Adem Yze | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Adem Yze

I think we had 4 VFL debutantes this week, that's quite a significant injection of inexperience.

That's what we're dealing with.
I think we're stating the same point. Yes, inexperience and lack of cohesion means you can expect the vfl and afl team to be uncompetitive at times.

He might know how to coach but some at the club seem not to like him and therefore not preforming for him.
You might not get the ball but you can chase, you can pressure. You can contribute.
Alot aren't. If they don't mend relationships, we will lose good players.
Not sure the game plan is the biggest issue, we just haven't got a preforming group.
I will like to see him unleash and if he dosent get a response. It might be over sooner then later.
We have 10 senior blokes all out of form & that's not good enough.
What's happened to the creativity of Short?
What's Bolton's problem?
Miller and Young aren't improving?
Rioli looks like a bloke that knows his future is secure regardless how he plays.

I never ever thought we would become WC but we have and we have gone past them.
He needs to resolve this ASAP.

Reactions: 1 users
He might know how to coach but some at the club seem not to like him and therefore not preforming for him.
You might not get the ball but you can chase, you can pressure. You can contribute.
Alot aren't. If they don't mend relationships, we will lose good players.
Not sure the game plan is the biggest issue, we just haven't got a preforming group.
I will like to see him unleash and if he dosent get a response. It might be over sooner then later.
We have 10 senior blokes all out of form & that's not good enough.
What's happened to the creativity of Short?
What's Bolton's problem?
Miller and Young aren't improving?
Rioli looks like a bloke that knows his future is secure regardless how he plays.

I never ever thought we would become WC but we have and we have gone past them.
He needs to resolve this ASAP.
Damage already done.

I think its too early to tell given the level of injury, though he is loosing the PR war. IMO he is a little soft on the players i would like to see a little more honesty in the comments surely he can be happy with the level of effort

Damage already done.
Sam Edmund reported on SEN of some internal issues the players have with the game plan, trying to replicate Dees without having the personnel to do it and it almost ensuring they are uncompetitive.
Take all this with a grain of salt but there is probably a fair bit of truth to it.
Rookie coaches always make these mistakes. Will need to sort it out this week because if he does lose the players he may as well hand in his resignation.

Reactions: 2 users
I think it’s too early to tell given the level of injury, though he is loosing the PR war. IMO he is a little soft on the players i would like to see a little more honesty in the comments surely he can be happy with the level of effort
Would like to see some others shoulder the PR load. Livingston, Hartley, Prez

Reactions: 4 users
Reported by Tom Morris that there’s internal confusion dissent re Yze game plan
Which is about ball movement it involves kick it long down the line to a pack That’s the way he wants to play like
IMO I’m seeing the same Dimma style of trying to get as many back as possible run the ball out to a small forward line and scrounge a few goals
If Livingstone and whoever else was on the coaching selection panel didn’t agree with Yze game plan then why the *smile* did they give him the job?
What I’d like to see is Livingstone to *smile* off out of the coaches box and be in the background I want Newman Teague Ziebell Rutten next to Yze discussing tactics making moves etc
I’d also like to see the most senior of Yze assistant wearing the headsets in the coaches box at times and Yze down on the boundary getting involved as players come on and off the ground
What I am seeing is Yze playing with his pen like he’s the assistant that fronts press conference to explain what’s going on when he’s not the one in charge

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Sam Edmund reported on SEN of some internal issues the players have with the game plan, trying to replicate Dees without having the personnel to do l it almost ensuring they are uncompetitive.
Take all this with a grain of salt but there is probably a fair bit of truth to it.
Rookie coaches always make these mistakes. Will need to sort it out this week because if he does lose the players he may as well hand in his resignation.
This might be true because there was a game Bolton was cemented to the foward line and when Yze was asked about it, he said that it was part of the game plan.
Which didn't make much sense we were setting slapped..
I've said it many times it doesn't take much to start to derail your season.
Collingwood lose 3 games by 4 points, they aren't the same happy club.
What happened at qtr time of the west coast game because till that point we were playing with heart.

Livingstone and Hartley shouldn’t front media
Should be Prez Gale Yze Newman Ziebell Teague Rutten
Livingstone and Hartley are joint running the footy department they shouldn't escape criticism bigtime

Livingstone and Hartley shouldn’t front media
Should be Prez Gale Yze Newman Ziebell Teague Rutten
Livingstone and Hartley are joint running the footy department they shouldn't escape criticism bigtime
Reported by Tom Morris that there’s internal confusion dissent re Yze game plan
Which is about ball movement it involves kick it long down the line to a pack That’s the way he wants to play like
IMO I’m seeing the same Dimma style of trying to get as many back as possible run the ball out to a small forward line and scrounge a few goals
If Livingstone and whoever else was on the coaching selection panel didn’t agree with Yze game plan then why the *smile* did they give him the job?
What I’d like to see is Livingstone to *smile* off out of the coaches box and be in the background I want Newman Teague Ziebell Rutten next to Yze discussing tactics making moves etc
I’d also like to see the most senior of Yze assistant wearing the headrests in the coaches box at times and Yze down on the boundary getting involved as players come on and off the ground
What I am seeing is Yze playing with his pen like he’s the assistant that fronts press conference to explain what’s going on when he’s not the one in charge
Livingstone is a problem for me I reckon having to much influence even with team selection.

Reactions: 2 users
This might be true because there was a game Bolton was cemented to the foward line and when Yze was asked about it, he said that it was part of the game plan.
Which didn't make much sense we were setting slapped..
I've said it many times it doesn't take much to start to derail your season.
Collingwood lose 3 games by 4 points, they aren't the same happy club.
What happened at qtr time of the west coast game because till that point we were playing with heart.
Maybe mate could be on the money. In that case players need stop the sooking get on with it , adapt the systems , leave there ego at home. Some of our senior group been drinking there bath water far to long. This period is teaching us who's in and who's out I reckon.

Last edited:
Isn't this Hardwick pre-2017? The gameplan should support the strengths of the players and enhance them, not be designed around a theoretical ideal that the cattle aren't able to deliver. If he wants a Melbourne like list to do it, we will be having 5 years of spoons before the required draft pickups are done

Maybe there’s resistance amidst the chaos of the injuries. Maybe some are just happy doing what they know. Perhaps some would prefer to try and stem the bleeding rather than implement something new. We really have no idea, but who the club tries to keep and who they are happy to let go will tell us something at the end of the season.

Bunch of blokes read some *smile* have a massive moan nothing they can do about it lolz see ya in 3-4 years when everything is in place we were always going here for a while if ya didn't know that got bag on head.

Reactions: 3 users
Isn't this Hardwick pre-2017? The gameplan should support the strengths of the players and enhance them, not be designed around a theoretical ideal that the cattle aren't able to deliver. If he wants a Melbourne like list to do it, we will be having 5 years of spoons before the required draft pickups are done
Should we stick the game plan we had when we had Taranto and Hopper in the middle and Lynch up forward, or should we turf all the preseason planning to adapt to a midfield of Dow and Sonsie kicking to Lefau?

Reactions: 4 users
AFL history teaches us that things are never as bad as they seem and equally they are never as good.
I referred last week to the fact that Essendon lost their last two games of 2023 by a combined 200 points and kicked 8 goals over two matches. At the end of this round they will be 2nd on the ladder.
To even be thinking about blaming the coach is madness, none of us can judge him now. Of course he is making mistakes, I’m pretty sure our previous coach made plenty early on as well.
To me this is the time we support our club and show support for our new coach but of course we are all going to have opinions on things that are going wrong or players, that’s what we do. But there is also a line imo.
I’m not saying there aren’t issues btw but I’m not going to help solve them by constant bagging. One thing I will do is keep showing up at games, thick and thin. To me there is a clue in the word supporter …..support !!
There will be plenty who disagree with this view and that’s fine but I don’t like some of the OTT bagging of players we get.
Go Tigers !!!!
It has to test even the best of fans. Been a noticeable decline in any semblance of tactical wins or an upward trend in form for the last four weeks or so.

Hardwick always said he knew what it took to win games of football. Just needed the cattle to implement his blueprint.
On that front Yze has had no hope this year. We beat Sydney. You can't knock the gameplan in current circumstances.

Reactions: 6 users