Adem Yze | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Adem Yze

The truth is our list isn’t good enough and injuries haven’t helped at all. If we had Lynch, Prestia, Gibcus, Ross, Lefau, Rioli, Martin etc on the park we would be a decent middle of the road team at best. To be a top team you need 2 to 3 gun 22 to 26 year old midfielders. We just don’t have any.

Reactions: 1 user
What’s the point
I get attacked for telling the truth
So what’s the point
Let’s see how many players want out at years end.
There will be many
We recruit Hopper and Taranto for reason but game plan under YZE we don’t play to their strengths
Club will come out with some rubbish statement
But reality is there are huge issues at the club
We aren’t on the bottom for draft picks irrelevant of what is said and people think
Let’s take the Dylan Grimes situation
Had 2 back operations and has retired
But the club don’t announce it
Don’t put him on long term injury list
Why not ?
Let’s take Emma Murray , a key to the Tiges success
Was instrumental in getting players up
Where is she at the moment ?
At the Swans
Cheers and enjoy the rest of the year
So Yze is now responsible for the whole club? Shows your beef is with the club more than Yze. By any chance did you get overlooked for a promotion at the club?

Reactions: 1 users
What if

The fact we haven’t had a decent draft pick for 10 years (save Gibcus)

Is coming home to roost?

Radical I know
This.

Lennon, Corey Ellis, Higgins, Coleman Jones, Collier Dawkins, Dow… all top 20 picks since Vlastuin in 2012. Rioli in 2015 the only top 20 pick that has gone on with it.

Reactions: 2 users
People really, really need to get a grip. You’ve been spooked by touching bottom.

Trading for Taranto and Hopper was a disaster. It was when we really needed another draft injection on the back of Gibcus.

Taranto is a fine player but as it stands he will be caretaker of a completely barren midfield.

I don’t begrudge the play for another flag. I don’t begrudge a triple premiership coach getting the chance to saddle up again. I understand why he left and have no lingering animosity to man or club.

Our list is bereft. Half the kids who played yesterday won’t make it. The older players are coasting or cooked.

Yze has nothing to work with. The perfect storm of poorly skilled rookies and fading stars has bitten us.

This is expected. Look at the list. For some reason folks think we are finals worthy even without the horrific injuries. We are not.

We are bottom four and will remain so unless we get creative at trade table. Despite the poor quality of our list we still have some very tradeable commodities who won’t break our cultural tapestry should they leave.

Draft in. Top end youth at last. Yze will be able to execute his vision with more solid bedrock underneath his feet.

But this isn’t visionary opinion. It’s simply basic footy fact that the silent majority understand.

This thread continues to peddle insanity.

Reactions: 12 users
Lol you are just reeling in your hyperbolic posts criticising Yze and now pretending to take some sage middle ground.

The defence of Yze here centres on not hanging him before his first season is done.

I like Yze and can see what he’s trying to do, but most posters are simply calling out the mob who have grabbed the pitchforks waaaaay too early.

Welcome aboard the Sanity Sedan in any case

I'm not backing down from any criticisms I've had.

I hate the way he's used the sub. I think it's impacted some young players performance and, at least short term, growth.

I have concerns over his game plan (I think it might be unattainably technical) and how he adjusts it during a game (or hasn't).

But I recognise the challenges of the year, the injuries, the turnover, and the timing.

But the internet always pushes to extremes.

I think it's ridiculous to say 'get him out of the club' as it is to say 'he's tracking along nicely'.

I'm not backing down from any criticisms I've had.

I hate the way he's used the sub. I think it's impacted some young players performance and, at least short term, growth.

I have concerns over his game plan (I think it might be unattainably technical) and how he adjusts it during a game (or hasn't).

But I recognise the challenges of the year, the injuries, the turnover, and the timing.

But the internet always pushes to extremes.

I think it's ridiculous to say 'get him out of the club' as it is to say 'he's tracking along nicely'.
You are referring to one poster. Me.

I am not allowed to posit he is “tracking along nicely” when I see some excellent passages within games, an engaged and respected teacher on the boundary line and a calm and reasoned coach in front of the media?

This, against a backdrop of severe injuries to key players and a poor list to chose from?

You are grasping mate. You hung Yze too early, looked at the man next to you, saw it was Stig and are now scrambling to repent.

So Yze is now responsible for the whole club? Shows your beef is with the club more than Yze. By any chance did you get overlooked for a promotion at the club?
That’s a lovely post
No beef
We are last on the ladder for a reason
But hey you are entitled to your opinion
And I am entitled to mine
Let’s see how many players want out at the end of the year
But you listen to the dribble that comes out of the club
Even the press conference last night where YZE says we will give the opportunity to the kids
But 45 mins he takes Blight off
Really
Strategically we are extremely poor
FACT !

I am not allowed to posit he is “tracking along nicely” when I see some excellent passages within games, an engaged and respected teacher on the boundary line and a calm and reasoned coach in front of the media?

This, against a backdrop of severe injuries to key players and a poor list to chose from?

You are grasping mate. You hung Yze too early and are now scrambling to recover.

You are allowed to post that, of course. It adds balance, and is with considering.

My opinion is that when you still have half a side of premiership players, and A graders like Vlossy, Prestia, Bolton, Baker, Rioli, Balta, then you will always see some nice passages of play, even when all else is going to hell.

Forget players, if you go with an all or just game plan, which involves big gambles by foot and positioning, the natural consequence is nice passages of play, and big losses.

The question mark is whether it's possible to draft a side to swing the risk/reward in our favour. My instinct is no.

But, we don't know. Maybe it is. More likely, Yze will need to adjust things, as he builds his side. Which is why he needs time. As I've said from post one, but the way.

Hardwick completely flipped the script in 2016. A good manager can do that. We don't know if Yze is a good manager yet. We will find out.

While I agree, he seems very intelligent and measured in press conferences, I hold zero stock in that. And less than zero from his demeanour on the boundary line.

We have a sub 60 percentage. Hope is important. Not just across a 5 year period. But on gameday. We must make sure the next couple of years are more competitive. Yze has the time to do that.

the MC and Yze seem a little afraid to experiment, even when things are as they are...

there is clearly a breakdown in ideas on the field. if that's the players or the game plan then change it..

Can Yze coach? Right now with the injuries and everything else this season - who the hell would know!?!

Either way, I’m tired of the short kick to the right from full back. Stop. Wait. Kick it long down the line. Hug the boundary. All night long.

We have zero flair apart from Rioli. Not sure if this is Yze fault right now. We are bereft of confidence and talent. Drastic changes will need to be made to implement a new game style cause what we are doing right now with the cattle we have… stinks.

First season new coach, list in transition before he even started straight away makes for a tough season then add in injuries.
I think Vlas nailed it when he spoke of the change after 14yrs of Dimma and not quite enjoying it and finding it hard.
We would want to see some serious improvement in terms of skills and obvious game style next year even though I think we will finish bottom 4.
Sad thing is I can see Yze getting flicked at the end of his third year. The win/loss will be so bad the club will have to act

• Dislike
Yze - Passive soft outside player
Newman - Passive soft outside player
Teague - Passive soft outside player
Rutten - KPD but timid soft previous head coach
Lonergan - FMD

It has to be the sh1ttest coaching panel in the league.
Chris Newman soft would have to be one of the more stupid comments I've ever read. And Teague for that matter.

We have a sub 60 percentage. Hope is important. Not just across a 5 year period. But on gameday. We must make sure the next couple of years are more competitive. Yze has the time to do that.
“Hope” is most required by emotional supporters like you and Stig.

The players will be fine. We get hammered in 2024, collect a handful of high draft picks, a different set of players regroup for another campaign.

No one will be reflecting on our previous percentage for crissakes.

Reactions: 3 users
People really, really need to get a grip. You’ve been spooked by touching bottom.

Trading for Taranto and Hopper was a disaster. It was when we really needed another draft injection on the back of Gibcus.

Taranto is a fine player but as it stands he will be caretaker of a completely barren midfield.

I don’t begrudge the play for another flag. I don’t begrudge a triple premiership coach getting the chance to saddle up again. I understand why he left and have no lingering animosity to man or club.

Our list is bereft. Half the kids who played yesterday won’t make it. The older players are coasting or cooked.

Yze has nothing to work with. The perfect storm of poorly skilled rookies and fading stars has bitten us.

This is expected. Look at the list. For some reason folks think we are finals worthy even without the horrific injuries. We are not.

We are bottom four and will remain so unless we get creative at trade table. Despite the poor quality of our list we still have some very tradeable commodities who won’t break our cultural tapestry should they leave.

Draft in. Top end youth at last. Yze will be able to execute his vision with more solid bedrock underneath his feet.

But this isn’t visionary opinion. It’s simply basic footy fact that the silent majority understand.

This thread continues to peddle insanity.
And you’re an outstanding contributor to it
Well done 👍
Bottoming out is for losers
Don’t see Geelong doing it
The financial pressure now back on the club for finishing last will see the redevelopment cut back and create other issues

The players will be fine. We get hammered in 2024, collect a handful of high draft picks, a different set of players regroup for another campaign.

I am hardly emotionally
You are assuming we make the correct choices in the draft

Suggest you look at the ladder
Look at the players who have clearly dropped off performance wise
Either players who aren’t happy move on or move the “ untried “ coach on
Seriously this is elite football
Laughable having statues at Camels at training
Club is on the bottom for a reason
We have talent
We don’t have the right strategy or management
And don’t get me started about soft tissue injuries

Let's not hang the guy before he's committed a crime.
Was Dimma the perfect coach in his first season, or did he learn, develop and get better?

For Christ sake, can we please give this guy a chance. There's only so much you can learn as the main assistant at a club. NONE of us know what's going on in match day. Maybe he's listening too much to his assistants so they feel welcomed. Maybe he's compromised his game style due to the injuries.

He did say preseason he expected to attack through the corridor. Instead were playing more like a Dimma kick down the line gameplan. Why the change?

I'm sure the motivation levels for our seniors who are used to the be near the top and competing for finals (we missed last year, but kept trying until it was a mathematical impossibility) .

Challenges for Yze, yes. But first time head coach. He has P plates on. Talking about whether he's incompetent in half a season are just knee jerk responses from a frustrated supporter base.

Reactions: 12 users
Let's not hang the guy before he's committed a crime.
Was Dimma the perfect coach in his first season, or did he learn, develop and get better?

For Christ sake, can we please give this guy a chance. There's only so much you can learn as the main assistant at a club. NONE of us know what's going on in match day. Maybe he's listening too much to his assistants so they feel welcomed. Maybe he's compromised his game style due to the injuries.

He did say preseason he expected to attack through the corridor. Instead were playing more like a Dimma kick down the line gameplan. Why the change?

I'm sure the motivation levels for our seniors who are used to the be near the top and competing for finals (we missed last year, but kept trying until it was a mathematical impossibility) .

Challenges for Yze, yes. But first time head coach. He has P plates on. Talking about whether he's incompetent in half a season are just knee jerk responses from a frustrated supporter base.
Knee Jerk
Talking Blight off last night says enough
Cheers

• Wow