as it's an indicator of the standards he's set right away.

• Love
Can Yze coach?

It’s fine to ask the question, but at this point - no one can provide an educated answer.

Its far too early and there is a decade’s worth of previous regime baggage to clear.

I am holding off my opinion until he is working with a system and a squad that is more to his choosing rather than what he’s inherited. Let’s see how ruthless he and the club are about instilling that over the off season.

Correct. In 2010 Dimma inherited a list some said was worse the Fitzroy. In terms of senior experienced players Yze has much more to work with than Dimma ever had in his first year. But Dimma made us competitive right away and had certain expectations and non negotiables. He implemented a strong defensive game plan straight away and managed 6 wins with a percentage of 73%. 2 wins and the spoon is a disastrous start to Yzes coaching career as it's an indicator of the standards he's set right away.
Agree but I am giving Yze a leave pass right now because of the injury list which is the worst I have ever seen at Richmond.

Implementing anything consistently has been impossible.

Reactions: 8 users
A lot of it is true, Sin, but look at the quality of those youngsters. When Hardwick took over he had nos 1 (Lids), 2 (Cotchin), 3 (Dusty) and 4 (Tambling), at his disposal. Rance and Jack were also top 20 picks, as was Vickery. In future years he was able to add guys like Vlastuin and Ellis (both first round picks) and trade in people Grigg (also a first round pick).
Yze might be able to do that, it remains to be seen, but he’s going to have to hit the draft hard, and be shrewd with his picks.
This is pedantic, I know, but it’s just bugged me to see it. When Hardwick arrived as the coach, late 2009, Benny had been CEO for a year. He and Terry Wallace interviewed Cuz together when they decided to give him a shot.
As an aside Dimma was appointed a month or so after Benny was appointed president. He hadn’t been at the club a year.

He's copping a bit of flak.
However one thing I'm really impressed by is his calm demeanor in the face of extreme heat from all sides.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users
In terms of senior players?

Here's another angle:

In terms of the young gun players, which lets face it, is the main thing for new coach starting from scratch to carve a new era:

Dusty, Cotch, Jack, Rance, Edwards.

V

Gibcus

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Come on, have a lie down and calm down.

Good people run good organisations and when they leave those organisations remain strong because of the foundations left behind. That’s the legacy of Peggy and Benny.

The redevelopment was discussed as infinitum earlier on this forum. The cost escalation is a fair bit due to a car park being expanded which in my experience with large developments is always a good investment, especially given the location. There has been a massive increase in building costs which unless you have been living under a rock you may have noticed effected large scale projects across the country, and the world. That’s why the reset. These issues are being dealt with by organisations everywhere, including RFC, but it’s not going to live or die on brick sales.

The fact remains that in 2010 we were rock bottom, broke and with a new CEO. We hadn’t been well run.
Why do I need to lie down ? Just as good people run good clubs , they can also run them down as empires often fail due to complacency it still doesn’t answer why we are run down in practically every area from the CEO down to the boot studder. lol 😂 The redevelopment is a joke and the car park is only around an extra 20 million approximately, but half had already been budgeted originally. So we are still 30 million out.
I’m not buying your excuses as they’re just ridiculous and covering up incompetence and I can give you a list of everything that has been neglected since the hub. If you can’t see them then you’re living with the Easter Bunny.

Last edited:
  • Haha