Adem Yze | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Adem Yze

Suggest you look at the ladder
Look at the players who have clearly dropped off performance wise
Either players who aren’t happy move on or move the “ untried “ coach on
Seriously this is elite football
Laughable having statues at Camels at training
Club is on the bottom for a reason
We have talent
We don’t have the right strategy or management
And don’t get me started about soft tissue injuries
WE LACK ELITE TALENT AS A RESULT OF BEEN OUT OF THE TOP END OF THE DRAFT FOR A LONG LONG TIME!!! Nail this draft and it will turn.

Reactions: 3 users
The footy dept and the club overall seem to have dropped the ball. While basking in the glory during the premierships seems none of the leaders looked beyond the premiership party. In the meantime however they've all looked to jump a sinking ship.

Reactions: 6 users
Will the club embrace the rebuild? Externally Yze still thinks he has a list to contend. That cannot be the mindset. Look at eagles. Never cut hard and didn’t attack the draft to hard. I’d much rather be Hawks or North - since clarkson took over.
Lol, Blair will know exactly where we are at. We have had an absolute shocker of a year, but we’ve been totally destroyed by injuries TO OUR BEST PLAYERS. All this gloom and doom is amazing, some people just want top 4 every year, without acknowledging how difficult that is to achieve.
We’ve got a potentially great draft hand to really fire the rebuild. I just hope we select mids with our first 3-4 picks (as that’s our glaring weakness to me), after managing to trade up using clubs wanting points for academy and FS selections.

Reactions: 4 users
If a coach like Chris Scott had taken the Tigers over, in the same circumstances, there is no way they'd have driven the club to the bottom of the ladder with a damp squib.

It might have only been low to mid table, but not where we are.

When the club is low on good players, you put them all where the ball is. For us now that is back line and midfield. Zero point putting Bolton or Martin or Balta forward. You are making things worse, robbing a weak team of more talent. The ball isn't going forward. Deal with it. Make sure it has a better chance to get forward first. Shore up defense at the same time, and worry about attack last.

Yze's current plan seems to manage to pull off a pointless forward line AND weaken defense.

• Dislike
Reactions: 2 users
How does a club like Geelong, despise them as much as you want, manage to stay on top for so long without any top draft picks?

If a coach like Chris Scott had taken the Tigers over, in the same circumstances, there is no way they'd have driven the club to the bottom of the ladder with a damp squib.

When the club is low on good players, you put them all where the ball is. For us now that is back line and midfield. Zero point putting Bolton or Martin or Balta forward. You are making things worse, robbing a weak team of more talent. The ball isn't going forward. Deal with it. Make sure it has a better chance to get forward first. Shore up defense at the same time, and worry about attack last.

Yze's current plan seems to manage to pull off a pointless forward line AND weaken defense.
No coach could have saved us this year Mate. We have been absolutely decimated by injuries to our best players. Hearing Pies and Blues fans bleat about injuries to FRINGE players makes me laugh, we had zero talls and 5 of our best mids missing at one point. How can you compete when that happens? Answer is YOU CANNOT

If there’s no one in the forward line what happens when the ball goes there? Opposition defence sweep it away and run it back down the ground.

Yze's game plan revoles around having an elite key back and an elite key forward. Gibcus and Lynch. He said it in the preseason.
We have had neither for most of the year.

Reactions: 4 users
No coach could have saved us this year Mate. We have been absolutely decimated by injuries to our best players. Hearing Pies and Blues fans bleat about injuries to FRINGE players makes me laugh, we had zero talls and 5 of our best mids missing at one point. How can you compete when that happens? Answer is YOU CANNOT
What's our excuse now?

Reactions: 1 users
How does a club like Geelong, despise them as much as you want, manage to stay on top for so long without any top draft picks?
I reckon I can answer that as I live in Geelong.Unlike the other Vic clubs they are regional with a pretty stable culture.They also can hide potential recruits from the 3 private schools,and strong local leagues much easier.And they have some very cashed up supporters that "help"those potential new recruits.

What's our excuse now?
Excuse, hmmm, still an issue with player availability and a lack of continuity. And we have aged as a side.
Players drafted last few years only now getting exposure at the level, and thereby lacking experience, as they couldn’t get past premiership heroes.
But no, it’s our first year coach and his dodgy game plan according to some. What a joke

A few things.

1) F/S and country/ surfer boys wanting to go home. Ablett, Hawkins, Scarlett, Danger, Cameron, (and even Henry) all lynchpins to their successful period, a lot of quality that all fell into their lap and came for under market value.
2) Bruise free game chip-pass game plan.
3) Small ground with no wings, less kms needed.
4) Stadium full of adoring fans, hostile fans can't get in.

Thats not to say I think its all luck, they are a well run outfit, and I think their drafting is solid, but they have had a fortunate run with star players falling into their lap.

Well, maybe you should take charge Bud, you seem to be a guru and know it all. Stig for CEO, he will save us.
We’ve been absolutely smashed from an injury perspective and have had zero continuity. He’s a first year coach, and has had to learn on the run, with many key players missing.
We also have a new head of recruiting, give him a chance.
After seeing them win 3 flags, I’m more than happy to let them try and rebuild. Have a huge amount of faith in Blair Hartley to build again.
Maybe I should
Would be better than Simon Mathews
New head of recruiting is no good
Was pushed sideways by the saints
Knew Blair when he was edited videos at the Bombers in 2007
Come a long way has Blair 😉

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
It will be
Because the minority will have some idea of what’s going on
At the moment , he is struggling
Game plan is non existent
Can’t blame injuries if your method of play is unrecognisable!!
Fire away !!!
May 11th Post
Where r we now 🤔🤔

Hard to tell if he can coach or not. He has been handed a *smile* sandwich

We have senior players who are either fringe players who were made to look better than they are when they had stars around them, or whose best is behind them. And the kids are a real worry. Can’t see any future A graders anywhere.

It will take a few more drafts than just the upcoming one to see us build a list capable of contending for finals let alone a flag.