Adem Yze | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Adem Yze

The problem is not with Yze.

It is later than some of the young blokes think.

Put bluntly, it's time to P1ss or get off the pot.

I imagine all of us have dealt with the consequences of

1. Not being able to meet expectations individually or as a group
2. Expectations needing to be reset

To me this is what Yze is dealing with right now.

He would have been selling 'anything is possible / no ceiling' dream of finals and then let's see what happens and it has now turned into 'let's build for the future, give young players opportunities and have senior players show them what is needed to be successful in terms of preparation and effort'.

The consequence of this reset is the classic depression loop - denial. anger, bargaining, grief, acceptance

Internal talk of game plan blaming is classic bargaining behaviour. And to be expected. We've seen some anger with dumb 50m and frees and some grief with lack of effort.

If he can get through this with most players in 2-3 weeks that would be pretty impressive. Not sure anyone gets a group through this inside a season without a dramatic impact on performance and effort. If we get stuck in those middle phases the 100 point losses will continue.

The end of 2016 would have been a collective leadership group thinking through the grief phase - i.e. we are never going to win - accepting it and then saying our new objective is making sure daniel rioli can win it. Or I'm leaving for greener pastures.... (acceptance).. who would have thunk what would happen next but that acceptance phase let the group move on and have purpose again.

I'm basically reflecting my own personal experiences and seeing teams / groups go through this as well. It takes a few weeks if handled well. i.e. they should be actively talking through these stages with the team so everyone can context their experience.

Hopefully Yze has some good mental health help. This is currently both a talent issue but also mental issue.
Hopefully YZE can find a game plan that works as current game plan of kicking the ball back to the opposition doesn’t!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Nice one Carter. It basically reveals how little some posters think or know about football. Take the equivalent players out of any side and watch them struggle like we are. Stig must have some sort of personal beef with Yze. Or is plain miserable.

How is the greatest coach of the modern era going at North? And he is not dealing with any sort of injury crisis I am aware of.

It's not like we are missing a couple of half back flankers and a forward pocket.

Leigh Matthews always says great players make great coaches.
Obviously you have little idea about how the game is played
I have no personal beef nor am I miserable
BUT to have 19 goals scored against on turnover indicates that YZE and his assistants have little idea
19 goals
We kicked 6 goals
But gave them 19
Think about that for a minute champ
And don’t have a crack at me
Don’t blame Prestia , Martin , Bolton or Dow for standing behind the direct opponents at centre clearances and stoppages , why ?
There instructed to play that way
Got flogged on Saturday night
Blame the coaches !!
MD JAZZ
Hopefully you can read

I agree with Kanes comments about Yze not demanding more and setting higher standards for the playing group. Effort is non-negotiable.

Once the rot sets in it's hard to get out of it.

Reactions: 3 users
I agree with Kanes comments about Yze not demanding more and setting higher standards for the playing group. Effort is non-negotiable.

Can you let the rest of us know how you, and Kane, know what Yze is demanding of the playing group?

or are you both just basing assumptions of press conferences?

Reactions: 5 users
Can you let the rest of us know how you, and Kane, know what Yze is demanding of the playing group?

YEP Totally agree.

Give Ouzo a full fit list and lm sure we would be winning a few more games .

Reactions: 3 users

If he's demanding it they sure as *smile* aren't showing it in terms of effort.

19 goals scored against on turnovers suggest he ain’t demanding to much from the playing group!

Reactions: 1 users

You said it effort is non negotiable. If a coach needs to remind players about effort that's on them no one else. The kids are showing effort correct.

Seriously all this talk is madness. Yze is our coach and will be for the next 2-3 years minimum and we can post as much as we like and it won’t change it.
Judge him over time and in the meantime let’s get to the footy and support our team!!
Of course he is making mistakes but the true judge of a rookie coach is not whether he makes mistakes or not, because they all do, it’s whether they learn and grow. That judgement is a long way off, not now.
I’m pretty sure our 3 time premiership coach made a few mistakes early on. He had a similar record in the first half of his first season also. In fact Dimma freely admits he made errors, including an admission that he coached really badly in 2016.
FFS give the guy a chance

Last edited:
Reactions: 13 users