Adem Yze | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Adem Yze

Stig you have zero credibility.

With a fully fit list Yze can win matches.
You cant be serious judging a guy with 26 Fit players.
Not if your senior players stand behind their direct opponents at stoppages constantly
Watch the game champ !!
Didn’t you see Lachie Neale cut us up ?
Open your eyes

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 user
With all the injuries, Ooze is getting a good look at the likes of Dow, Ralphsmith, Sonsie along with Mansell and Banks until they got concussed. Green will get a block of games now, as will Smith, hopefully.
All these players as well as Bauer and Campbell (when fit) should play most of the games for the rest of the season. Ooze will have a fair idea of where these players are at by the end of the season.
Most of those players have been at the club for a few years now, we are going to find out about them, which is a good thing.

Reactions: 2 users
Warning Get Ready GIF by Holly Logan
We are travelling as well as Singapore Airlines ATM

Number one question is how do we stem the midfield bleeding?
Feels like we only have a band aid to put on a severed artery.

Shai has to spend as much time in there as possible.
McIntosh? Pickett? D Rioli? Campbell? Steely Green??

I sure don't profess to have the answers.

Reactions: 1 users

Shai has to spend as much time in there as possible.
McIntosh? Pickett? D Rioli? Campbell? Steely Green??

I sure don't profess to have the answers.
Dan Rioli should absolutely go into the midfield. There are quite a few players most recently Ed Richards who have moved from half back to midfield and doing very well.

Reactions: 3 users
What I saw Saturday night was actually over effort, ie guys playing outside their role, panicking, over extending which caused a lack of balance and guys not being predictable to each other.

It's also a key reason why so many injuries.

These days the more in control and methodical a team the more likely they win, eg Collingwood now the masters at icing a tight game.

The effort comments from Cornes, Lloyd etc is just lazy "journalism"
Good post. Over exertion can and will cause injury. It's why Geelong manage to keep their old players on the park - they have a very structured, controlled and methodical game plan. It's also why our chaos game plan caused our stars to retire early.

The challenge for Yze is to implement a game plan and structures that will serve us in the long run while also being competitive in the present. What the team has served up in the past 2 weeks has been unacceptable.

What I saw Saturday night was actually over effort, ie guys playing outside their role, panicking, over extending which caused a lack of balance and guys not being predictable to each other.

It's also a key reason why so many injuries.

These days the more in control and methodical a team the more likely they win, eg Collingwood now the masters at icing a tight game.

The effort comments from Cornes, Lloyd etc is just lazy "journalism"
I think it was talking tigers podcast that also supported this. I think they mentioned 3 out of the top 5 distances covered by players across the round were richmond. Lefau and Clarke. Can't recall the other.

Interesting question. In the coaching briefing we got before the Bullies game we were told 3 things to look out for. The first and most important was how to manage stoppages and contests. Fair to say we failed. However what we had to do was clearly enunciated and illustrated via stills and videos. Last night the Swans did what we couldn't and proved, at least to me, that the coaches know what to do to beat teams. Now comes the hard bit, that is getting the team delivering/executing to the plan. that we obviously failed to do. Part experience, part body size/strength/part effort from my observation.

Interesting the other 2 key items laid out about how to defend and where to force the Dogs and how to attack were also undertaken/adopted by the Swans.

To me that says more about our maturity and confidence as a group. A bit more maturity a bit more confidence and some hardened body and I do believe that we look vastly different.

So yeah my take is that they can coach. Just need the right available players.

But hey, I'm an optimist.

Reactions: 14 users
Martin, Prestia, & Bolton not big/experienced enough? I get that we are missing Taranto & Hopper but playing Dow comes with a major cost clearly at stoppages.
Martin , Prestia and Bolton are the problems
All got flogged when in the midfield
And Dow to easily pushed out of the contest

Martin , Prestia and Bolton are the problems
All got flogged when in the midfield
And Dow to easily pushed out of the contest
Dow is a spud, problem is he is being gifted so many games due to injuries they wont flick him and we'll be stuck with him.

• Sad
Pies have have 6 under 10 games tonight roughly. Still competing. No excuses. Yze needs to demand more and get harder.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Big ask for Ooze at the moment.
He’s got to rally the troops, get them playing good, hard fought footy and develop a sound game plan that the players follow and that keeps us competitive and at the same time sew up a top 2 draft pick.
Norm Smith, Leigh Matthews and Jeff Gieschen combined would struggle…

Great to see Yze on the ground getting involved with the players coming on and off the ground

Reactions: 10 users
Not sure....why is there STILL no kick out system...every other team has one...it can't be that hard.
And..why is Dow playing? He is seriously not suburban level.
Why has it taken 3 months to put Kosi back? He was never a forward.
Why did it take 10 weeks to coach from the bench? We have called it out for weeks.
Why is Rioli not in the middle? Etc etc...

Not convinced by a long way.

• Sad
Not sure....why is there STILL no kick out system...every other team has one...it can't be that hard.
And..why is Dow playing? He is seriously not suburban level.
Why has it taken 3 months to put Kosi back? He was never a forward.
Why did it take 10 weeks to coach from the bench? We have called it out for weeks.
Why is Rioli not in the middle? Etc etc...

Not convinced by a long way.

it took 10’weeks to coach from the bench because in the first 7 weeks we were competitive and it was not needed. It’s a year if learning give him a chance. If the basics aren’t being implemented in 3 years then different story.

Reactions: 4 users
He makes no moves
Becoming annoying that he starting to favour the older players instead of playing the kids

• Haha