Adem Yze | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Adem Yze

I’m sure he can coach. But right now there is no discernible game style or system for us supporters to hold onto. The stagnant mark, go back, kick to a contest and general slow ball movement isnt fun to watch. I can only assume this isn’t the preferred game style but rather one we have while we put the pieces of the puzzle together.

*We turned up listless.*

Didn't we! In the twos, too.

Punters would have noticed on Friday that our odds for the game drifted from $2.50 to $2.80.

Bookies have information. Those drifts don't just happen.

We drifted. We were listless. Across the board.

2 + 2 looks like 4.

Reactions: 1 user
Agreed, though it would have been nice to be in the game for a much longer period of time!

We just couldn't match their pressure or out work it.
There was too much hype; they built it up way too much. I got caught up in it, thinking they had a chance. It's going to take a few years, as it always does. Look at the Hawks, only really showing potential this year. We all need to hang in there and hopefully secure some early picks and the occasional hidden gem before Tassie comes knocking.

Can he coach? Maybe, let's see.

Is he coach? Yep, so let's back him in and give the first year coach a shot.

Reactions: 1 users
There was too much hype; they built it up way too much. I got caught up in it, thinking they had a chance. It's going to take a few years, as it always does. Look at the Hawks, only really showing potential this year. We all need to hang in there and hopefully secure some early picks and the occasional hidden gem before Tassie comes knocking.
From Dusty’s comments after the game, I think the hype overwhelmed even him a little.

You still haven't answered my question of the 14 players. How many performed ?.

Effort , chasing, and intensity are not on coaching. That's on the players
Skill level and brain fades by senior players are on individuals
Look at the hawks how hungry they we're and their work rate.

That's the picture in a nutshell.

Your dilution big time and don't understand we're this team is at now.
Yep
Kicked down the line all night
And you think I delusional, really ?
I wasn’t the one that turned up first day at work with not one but two camels
🐪
Seriously mate , have a rest !!!

Can he coach? Maybe, let's see.

Is he coach? Yep, so let's back him in and give the first year coach a shot.
For him to continue , need to get rid the following
Ruttern , Teague and Ziebel
Totally disagree with the rubbish about not trying to get front spot at stoppages
Clubs reply was the game is not played out the outside 😂😂😂😂

You cannot play that style of game with Sonsie, Brown, Cumberland, Short, Dow and Kosi as they’re all bruise free footballers . If your idea is right then he is barking up the wrong tree because he is losing it at selection.
But by playing them you give them the opportunity to prove weather they deserve to be on the list going forward. Get given an opportunity to preform to the standard and style the coach requires or see ya latter, nothing worse than seeing kids cut that never got given a run and wondering why.

*We turned up listless.*

Didn't we! In the twos, too.

Punters would have noticed on Friday that our odds for the game drifted from $2.50 to $2.80.

Bookies have information. Those drifts don't just happen.

We drifted. We were listless. Across the board.

2 + 2 looks like 4.
Wonder if it was a virus / sickness or data/ verbal leak that the bookies got hold of.

I thought yesterday was as poor as we’ve been all year. Ball movement was so slow. Defensive running was blokes picking and choosing. Senior players setting poor examples. Chasing kicks. I reckon we lack leadership right now excluding Taranto and Nank at times. Nank wasn’t pushing back hard yesterday at times but grinned into it.

Reactions: 2 users
Yep
Kicked down the line all night
And you think I delusional, really ?
I wasn’t the one that turned up first day at work with not one but two camels
🐪
Seriously mate , have a rest !!!
Again you can't answer the question just divert from the point . Shows me alot about your football IQ.

Wonder if it was a virus / sickness or data/ verbal leak that the bookies got hold of.

I thought yesterday was as poor as we’ve been all year. Ball movement was so slow. Defensive running was blokes picking and choosing. Senior players setting poor examples. Chasing kicks. I reckon we lack leadership right now excluding Taranto and Nank at times. Nank wasn’t pushing back hard yesterday at times but grinned into it.
Yep, we looked flat.

Where was all the people the week before we won against the crows lol ?. So fickle.

Reactions: 1 user
Where was all the people the week before we won against the crows lol ?. So fickle.
If memory serves, we barely scraped home against another bottom arsed team. This week we had the Dusty hype n played against a team in mid rebuild n got reamed. Nothing fickle at all about being pissed off about some constantly recurring system n structure failings that long term fans see within our game. Even allowing for our injury concerns this year we've been pathetic in various games and rigid in our game system failures that we are constantly still utilising from our premiership years. While not quite as disastrous as our injury run this year, both Carlscum n Colonwood have been hit by constant injuries yet are performing way beyond anything we've dream't of achieving this year.

Reactions: 3 users
If memory serves, we barely scraped home against another bottom arsed team. This week we had the Dusty hype n played against a team in mid rebuild n got reamed. Nothing fickle at all about being pissed off about some constantly recurring system n structure failings that long term fans see within our game. Even allowing for our injury concerns this year we've been pathetic in various games and rigid in our game system failures that we are constantly still utilising from our premiership years. While not quite as disastrous as our injury run this year, both Carlscum n Colonwood have been hit by constant injuries yet are performing way beyond anything we've dream't of achieving this year.
How can you put us in the conversation as the pies and blues ?. Where in a rejuvenation period their challenging for finals and flag. Like I said where is the blow torch on our senior group 14 of them out there yesterday and how many turned up. More then enough to be competitive we should have been.

Reactions: 1 users
I have stayed away because I knew what this site would be like but my take on last night is slightly different. Note, I was there watching live.
I can’t question commitment, our players chased hard for most of the game. I noticed a lot of gut running to close down space to put on as much pressure as possible. Early in the game we were well in it but they were clean and we weren’t, that was the only difference.
The hawks were very impressive. Their delivery by foot, and there linking when running was first class, ours wasn’t. We had a lot of nearly moments but we are not instinctive. They have a lot of players who have been there in their rebuild but create that instinctive play making, we don’t.
So many times they hit targets that were hard to hit and we need to find players who can do the same.
I just didn’t see the softness and lack of effort some saw. Live at the ground I saw everyone busting a gut but chasing tail and playing against a team that is now very well drilled and pretty highly skilled.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users