Adem Yze | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Adem Yze

Can Yze coach?
We won’t find out this year as we’re just not good enough were carrying many old stars and young players not up to it
we’re going to finish bottom 3 and get some handy players coming in
We’ll have to wait for 2025 to see if Yze can coach and develop a winning team

Reactions: 1 user
Yep. A first year coach should never try to instil a long-term framework in the heat of battle, especially now we are a red-hot chance for top four.

It is unsurprising that the person who has wanted us to bottom out since 2017 is ecstatic with the coaching that is delivering that.

I get it.

You are having the season you've always wanted. Yze is giving you that.

I'm not certain the aim of coaching is to lose games.

I understand that we are injury ravaged. I understand that we are transitioning out stars.

That is no excuse for some of the management and development decisions made in the last few weeks.

Or that our game plan that supposedly relies on 'winning the stoppage and precise kicking' seems to revolve around things like concreting Thomson Dow onto the team sheet, a player who can't do either, while going with a team wide permanent modus operandi of kicking long down the line and eschewing targets down the centre, and refusing to set up with multiple tall forwards.

It's a dog's breakfast.

It may come together over the next few years. At the moment, it's poor performance. You can't use faith to deny reality. You can acknowledge both a horrible performance today, and have optimism for the future. The latter requires faith, and the former requires eyes.
You’re upset that Dusty didn’t get his win.

Yes.

As should the whole club be.

But you've never understood the romance of football.

Reactions: 1 user
I understand the frustration, I even share the frustration.

But all the talk of Yze needing to make some moves. What is he going to do? Maybe move Cumbo into the middle, yeah that would be good :rolleyes: or someone else, ok, who?

I get the frustration about not bringing McAuliffe on earlier, but they are clearly giving restricted game time to him as he is a first year player and not fit enough to run out games. If he puts McAuliffe on earlier and we get an injury the melts would be prodigious around here.

The selection of Dow certainly frustrates me. But, they are getting games into Dow to see what he has and, anyway, who the hell do you replace him with? Don't say McAuliffe as he doesn't have the fitness to be a mid for a whole game.

The reality is we chased the Hawks all day today and that is very taxing and we are not a very fit team. Yze can have all the ideas in the world but it is the players who need to implement them.

The first thing I would like to see is more movement around the ground, more presenting, more looking for a short pass (and not expecting it to be kicked on your head, you must move to receive the ball). Surely that can be tried. There is little point having a game plan to win the ball at the contest and then have no-one to kick it to - I don't know, maybe that is step 2 and we are just trying to win the ball first.

DS

Reactions: 9 users
You blaming Yze. Tell about the 14 senior players out there not enough to be competitive ?. Lucky 2 we're average the rest coasting around, no intensity or costly mistakes. That's who the blow torch should be on.
Suggest you blow torch yourself and watch the game
Poorly coached
Didn’t try and kick around the zones all night
That’s the coaches fault
Players don’t suggest the game plan champ
Take the “ unbiased “ point of view
Look at other clubs
Look at how Sam Mitchell coached against us
You will then get the picture

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
It is unsurprising that the person who has wanted us to bottom out since 2017 is ecstatic with the coaching that is delivering that.

I get it.

You are having the season you've always wanted. Yze is giving you that.

Lol this is your considered, reasoned response? Maybe return to this topic when you are less upset?

Last edited:
I understand the frustration, I even share the frustration.

But all the talk of Yze needing to make some moves. What is he going to do? Maybe move Cumbo into the middle, yeah that would be good :rolleyes: or someone else, ok, who?

I get the frustration about not bringing McAuliffe on earlier, but they are clearly giving restricted game time to him as he is a first year player and not fit enough to run out games. If he puts McAuliffe on earlier and we get an injury the melts would be prodigious around here.

The selection of Dow certainly frustrates me. But, they are getting games into Dow to see what he has and, anyway, who the hell do you replace him with? Don't say McAuliffe as he doesn't have the fitness to be a mid for a whole game.

The reality is we chased the Hawks all day today and that is very taxing and we are not a very fit team. Yze can have all the ideas in the world but it is the players who need to implement them.

The first thing I would like to see is more movement around the ground, more presenting, more looking for a short pass (and not expecting it to be kicked on your head, you must move to receive the ball). Surely that can be tried. There is little point having a game plan to win the ball at the contest and then have no-one to kick it to - I don't know, maybe that is step 2 and we are just trying to win the ball first.

DS

Indeed.

Those lamenting Dow’s continued presence in the midfield need to look at the injury list first, then the list as a whole.

Yze was sold a lemon, an absolute *smile* of a list.

Dimma wanted another flag, we all did. But we sold the farm for two contested bulls, only one of which is delivering on the park.

Prestia is done, McAuliffe is a child, Ross is VFL (folks need to accept that)

Did anyone stop to consider that Dow is one of the only pure, able-bodied mids we have?

“Oh, Bolton, Baker and Martin should be in there.”

Bolton isn’t a mid. He gets three clearances then gets sat on. Further, as a moonlighter he doesn’t really embrace the contest method, play after play, that Yze would be looking for.

Baker isn’t a mid. Martin, as we all know, is cooked.

Our midfield roster is appalling considering the type of midfield I think Yze wants.

And so over in this corner we have Coburg and Stig lifting the pitchforks with a hundred other ferals and laying into our first-year coach and asking why he hasn’t made lemonade from rancid cow pats.

Never change, PRE

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users
It seems to me that the club needs to sack the marking coaches as they clearly do not have a clue(teaching Ryan to go up one handed speaks for it self}
ATM only two players put their bodies on the line.Baker and Kmac.

50 points scored on a good track? Lynch,Martin back in? We scored more with only Cumbo!

Playing as a team is gone.There is clearly a disconnect.

Does Yze actually get angry or in this WOKE world is he not allowed to?

One would really have thought that with Dustys 300th all and sundry would have gone in boots and all,rather than the most feeble effort in a long time.The cattle may not be there,but FFS give them a prod.

Indeed.

Those lamenting Dow’s continued presence in the midfield need to look at the injury list first, then the list as a whole.

Yze was sold a lemon, an absolute *smile* of a list.

Dimma wanted another flag, we all did. But we sold the farm for two contested bulls, only one of which is delivering on the park.

Did anyone stop to consider that Dow is one of the only pure, able-bodied mids we have?

“Oh, Bolton, Baker and Martin should be in there.”

Bolton isn’t a mid. He gets three clearances then gets sat on. Further, as a moonlighter he doesn’t really embrace the contest method, play after play, that Yze would be looking for.

Baker isn’t a mid. Martin, as we all know, is cooked.

Our midfield roster is appalling considering the type of midfield I think Yze wants.

And so over in this corner we have Coburg and Stig lifting the pitchforks with a hundred other ferals and laying into our first-year coach and asking why he hasn’t made lemonade from rancid cow pats.

Never change, PRE
Lol
Stop hiding behind injuries
It’s the way you play
We are playing rubbish
Kicking down the line continuously isn’t a game plan
Too many on PRE have fallen in love with players who simply ain’t up to it
Hawthorns younger players just pushed past our so called “ young guns “
As for Chol kicking 4 goals
I think that sums up Richmond to be honest
I looked at the game unbiased
I love Richmond
Those who know me know I bleed Richmond
For those who look at the game biased . Good luck to you
Watching footy like this each week must be torture
Cheers

It seems to me that the club needs to sack the marking coaches as they clearly do not have a clue(teaching Ryan to go up one handed speaks for it self}
ATM only two players put their bodies on the line.Baker and Kmac.

50 points scored on a good track? Lynch,Martin back in? We scored more with only Cumbo!

Playing as a team is gone.There is clearly a disconnect.

Does Yze actually get angry or in this WOKE world is he not allowed to?

One would really have thought that with Dustys 300th all and sundry would have gone in boots and all,rather than the most feeble effort in a long time.The cattle may not be there,but FFS give them a prod.
Chol kicked half of “ our “ score
Lol
Don’t let facts get in the way
😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Lol
Stop hiding behind injuries
It’s the way you play
We are playing rubbish
Kicking down the line continuously isn’t a game plan
Too many on PRE have fallen in love with players who simply ain’t up to it
Hawthorns younger players just pushed past our so called “ young guns “
As for Chol kicking 4 goals
I think that sums up Richmond to be honest
I looked at the game unbiased
I love Richmond
Those who know me know I bleed Richmond
For those who look at the game biased . Good luck to you
Watching footy like this each week must be torture
Cheers
Ralphsmith has been really good.
He is the only 1 busting his ass chasing.
He was 3 vs 1 on the wing yesterday and he almost got the ball.

Reactions: 8 users
Sonzie , dow Graham ain't the future
Bottom out and get elite midfield talent
To replace these nothing midfielders

Reactions: 2 users

Poor Jack Ross copping strays in the Yze thread?

Still way too early to judge Yze and the coaching panel. He gets another year to bed in a game style, train the kids up, cycle the oldies out.

We won't have another injury stricken season like this again will we?

Poor Jack Ross copping strays in the Yze thread?

Still way too early to judge Yze and the coaching panel. He gets another year to bed in a game style, train the kids up, cycle the oldies out.

We won't have another injury stricken season like this again will we?
Heh Ross didn’t deserve the drive-by

But yes, at least another off-season for Yze, probably two. He won’t get that on PRE of course

• Love