Adem Yze | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Adem Yze

The jury still out but has anyone seen any improvement in our style, players performance, game plan, skill level etc gunna be a long road back.

Reactions: 1 users
1 minute we are going 100kph then the next bit of play we slow down to a crawl.
How hard is it..
Yze should watch how MrSmiley makes a group of duds look like world beaters.
There's kids getting games that have no appetite for the contest.
We have 5 or 6 that just don't commit to stopping the opposition.
If Vaulstin or Balta don't hit them we have no chance.
Who ever plays on Short hits the score board. Or causes the over lap

The jury still out but has anyone seen any improvement in our style, players performance, game plan, skill level etc gunna be a long road back.
Zero
There is nothing innovative
Low scores most weeks prove that

Reactions: 1 user

It is not only a matter of training the players in a completely new style, but getting the right players for that preferred style.

What we want is the next Clayton Oliver and Christian Petracca.

That’s not me talking, that’s the template I think Yze will outline to Blair in the off-season if he hasn’t already.

Prestia is cooked, Taranto has been brave but interrupted and Hopper has been an injury disaster.

There’s the engine room Yze desperately needed in Year 1.

Up in smoke.

Do not judge this man yet, it is utter madness.

Reactions: 10 users
MY biggest question mark on Yze and the match committee is this adherence to playing Dow every game all game he's a spud and is costing McAuliffe critical game time.

The use of the sub has been arse especially the debuting of the kids having to fly their families from one side of the country to the other so they can watch them sit on the bench all game has been shittful to be quite honest.

As for game plan I'm not seeing any real evidence of one to be honest.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
1 minute we are going 100kph then the next bit of play we slow down to a crawl.
How hard is it..
Yze should watch how MrSmiley makes a group of duds look like world beaters.
There's kids getting games that have no appetite for the contest.
We have 5 or 6 that just don't commit to stopping the opposition.
If Vaulstin or Balta don't hit them we have no chance.
Who ever plays on Short hits the score board. Or causes the over lap
You forgot about Miller, I know Shorty has been terrible this year, but he aint on his own. Our premiership heroes Vlas and Broad haven't helped.

Reactions: 1 user
Ooze said Hopper was knocking on the door to get him in, so he'll be ready for Cartoon in 2 weeks.

Reactions: 2 users
We’re back to our 5-6 goals per game.
Ball movement is terrible

42 inside 50,s for 6 goals
Pathetic to be honest
Give YZE a tip
Forget about the rubbish drills at training and suggest you practise “ coast to coast “ against a stopwatch
We are slow in transition and repeatedly kick to a contest
It’s not 2015 YZE
Hawks very good tonight against a poorly coached team
How Chol can kick 4 says enough
Agree they were very good defensively but our use of it coming forward was choppy and hesitant.
Yes Chol 3 times I think was out the back got the easy one, other time was a great chase.
Scrimshaw and Sicily were fantastic over-head, our blokes were nowhere bear good enough. Both the style
Of the entry and Cumbo etc totally outclassed. But geez they got numbers back well.
They are now in a zone and a very good hard-working team

42 inside 50,s for 6 goals
Pathetic to be honest
Give YZE a tip
Forget about the rubbish drills at training and suggest you practise “ coast to coast “ against a stopwatch
We are slow in transition and repeatedly kick to a contest
It’s not 2015 YZE
Hawks very good tonight against a poorly coached team
How Chol can kick 4 says enough
You blaming Yze. Tell about the 14 senior players out there not enough to be competitive ?. Lucky 2 we're average the rest coasting around, no intensity or costly mistakes. That's who the blow torch should be on.

Reactions: 2 users
Agree they were very good defensively but our use of it coming forward was choppy and hesitant.
Yes Chol 3 times I think was out the back got the easy one, other time was a great chase.
Scrimshaw and Sicily were fantastic over-head, our blokes were nowhere bear good enough. Both the style
Of the entry and Cumbo etc totally outclassed. But geez they got numbers back well.
They are now in a zone and a very good hard-working team
Your last sentence summed it up hard working team what we're we today especially our senior blokes ?.

We’re back to our 5-6 goals per game.
Ball movement is terrible
There simply is no over lap run and no running to space and no presenting on a lead.
This is modern football 101 and we dont do it.
It is laziness and lack of system and structure.
Yze can have some slack due to injuries and poor list balance...but at present we look like Richmond of the 1990s...very poor.
I am not convinced about Yze.
We need
1Hard running players
2 Draft tallent
3 System and structure.
4 Hard at it players.
Some ie Sonsie Dow Mansell Graham and more...need replacing.

I hope we smash the draft...we will need to.

Im apologising to the great man today. Yes it was not his best game, but the team overall, meh. As Whitney would say, I will always love you.

There are a lot of valid excuses for this year, but not so much today as we have Lynch and Taranto back, which helps our forward structure and midfield competitiveness.

Yet we didn't compete. The team should have been motivated today, yet played dead. And there was no attempt to change or improve the way we move the ball.

Accountability and game plan ultimately lie with the coach. Yze failed on both counts today.

There are a lot of valid excuses for this year, but not so much today as we have Lynch and Taranto back, which helps our forward structure and midfield competitiveness.

Yet we didn't compete. The team should have been motivated today, yet played dead. And there was no attempt to change or improve the way we move the ball.

Accountability and game plan ultimately lie with the coach. Yze failed on both counts today.
Frankly I don’t enjoy milestone games. Some players like them, some don’t. Almost all find them emotionally draining.

Takes away from the week-to-week repetition of preparation, drilling, game plan. Puts players in a weird emotional space that is anything but clinical.

Yeah we had some players back but the season is shot and the club’s storied executive leadership is disintegrating before its eyes.

It’s transition time and this list is in free fall.

Adelaide were particularly bad last week and I don’t expect Nicks to last long.

We may pick up another couple wins but I also expect North to beat us.

Yze and Blair will renovate the list ahead of 2025. Slow game, long game. This will take time.