Adem Yze | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Adem Yze

Hardly inspiring to really say he's improved significantly to impact games.

Willo didn't say that he'd significantly improved, just that he had. Those stats show that you were wrong.

I reckon he's got more improvement in him too.

Reactions: 1 user
At the very least, there’s a disconnect between what Yze & other coaches want to do and the ability/willingness of the team to buy in.

Looks like he wants a win clearance/stoppage type game and kick long to contest. Fair enough, we’ve had loads of injuries, but it’s not solely that.

A few observations over the season:

- We’ve been too badly beaten at centre clearance with opposition also having far too many super clean clearances. No defence can adequately defend that.
- Even when Hopper & Prestia come back, quality midfielders that can win and use the ball & gut run both ways have to be drafting focus.
- We do better in around ground stoppage but that’s generally due to pushing more players to the contest. Then if/when we win the ball, it’s a long scramble disposal out of that area to outnumber situations as opposition now sit back off us (like Hardwick used to have us do on the turnover model). We don’t spread and link out of stoppage. Opposition then expose our stoppage outnumber and kill us on turnover, especially if they have good kicking skills. We’re basically being beaten by how we used to play at our peak.
- The move the ball forward/turnover/pressure/movement model we had at our best has been lost. Replaced by static model - horrendous to watch on Saturday and in big losses throughout the season.
- Throw in a number of players that are simply average AFL standard with deficiencies (Dow, Cumberland, Mansell, Sonsie etc), general lack of leg speed and lack of kicking skills and here we are.

Last 9 games will be an interesting watch. First thing I’d like to see is invest in younger players that do bring quality - McAuliffe, Smith, Campbell etc - if they tire in game, sub them off or manage via rotation. For example, McAuliffe for 20 mins each week is a waste. May as well go back to VFL & develop tank.

Get back to encouraging the team to play with dare. No more outlet kick to a back pocket from point kick ins and then just a long up the line for example. Encourage more movement and kick to advantage.

It’s been a hard watch so far.

Reactions: 5 users
At the very least, there’s a disconnect between what Yze & other coaches want to do and the ability/willingness of the team to buy in.

Buy in takes time. The Hawks are a lesson with this. Plus you have to add in the effect of the injuries. Which is why trying to judge Ooze at this point is ridiculous.

Reactions: 5 users
But he has improved. Some have been giving plaudits for MRJ’s great improvement this year. Not even close to Mansell atm.
They must use different criteria
Junior has more improvement and has potential to be a B to A grader. Mansell will be nothing, but a handy C+ role player and they're still needed until better comes along.

Let’s not revert to the “eat our own” mentality that made us a laughing stock to every other club’s supporters, particularly at a time when the club is going through one of the biggest transitions on and off the field in its history.
We will have "supporters" dropping manure outside PRO and microwaving membership cards soon. I am calm about the whole situation, it is the natural cycle of the competition

But if we don't believe that some prospective recruit or free agent was sitting watching on saturday night thinking how great it would be to play in front of the Tiger army then we are kidding ourselves. We can be one of our club's biggest assets by turning up and supporting!!
92,000 at a game when we are 17th ....staggering. Great advertising for the club

Reactions: 13 users
We will have "supporters" dropping manure outside PRO and microwaving membership cards soon. I am calm about the whole situation, it is the natural cycle of the competition

But if we don't believe that some prospective recruit or free agent was sitting watching on saturday night thinking how great it would be to play in front of the Tiger army then we are kidding ourselves. We can be one of our club's biggest assets by turning up and supporting!!
92,000 at a game when we are 17th ....staggering. Great advertising for the club
All true Sin. This is our main attraction in recruiting. Taranto been the latest to say it. I read at other d-head supporters already getting cocky on how bad we are and just laugh. We still hold the 'last best team' (dynasty) trophy which is why I hope Scumwood fail this season.

Reactions: 1 users
Player Statistics Comparison​
Name​
Team​
Forward​
Position​
Forward​
44​
Career Games​
44​
Woodville West-Torrens​
Origin​
Woodville West-Torrens​
June 4, 2000​
Date of Birth​
June 4, 2000​
24yr 0mth​
Age​
Turned 23 in 2023​
180cm​
Height​
180cm​
77kg​
Weight​
77kg​
Last Drafted In​
Last Draft Position​
Last Drafted By​
2024​
Stats for Season​
2023​
12​
Games​
Kicks​
5.5​
Handballs​
2.2​
Disposals​
7.8​
2.4​
Marks​
2.4​
Goals​
0.6​
Behinds​
0.3​
Tackles​
2.5​
0​
Hitouts​
0​
Inside 50s​
1.8​
Goal Assists​
0.1​
0.8​
Frees For​
0.8​
Frees Against​
0.5​
Contested Possessions​
2.8​
Uncontested Possessions​
5.0​
Effective Disposals​
5.1​
66%
Disposal Efficiency %​
65.4%​
Clangers​
1.5​
Contested Marks​
0.1​
Marks Inside 50​
0.5​
Clearances​
0.2​
0.2​
Rebound 50s​
1.2​
One Percenters​
Bounces​
0​
Time On Ground %​
60.0​
0.1​
Centre Clearances​
0.1​
0.2​
Stoppage Clearances​
0.2​
Score Involvements​
2.9​
Metres Gained​
142.1​
Turnovers​
2.0​
Intercepts​
1.1​
Tackles Inside 50​
0.9​
AFL Fantasy Score​
41.2​
Supercoach Score​
40.5​

Name​
Team​
Forward​
Position​
Forward​
44​
Career Games​
44​
Woodville West-Torrens​
Origin​
Woodville West-Torrens​
June 4, 2000​
Date of Birth​
June 4, 2000​
24yr 0mth​
Age​
Turned 23 in 2023​
180cm​
Height​
180cm​
77kg​
Weight​
77kg​
Last Drafted In​
Last Draft Position​
Last Drafted By​
2024​
Stats for Season​
2023​
12​
Games​
90​
Kicks​
34​
Handballs​
124​
Disposals​
29​
Marks​
10​
Goals​
10​
Behinds​
5​
41​
Tackles​
0​
Hitouts​
0​
Inside 50s​
30​
Goal Assists​
2​
10​
Frees For​
Frees Against​
9​
Contested Possessions​
48​
66​
Uncontested Possessions​
81​
Effective Disposals​
65.3%
Disposal Efficiency %​
65.2%​
Clangers​
25​
Contested Marks​
1​
7​
Marks Inside 50​
4​
Clearances​
4​
3​
Rebound 50s​
14​
One Percenters​
Bounces​
0​
913​
Time On Ground %​
1​
Centre Clearances​
1​
3​
Stoppage Clearances​
3​
47​
Score Involvements​
Metres Gained​
2416​
29​
Turnovers​
17​
Intercepts​
That's impressive improvement given how bad we are this season.

Junior has more improvement and has potential to be a B to A grader. Mansell will be nothing, but a handy C+ role player and they're still needed until better comes along.
Yeah “potential”. There have been thousands of players that have or had “potential” . I’ll wait until he actually delivers on it.
He still comes back out of shape 4 years after being drafted. Then takes another month or two to get fitness. The penny better drop damn quick.

If that’s a big improvement over Mansell people are deluded.
2 decent games and people think he’s gonna be something. Spare me. Fumbles, terrible kick that usually only goes 30metres, all of a sudden people want him in the midfield. If he can ever pick it up.

2024 Games Log for Maurice Rioli (Richmond Tigers)​
DescriptionDateOpponentResultKHBDMGBTHOGAI50CLCGR50FFFAAFSC
Round 9​
May 11​
5​
4​
9​
0​
1​
1​
2​
0​
0​
0​
0​
4​
1​
1​
2​
33​
33​
Round 8​
May 5​
5​
3​
8​
1​
0​
0​
1​
0​
0​
2​
0​
6​
1​
0​
2​
22​
25​
Round 7​
Apr 24​
10​
4​
14​
7​
2​
2​
4​
0​
0​
3​
0​
1​
1​
0​
0​
89​
96​
Round 5​
Apr 14​
7​
2​
9​
4​
1​
1​
1​
0​
0​
3​
0​
4​
0​
0​
1​
45​
39​
Round 4​
Apr 7​
6​
2​
8​
1​
2​
0​
4​
0​
0​
2​
0​
1​
0​
2​
1​
52​
64​
Round 3​
Mar 31​
9​
8​
17​
2​
0​
1​
6​
0​
0​
1​
1​
2​
0​
2​
0​
76​
79​
Round 1​
Mar 14​
1​
3​
4​
1​
1​
0​
5​
0​
0​
0​
0​
2​
0​
1​
1​
36​
55​
Round 0​
Mar 9​
Suns
3​
4​
7​
1​
0​
1​
2​
0​
2​
0​
0​
0​
0​
1​
0​
30​
46​

Number one thing is club needs too invest in the footy department. To many standards dropped. Conditioning and medical is a mess , we need some quality assistant coaches around Yze and invest in recruitment. Big clean out needed on and off field hard calls.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Number one thing is club needs too invest in the footy department. To many standards dropped. Conditioning and medical is a mess , we need some quality assistant coaches around Yze and invest in recruitment. Big clean out needed on and off field hard calls.
I and many others have said this so many times.

How would any of us know how good or bad our assistant coaches are? On what are you basing that judgement?

We have just invested on recruitment, we have a new recruitment head !!

I and many others have said this so many times.

How would any of us know how good or bad our assistant coaches are? On what are you basing that judgement?

We have just invested on recruitment, we have a new recruitment head !!
It's need freshen up the assistant coaches Rutten hasn't been bad in defence, but the rest not sold on. Like I said bring the best around Yze. Look what happened in 2017 when we got the best around Dimma. First one I will promote is Morris.

Yes we hired Chris Toce, but were going to have good picks next couple of years beef it up.

My concern is the decision to tell Balme this is his last year. He wanted to stay on. His experience and cool head is what our football department needs because since Blair and Livingstone took over their has been some questionable decisions.

I still think it’s hard to judge yze on his first season at the club , so many injuries , stars passed it , kids not improving as we’d like , lots of genuine reasons we are where we are , however could have Yze done more to improve the things above ? My 2 concerns still on this season , is I’m not sure the style of footy we are trying to play and if it is the long into the forward line , we’ll fac5 is we don’t have the cattle for that , Lynch never plays and our smalls are rarely first to the crumb . My other question is anyone improving? Two players I had huge doubts on are the 2 positives for me in MJ and Miller and both are just roll players , kids have shown some natural improvement, however where are the “ re invents , everyone seems to be just playing in the same old positions, yes Balta was tried forward , which I can understand, however I still think that was a mistake.

Bottom line wins and losses aren’t the issue this season , though I want to see signs that we are heading in the right direction come seasons end.

Reactions: 3 users
We wont know if he can coach until he has a list that is competitive at afl level we currently have a bottom 4 list

Reactions: 2 users

Looks like he wants a win clearance/stoppage type game and kick long to contest. Fair enough, we’ve had loads of injuries, but it’s not solely that.

A few observations over the season:

- We’ve been too badly beaten at centre clearance with opposition also having far too many super clean clearances. No defence can adequately defend that.
- Even when Hopper & Prestia come back, quality midfielders that can win and use the ball & gut run both ways have to be drafting focus.
- We do better in around ground stoppage but that’s generally due to pushing more players to the contest. Then if/when we win the ball, it’s a long scramble disposal out of that area to outnumber situations as opposition now sit back off us (like Hardwick used to have us do on the turnover model). We don’t spread and link out of stoppage. Opposition then expose our stoppage outnumber and kill us on turnover, especially if they have good kicking skills. We’re basically being beaten by how we used to play at our peak.
- The move the ball forward/turnover/pressure/movement model we had at our best has been lost. Replaced by static model - horrendous to watch on Saturday and in big losses throughout the season.
- Throw in a number of players that are simply average AFL standard with deficiencies (Dow, Cumberland, Mansell, Sonsie etc), general lack of leg speed and lack of kicking skills and here we are.

Last 9 games will be an interesting watch. First thing I’d like to see is invest in younger players that do bring quality - McAuliffe, Smith, Campbell etc - if they tire in game, sub them off or manage via rotation. For example, McAuliffe for 20 mins each week is a waste. May as well go back to VFL & develop tank.

Get back to encouraging the team to play with dare. No more outlet kick to a back pocket from point kick ins and then just a long up the line for example. Encourage more movement and kick to advantage.

It’s been a hard watch so far.

We wont know if he can coach until he has a list that is competitive at afl level we currently have a bottom 4 list
I often wonder about this, in 2016 we had crap list and needed to do yet another rebuild apparently, but in 2017 we had a premiership list, and then won 3 out of 4.

Was our list *smile*, or was the coach *smile*?

Im not saying Yze is *smile* and our list is great, just saying i dont think we should be a *smile* as we are, and maybe Yze isnt doing that well.

Yeah “potential”. There have been thousands of players that have or had “potential” . I’ll wait until he actually delivers on it.
He still comes back out of shape 4 years after being drafted. Then takes another month or two to get fitness. The penny better drop damn quick.

If that’s a big improvement over Mansell people are deluded.
2 decent games and people think he’s gonna be something. Spare me. Fumbles, terrible kick that usually only goes 30metres, all of a sudden people want him in the midfield. If he can ever pick it up.

2024 Games Log for Maurice Rioli (Richmond Tigers)​
DescriptionDateOpponentResultKHBDMGBTHOGAI50CLCGR50FFFAAFSC
Round 9​
May 11​
5​
4​
9​
0​
1​
1​
2​
0​
0​
0​
0​
4​
1​
1​
2​
33​
33​
Round 8​
May 5​
5​
3​
8​
1​
0​
0​
1​
0​
0​
2​
0​
6​
1​
0​
2​
22​
25​
Round 7​
Apr 24​
10​
4​
14​
7​
2​
2​
4​
0​
0​
3​
0​
1​
1​
0​
0​
89​
96​
Round 5​
Apr 14​
7​
2​
9​
4​
1​
1​
1​
0​
0​
3​
0​
4​
0​
0​
1​
45​
39​
Round 4​
Apr 7​
6​
2​
8​
1​
2​
0​
4​
0​
0​
2​
0​
1​
0​
2​
1​
52​
64​
Round 3​
Mar 31​
9​
8​
17​
2​
0​
1​
6​
0​
0​
1​
1​
2​
0​
2​
0​
76​
79​
Round 1​
Mar 14​
1​
3​
4​
1​
1​
0​
5​
0​
0​
0​
0​
2​
0​
1​
1​
36​
55​
Round 0​
Mar 9​
Suns
3​
4​
7​
1​
0​
1​
2​
0​
2​
0​
0​
0​
0​
1​
0​
30​
46​
You're still clutching at straws with a small sample pool of stats Willo. Leave it to the eyes as my eyes clearly tell me Mansell has reached his ceiling whilst Junior is still developing

He has to rely on the list management to build a competitive list first and then his job is to extract the best out of them to Gel into a great team. ATM he’s got his work cut out as we are closer to wooden spoon material

He has to rely on the list management to build a competitive list first and then his job is to extract the best out of them to Gel into a great team. ATM he’s got his work cut out as we are closer to wooden spoon material
Yep and unlike Hardwick he doesn’t have a Rance, Edwards, Cotchin and Jack on the list.

You're still clutching at straws with a small sample pool of stats Willo. Leave it to the eyes as my eyes clearly tell me Mansell has reached his ceiling whilst Junior is still developing
Well that’s only an opinion for the time being.
I hope MRJ proves me wrong and start to execute the basics a lot better than he has up to now. The fact is, he hasn’t yet.

Here’s a questions for you regarding MRJ. If you care to answer! I’d be interest3d in how you view him.

Do you believe he’s a good accurate kick?
Do you believe he can consistently kick it over 35m with any accuracy?
Do you think he’s a good kick for goal?
What distance is his limit when kicking for goal?
Do you think he has good hand skills, picking the ball up cleanly?
How do you rate his overhead marking?
Or his marking in general?
How do you rank his hand balling skills a long or short distances?
How do rate his footy iq?