Adem Yze | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Adem Yze

So you're saying I don't need to book an appointment with my optometrist. Noted. :ROFLMAO:
The obvious signs are that we just continue the bad habit of bombing kicks to nowhere, handballing the hot potato to anyone and also move slow. We need better talent to move the ball around (at least McAuliffe shows it) and it's gonna take time for all to connect. The S&C plays part to our slow movement and this seriously needs to improve quickly.

Reactions: 2 users
Unfortunately my optometrist is closed on Mondays so will have to wait Tuesday to get my eyes checked, coz I can see the semblance and components of a/the gameplan starting to come together.

We won clearances and contested possessions. We looked to attack but it didn't come off. This has been noticeable the last three weeks. We win the contest and struggle to get the outlet. Sometimes skills, sometimes decisions and a surprisingly high amount of smothers. We then tend to collapse in and that reduces the outlet options and then we lose the third or fourth contest or it gets reset with a stoppage (which we dominated by the way). So incremental improvements and a clear change from previous years where stoppages weren't our target/focus as much.

The opposition is also holding width/space better than us at stoppages so getting cleaner exits.

The above is pretty typical as teams transition gameplans and have a mixed list of experience and youth.

It appears to me that teams know/understand where we are going with our exits coz we get smothered at stoppages a lot. Our decision making needs to improve and we need to tweak our positioning to reduce the smothers.

Once we're out execution and option choosing is so-so at times. Needs to improve but that is what training is focusing on so I do envisage an upside there as players gel better.

Look at the match summary and there's 3 five minute periods where Freo get a run on. Our two way running struggles at key moments in the game and the opposition pounce. We had chances in the 3rd and missed some targets, had an arm wrestle and then relaxed/dropped our heads and Freo pounce and open a lead. That occurs with young sides. our experienced guys should be able to lead but there does seem to be some lack of cohesion there. In the 3rd quarter run I think it was Shai, Hops and Short all on the bench at the same time. Possibly not the greatest rotation planning. That consistent two way running needs to improve and as previously noted it is getting better but it needs to lift again. (I won't count the first quarter run on by Freo coz in my admittedly biased opinion there were at least 3 umpire howlers in that set that cost us badly.)

Anyway just what I saw. If I saw wrong I will book that appointment with the optometrist.
Good sensible analysis. What are you doing posting on PRE?

Reactions: 3 users
Need to give him 3 years at least to see what he has got, this team is not fit, they don't run out games, they look tired and have done for 3 years, the injuries this year have been the worst I can remember, and a team cannot gel if they cannot get on the park. The fitness and strength and conditioning staff need to be sacked.
The forward line has also be very dysfunctional, they do not create space, no leads, just bomb and hope for ground balls, constantly out marked and when they do mark it , they are too far out of on rubbish angles.
I would also say there is a group of senior players thinking they want out to chase more success now that there is clearly a rebuild required. Rioli, Bolton, Baker and potentially Dusty. This is not a negative in my view, but you do need a good core group of experienced players to help the kids learn faster.

Of course we can question if he is a good coach. Trouble is no one knows yet, he has been there two minutes.

I will say though i don't think we have played with the same structure or right structure most games.
I fail to see a consistent system and style that we wan't to play.

It has been patently clear that we were going to finish low almost from the start, yet players like Short and Graham and plenty of others yes mature players have been allowed to stink it up all year with no repercussions while kids are in good form in the two's being over looked.

Play with good structure stick to a workable game plan and do it with as many kids as possible. Does it really matter if we play 8 9 or 10 younger blokes
Just put the better performing seniors around them. For gods sake put them in their right positions as well.

He spoke about Rioli playing on a wing!!! why not? Just try a few things.
The obvious benefit to that would be a much improved centre line and freeing a spot up for Trezise or Smith in defense.
Simply dropping Short frees a spot up for one of them.
If that equates to some big losses who cares.

Play kids tell them they are getting a good block of games. If playing well enough at the end of the block keep them in. If they are struggling back to the vfl and in with another kid for a block.

Not sure we have really done this apart from campbell and Sonsie who both now need to go back for a few weeks for some touch and confidence.Then straight back in to see the year out.
Could possibly say the same with McAuliffe.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
WTFU idiot. Go and visit Dumma your new mate at the Cold Ghoast Huns.
Idiot
Really
Haven’t abused you
But go right ahead
You can abuse me champ
Please tell me this
You called Dimma “ Dumma “
He got 3 flags
Day 1 on the job , YZE turns up with Camel statues 🤔🤔🤔
Painted out the walls in the meeting room at great offence to the players
Who is the idiot now ? Sitting on the bottom of the ladder
Have a spell off social media champ
Embarrassing

Last edited:
Unfortunately my optometrist is closed on Mondays so will have to wait Tuesday to get my eyes checked, coz I can see the semblance and components of a/the gameplan starting to come together.

We won clearances and contested possessions. We looked to attack but it didn't come off. This has been noticeable the last three weeks. We win the contest and struggle to get the outlet. Sometimes skills, sometimes decisions and a surprisingly high amount of smothers. We then tend to collapse in and that reduces the outlet options and then we lose the third or fourth contest or it gets reset with a stoppage (which we dominated by the way). So incremental improvements and a clear change from previous years where stoppages weren't our target/focus as much.

The opposition is also holding width/space better than us at stoppages so getting cleaner exits.

The above is pretty typical as teams transition gameplans and have a mixed list of experience and youth.

It appears to me that teams know/understand where we are going with our exits coz we get smothered at stoppages a lot. Our decision making needs to improve and we need to tweak our positioning to reduce the smothers.

Once we're out execution and option choosing is so-so at times. Needs to improve but that is what training is focusing on so I do envisage an upside there as players gel better.

Look at the match summary and there's 3 five minute periods where Freo get a run on. Our two way running struggles at key moments in the game and the opposition pounce. We had chances in the 3rd and missed some targets, had an arm wrestle and then relaxed/dropped our heads and Freo pounce and open a lead. That occurs with young sides. our experienced guys should be able to lead but there does seem to be some lack of cohesion there. In the 3rd quarter run I think it was Shai, Hops and Short all on the bench at the same time. Possibly not the greatest rotation planning. That consistent two way running needs to improve and as previously noted it is getting better but it needs to lift again. (I won't count the first quarter run on by Freo coz in my admittedly biased opinion there were at least 3 umpire howlers in that set that cost us badly.)

Anyway just what I saw. If I saw wrong I will book that appointment with the optometrist.
BORING!!!.

Babies must be thrown out with the bathwater!

I was on board with Yze getting the gig. But I'm worried. No real plan bringing the ball out. The wheels turn slow. Dow 12 games on the trot. Campbell (who I like) and Mansell haven't really touched the ball in months and it's all let's do it again ( with the same results). We regularly stump up 5 or 6 goal efforts. That is a massive indictment on ball use and decision making. Don't get me started about McIntosh. Why is he there in this rebuild. Is he a cautionary tale? How many players have got worse under Yze. Graham short broad rioli sonsie Cumberland . The few positives are balta taking on more a leaders role. Brown miller lefau. I struggle after that. The Martin 300 was a real watershed moment for me. Enough cattle out there to make a statement but barely a whimper and the same predictable game porridge (style is not appropriate)

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
I would be putting Baker back into the backline.

One he plays better there & 2 , if he is leaving we want him playing as good as possible to get a better pick

I would be putting Baker back into the backline.

One he plays better there & 2 , if he is leaving we want him playing as good as possible to get a better pick
There is a down side to doing things like that.

We have two promising sml/med defenders and they don't get a look in, in a year they should be.
Please lets get Smith and Trezise into the team.

• Love
Did I hear him say. " We had a plan and we executed it pretty well"
*smile* me.
He is the Joe Biden of coaching if he said that.
Next he’ll be telling us he’s the most successful black female coach ever.

• Haha
Idiot
Really
Haven’t abused you
But go right ahead
You can abuse me champ
Please tell me this
You called Dimma “ Dumma “
He got 3 flags
Day 1 on the job , YZE turns up with Camel statues 🤔🤔🤔
Painted out the walls in the meeting room at great offence to the players
Who is the idiot now ? Sitting on the bottom of the ladder
Have a spell off social media champ
Embarrassing
You're the one that needs a spell off social media. Going by his pressers, he's becoming Dumma as he's starting to look like another Micky Malthouse. Compare Dimma and Yze in their 1st years not after 3 flags and 14 years. What cards do they hold in their 1st years??? This has been repeated on here every day and you still don't get it. "Painted out the walls....." is another laughable bs of yours. Where's Dusty retiring on his 300th as you said last time??? :rotfl2:rotfl2:rotfl2Keep dreaming chump. This is the 1st time we hit bottom and rebuild properly with early draft picks in 20 years!!!! Way better than mediocre years finishing mid table, getting labelled as Ninthmond and ending up with average draftees.

• Love
Did I hear him say. " We had a plan and we executed it pretty well"
You did, in response to a journalist commenting that the Tiges winning the clearances could be taken away as a positive from the game.

Tiges won:

- Hit outs 44/34
- Clearances 43/37
- Stoppage clearances 32/24

(Were shaded in centre clearances 11/13)

Where many of the issues occurred were in the execution resulting from the clearance wins, (which they will continue to work on)

Some of the skill errors are talent, some are in decision making / timing of disposals. (In my opinion)

I’m going to assume that you were doing other things whilst listening to the presser, and didn’t deliberately take Ooze’s comments out of context in view of creating more fuel for another classic PRE pile on.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
I have no idea why people are upset. We are rebuilding next 3 years.
The goal is to build a list that can challenge for finals and then a flag.

Reactions: 8 users
Exactly people profess their hatred for Geelong but because we aren't Geelong they all hate themselves.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
You're the one that needs a spell off social media. Going by his pressers, he's becoming Dumma as he's starting to look like another Micky Malthouse. Compare Dimma and Yze in their 1st years not after 3 flags and 14 years. What cards do they hold in their 1st years??? This has been repeated on here every day and you still don't get it. "Painted out the walls....." is another laughable bs of yours. Where's Dusty retiring on his 300th as you said last time??? :rotfl2:rotfl2:rotfl2Keep dreaming chump. This is the 1st time we hit bottom and rebuild properly with early draft picks in 20 years!!!! Way better than mediocre years finishing mid table, getting labelled as Ninthmond and ending up with average draftees.
Talk about the Tiges
Couldn’t care less about Hardwick
Have you found the camel 🐪?
And where are we on the ladder ?
The YZE told everyone that we would play exciting footy
Seen none of it
Reality is he is struggling
Maybe he should take some advice from some of his assistants
That’s what they are paid for
Otherwise we will have many wanting to leave
And others have gone backwards at a rate of knots
The list isn’t that bad , but the coaching and player development is a disgrace
Jack Graham what’s happened there ?

Can tell you this
Many were pissed off with walls being painted out
FACT !!
Irrelevant of what dribble the club want to tell you !!

Reactions: 1 users
I am hardly emotionally
You are assuming we make the correct choices in the draft
Well, maybe you should take charge Bud, you seem to be a guru and know it all. Stig for CEO, he will save us.
We’ve been absolutely smashed from an injury perspective and have had zero continuity. He’s a first year coach, and has had to learn on the run, with many key players missing.
We also have a new head of recruiting, give him a chance.
After seeing them win 3 flags, I’m more than happy to let them try and rebuild. Have a huge amount of faith in Blair Hartley to build again.

Will the club embrace the rebuild? Externally Yze still thinks he has a list to contend. That cannot be the mindset. Look at eagles. Never cut hard and didn’t attack the draft to hard. I’d much rather be Hawks or North - since clarkson took over.