Adem Yze | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Adem Yze

I don't think we will ever get to see if he is a good coach, we need 3 years at the bottom to get the talented kids in the door that the list needs, then 3 to 4 years of development put into them, that's over 5 years in the bottom half of the ladder before the list starts to fire, chances of keeping the same coach after 5 years in the bottom half of the ladder, pretty slim is my guess. At the moment the guy is trying to polish a t.u.r.d, he has no chance of showing his true potential.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
“Hope” is most required by emotional supporters like you and Stig.

The players will be fine. We get hammered in 2024, collect a handful of high draft picks, a different set of players regroup for another campaign.

No one will be reflecting on our previous percentage for crissakes.

Hope is why we watch football.

That, and it's realisation.

Knee Jerk
Talking Blight off last night says enough
Cheers
Almost every single post you have made here is negative. I only see an opportunist who likes to dig the knife in and twist.

Not sure why you come here other than to troll.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Almost every single post you have made here is negative. I only see an opportunist who likes to dig the knife in and twist.

@Stig this is a pretty fair call. Is there anything you like Yze has done? Why so much vitriol? Hard to know where you are coming from.

My simple understanding is you used to be employed by the club and did a great job here trying to give the fan forums a voice.

Misery loves company so did something bad happen? Appreciate if its a private matter - but would be a good perspective to know why the axe grinding is so hard.

Reactions: 2 users
Suggest you look at the ladder
Look at the players who have clearly dropped off performance wise
Either players who aren’t happy move on or move the “ untried “ coach on
Seriously this is elite football
Laughable having statues at Camels at training
Club is on the bottom for a reason
We have talent
We don’t have the right strategy or management
And don’t get me started about soft tissue injuries
Name one player from the premiership group whose best is in front of them. I can only think of Balta and Bolton. And then list the players who are going ok but will never be at the level of 5 years ago. Martin, Grimes, Prestia, Lynch, McIntosh, Graham and Pickett. Players who are performing well - Nank, Vlas, Rioli, Baker and Broad. The players who have dropped off are 30 plus or decimated by injury. So we expect to be a decent side with 7 senior players. Also, remember those two leaders we lost over the pre-season - Cotch and Jack. Quite a loss…

I like what I heard in his pressor at the end he said we will look to give some opportunity to some kids in the last part of the season and mentioned smith so play them ooze don't *smile* in our pocket play them!
Talk is cheap. Just the other week he said he was using the youngsters as the sub to protect them. If, as is being said, it is to be believed that Yze is consistently overruled by the MC then he can’t guarantee this.

Reactions: 1 user

Hey champ
Nothing to do with trolling
No knife in
Only stating the facts
Facts are we are dishing up the same rubbish weekly
Not my fault they are incompetent
But if you love losing
Good on you !!

• Wow
Can Yze coach? Right now with the injuries and everything else this season - who the hell would know!?!

Either way, I’m tired of the short kick to the right from full back. Stop. Wait. Kick it long down the line. Hug the boundary. All night long.

We have zero flair apart from Rioli. Not sure if this is Yze fault right now. We are bereft of confidence and talent. Drastic changes will need to be made to implement a new game style cause what we are doing right now with the cattle we have… stinks.
I hear what you are saying but there is one reason bee do that. We have no real presence down the line ie. tall target. Therefore we try and precision kick our way up the ground. Problem there is we don’t have the skills to execute it.

Name one player from the premiership group whose best is in front of them. I can only think of Balta and Bolton. And then list the players who are going ok but will never be at the level of 5 years ago. Martin, Grimes, Prestia, Lynch, McIntosh, Graham and Pickett. Players who are performing well - Nank, Vlas, Rioli, Baker and Broad. The players who have dropped off are 30 plus or decimated by injury. So we expect to be a decent side with 7 senior players. Also, remember those two leaders we lost over the pre-season - Cotch and Jack. Quite a loss…
You are dead set biased
Rioli been average last 6 weeks
Baker and Broad unsighted past month
Bolton one good game in 6 - Fact !
Players who haven’t been developed
Ryan terrible gone backwards
Cumberland is laughable
Coulthard gone backwards
Sonsie backwards
Dow backwards
Banks is scared
Kosi laughable
Campbell jury is out
Greene clearly not up to watching him at VFL ( one good VFL game doesn’t make a career )
Grimes should never had gone on this year
Prestia and Lynch finished - injury prone

talent is thin on the ground so hard to tell if he can coach

I think the players have effort which is a positive

the worrying signs for me:
-lack of team work
-lack of improvement in individuals

Livingstone and the leadership group possibly. It's just s gut feeling that ooze doesn't have the fortitude to stamp his authority quite yet, fair enough really first year hes probably wants to build relationships not destroy them. But *smile* it's not what we actually need right now.

For me the last 4 games of the season that are winnable games will tell me alot about who is in charge and what their thought process is of where the list is at
My gut feeling to. The footy department has been just as bad as on field last 2 years and that includes the hierarchy to. To many mixed messages and poor decisions they all need accountability needs a review.

Honestly how can you have a game plan when our skills and kicking is the worse in the league auskick stuff. I tell you what we got. Get it around your head were in a full rebuild.

A bunch of senior players bluggering out there and checked out and a bunch time for retirement or trade. You can count the ones in your hand putting in. There relying on the kids to carry us. Kids struggling to play 4 quarters there showing in patches as expected.

You are dead set biased
Rioli been average last 6 weeks
Baker and Broad unsighted past month
Bolton one good game in 6 - Fact !
Players who haven’t been developed
Ryan terrible gone backwards
Cumberland is laughable
Coulthard gone backwards
Sonsie backwards
Dow backwards
Banks is scared
Kosi laughable
Campbell jury is out
Greene clearly not up to watching him at VFL ( one good VFL game doesn’t make a career )
Grimes should never had gone on this year
Prestia and Lynch finished - injury prone
Missing my point. The list is poor atm. You can’t replace Jack, Shedda, Cotch, Lambert, Houli, Ashbury, Rance, Grigg etc with 3rd round draft picks. Also lost decent players to other clubs Ellis, Chol, Markov, Butler and Higgins

Once you start making excuses you are doomed. He has enough quality senior experienced premiership players to be much more competitive than we have been. This year has been a disgrace and I couldn't give a *smile* about pick 1. The whole football department should hang their head in shame.

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
Once you start making excuses you are doomed. He has enough quality senior experienced premiership players to be much more competitive than we have been. This year has been a disgrace and I couldn't give a *smile* about pick 1. The whole football department should hang their head in shame.
Correct
Post of the year here
North will no doubt beat us when we play them
North the club after priority picks remember 😂😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Sad
Unfortunately my optometrist is closed on Mondays so will have to wait Tuesday to get my eyes checked, coz I can see the semblance and components of a/the gameplan starting to come together.

We won clearances and contested possessions. We looked to attack but it didn't come off. This has been noticeable the last three weeks. We win the contest and struggle to get the outlet. Sometimes skills, sometimes decisions and a surprisingly high amount of smothers. We then tend to collapse in and that reduces the outlet options and then we lose the third or fourth contest or it gets reset with a stoppage (which we dominated by the way). So incremental improvements and a clear change from previous years where stoppages weren't our target/focus as much.

The opposition is also holding width/space better than us at stoppages so getting cleaner exits.

The above is pretty typical as teams transition gameplans and have a mixed list of experience and youth.

It appears to me that teams know/understand where we are going with our exits coz we get smothered at stoppages a lot. Our decision making needs to improve and we need to tweak our positioning to reduce the smothers.

Once we're out execution and option choosing is so-so at times. Needs to improve but that is what training is focusing on so I do envisage an upside there as players gel better.

Look at the match summary and there's 3 five minute periods where Freo get a run on. Our two way running struggles at key moments in the game and the opposition pounce. We had chances in the 3rd and missed some targets, had an arm wrestle and then relaxed/dropped our heads and Freo pounce and open a lead. That occurs with young sides. our experienced guys should be able to lead but there does seem to be some lack of cohesion there. In the 3rd quarter run I think it was Shai, Hops and Short all on the bench at the same time. Possibly not the greatest rotation planning. That consistent two way running needs to improve and as previously noted it is getting better but it needs to lift again. (I won't count the first quarter run on by Freo coz in my admittedly biased opinion there were at least 3 umpire howlers in that set that cost us badly.)

Anyway just what I saw. If I saw wrong I will book that appointment with the optometrist.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12 users
The above is pretty typical as teams transition gameplans and have a mixed list of experience and youth.

It appears to me that teams know/understand where we are going with our exits coz we get smothered at stoppages a lot. Our decision making needs to improve and we need to tweak our positioning to reduce the smothers.

Once we're out execution and option choosing is so-so at times. Needs to improve but that is what training is focusing on so I do envisage an upside there as players gel better.
Agree HK.

This is where we need better talent as will come in the drafts.

Hey champ
Nothing to do with trolling
No knife in
Only stating the facts
Facts are we are dishing up the same rubbish weekly
Not my fault they are incompetent
But if you love losing
Good on you !!
Oh no, I got champed.

I don't see many facts, just opinion sprouted like your an insider who knows secrets. But there's never any evidence, just hearsay.

So if you're privy to REAL football intelligence, put it here. Tell us something Yze is planning this week that no one in the public eye would know.

Otherwise, you're likely nothing more than the Collingwood barracking receptionist who's pissed they didn't getting meeting expectations on their yearly performance review.

i doubt you'd hear anything first hand and if you did and bag the club like you do, I'd sack you and send you to St Kilda As penance.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users