Adem Yze | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Adem Yze

I have stayed away because I knew what this site would be like but my take on last night is slightly different. Note, I was there watching live.
I can’t question commitment, our players chased hard for most of the game. I noticed a lot of gut running to close down space to put on as much pressure as possible. Early in the game we were well in it but they were clean and we weren’t, that was the only difference.
The hawks were very impressive. Their delivery by foot, and there linking when running was first class, ours wasn’t. We had a lot of nearly moments but we are not instinctive. They have a lot of players who have been there in their rebuild but create that instinctive play making, we don’t.
So many times they hit targets that were hard to hit and we need to find players who can do the same.
I just didn’t see the softness and lack of effort some saw. Live at the ground I saw everyone busting a gut but chasing tail and playing against a team that is now very well drilled and pretty highly skilled.
Yeah but, yeah but, yeah but Ooze is supposed to have this all done in 6 months!!!

Reactions: 1 users
I have stayed away because I knew what this site would be like but my take on last night is slightly different. Note, I was there watching live.
I can’t question commitment, our players chased hard for most of the game. I noticed a lot of gut running to close down space to put on as much pressure as possible. Early in the game we were well in it but they were clean and we weren’t, that was the only difference.
The hawks were very impressive. Their delivery by foot, and there linking when running was first class, ours wasn’t. We had a lot of nearly moments but we are not instinctive. They have a lot of players who have been there in their rebuild but create that instinctive play making, we don’t.
So many times they hit targets that were hard to hit and we need to find players who can do the same.
I just didn’t see the softness and lack of effort some saw. Live at the ground I saw everyone busting a gut but chasing tail and playing against a team that is now very well drilled and pretty highly skilled.

I agree wholeheartedly Sinner. The Hawks are on a roll atm.
I said to my daughter half way through the last quarter that we're where they were 2 years ago.

Reactions: 1 user
But by playing them you give them the opportunity to prove weather they deserve to be on the list going forward. Get given an opportunity to preform to the standard and style the coach requires or see ya latter, nothing worse than seeing kids cut that never got given a run and wondering why.
Agree, but it should’ve been obvious by now. You can’t carry that amount in the one team if your game plan is what the previous poster suggested.

right now there is no discernible game style or system for us supporters to hold onto.
This for mine. I cannot make out any preconceived plan offensively or defensively.

After half a season, I can't remember an innovative passage of play or defensive structure. Nothing is clicking enough to observe a plan.

Also, given we need to be 100 % focused on the future, why aren't we in full FULL development mode. I disagree with some on here saying he needs to do more on GameDay, I reckon it needs to be less. Like, why when the game is totally done, is balta forward again. The season to date has given a sample, he should probably be in defence (or vice versa, just lock it) So just leave him there. Work out what puzzle pieces we do have locked in, then don't stuff with them.

For the same reason, id rather KM play all game but be on bench 50% of the time. Much better result in 3 years time than 10mins a game, even if rotations suffer and we are less competitive in the remaining rounds.

I have a fear there's a bit of Terry wallacing going on week to week, and the plan isn't the same every week. Or at least, the players look disconnected enough that they don't know what the others are supposed to be doing. Nank was punching it 20m from ruck at times, and noone expected it out was there to receive it. Movement for options doesn't exist. Mid delivery to forwards is unaligned. Would like to know what's the intended style or plan, then see signs of it getting better and clicking for more time each week, but so far don't even know what the aim is

Reactions: 3 users
If you watch replay see boundary throw in 25 seconds into the game.
Dow gets great clearance and just bangs it on boot no effort to create or use it.
Have a look at what he misses in middle of ground - and then that switch puts Scrimshaw out of position and brings Cumbo into it.

I really hope the game plan is take that kick into the middle and not do what Dow did. So why is Dow still doing that?
Happened again with someone else not long later

Happened every time Dow kicked the ball forward more than 5m. He just drops it on the boot and kicks it high generally to no-one. He was awful in the 2st half particularly yesterday, was better in the 2nd half when he only got 6 touches.

Reactions: 2 users
I’m not particularly fond of this discussion thread, so let’s revisit it in a few years. I understand we’re all disappointed after yesterday’s loss, but it’s too soon to judge Coach Yze’s capabilities. It’s been a challenging year with the team undergoing transitions, past recruitment issues, injuries, and some young players not meeting expectations, contributing to our current average performance.

As the year ends, it looks like we’ll see changes among our experienced players—some through trades, retirements, and cuts. There will also be shifts in the assistant coaching staff since Yze took over some from Dimma. Next year, we’ll have a younger Richmond Tigers team.

We’re optimistic about acquiring talented players in the draft, adding to the two promising mid-season picks. However, it will take time for these young players to mature, develop chemistry, and for Yze to implement his game plan fully. Patience is key as we build towards the future.

Reactions: 7 users
I understand we’re all disappointed after yesterday’s loss, but it’s too soon to judge Coach Yze’s capabilities. It’s been a challenging year with the team undergoing transitions, past recruitment issues, injuries, and some young players not meeting expectations, contributing to our current average performance.

As the year ends, it looks like we’ll see changes among our experienced players—some through trades, retirements, and cuts. There will also be shifts in the assistant coaching staff since Yze took over some from Dimma. Next year, we’ll have a younger Richmond Tigers team.

I'm optimistic about acquiring talented players in the draft, adding to the two promising mid-season picks. However, it will take time for these young players to mature, develop chemistry, and for Yze to implement his game plan fully. Patience is key as we build towards the future.

Again you can't answer the question just divert from the point . Shows me alot about your football IQ.
More IQ on footy that you will ever have
I can assure you of that
😉
Don’t deflect where is the Camel ?
And why is Samson Ryan not marking at training and content to hit the ball with one hand ?
Seriously if you think my Footy IQ is questionable
I dont turn up with 2 camels
Please enough
Getting embarrassing now
Do you watch the game ?
Do you realise we roll an extra up to every stoppage ?
And when we kick long we are continually out numbered
Seriously mate , we are 2nd last through poor coaching

More IQ on footy that you will ever have
I can assure you of that
😉
Don’t deflect where is the Camel ?
And why is Samson Ryan not marking at training and content to hit the ball with one hand ?
Seriously if you think my Footy IQ is questionable
I dont turn up with 2 camels
Please enough
Getting embarrassing now
Do you watch the game ?
Do you realise we roll an extra up to every stoppage ?
And when we kick long we are continually out numbered
Seriously mate , we are 2nd last through poor coaching
Go join the Huns, they need money.

You didn’t answer my question
Why we continually send an extra up at a stoppage then kick down the line to at out number
The question isn’t hard ?
Answer it
You didn't ask me the question, but FWIW, we don't kick out of stoppages. If we get the clearance we spread and run. Our problem is we don't execute the ball skilfully and that is the players' fault not the coach.

Reactions: 3 users
How many of our players have improved on last year?
The real question is, how many posters have improved since last year?

Or do the same posters keep finding ways to say the same thing, over, and over, and over again.

Which I guess is a skill.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
The real question is, how many posters have improved since last year?

Or do the same posters keep finding ways to say the same thing, over, and over, and over again.

Which I guess is a skill.
Just asking a simple question.

Seeing Richmond supporters claim on social media that Hawthorn is 4 years ahead of us...

What absolute garbage. They are crap. Their list is crap. That little Watson child isn't of AFL standard. Sicily is decent, but ain't Rance. Day isn't Dusty. Chol isn't Jack.

But they are well coached and well drilled. Maybe Yze is still learning the caper, but Sam Mitchell gave him a bath yesterday.
They also have connection from playing together regularly. We don't have that cohesion for obvious reasons. This in itself will make us look significantly worse.