Adem Yze | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Adem Yze

I would like to hear more from the O’Rourke, Gale, Livingston and Hartley.

Too much of it is left to Yze from a media front.

Reactions: 3 users
Guess that would depend on whether all those senior players felt that Ouzo was disrespecting all the hard work and the enormous achievement of that playing group over the years.
As everyone knows, at elite level sport it's a game of mere inches both physically but more importantly mentally.
Right now the playing list is devastated injury wise. There's a mob of young snot noses filling roles that half are nowhere near capable of performing adequately while the others aren't even ready for. Senior players will be frustrated by the systems, structures and players they've been used to not quite being there any more. Frustrated n pissed off that injuries have blown a hole in the team and game day performance is *smile*. Perhaps also just a tiny bit miffed that the coach cleaned out the room n stuffed everything in the junk cupboard.
Spend enough time getting clipped around the buccanearhole n shoved onto your arse n you start to wonder why you'd bother getting up again. Soon as the thought even enters your head you're meat for the victim table.
Couple of years of long time team mates retiring.
Couple of years of patchy team form barely able to reach the levels of previous years.
Coach packs up n buggers off mid season plus the known interim coach doesn't get the replacement senior job.
New bloke comes in n perhaps miffs the senior players a tad, plus there's new game structures to try n learn.
Massive injury issues n most of the youngsters have not been properly developed in recent years n not ready for their roles.

If taking a photo down causes an elite professional footballer to mentally down tools for the rest the season then it's the men in the white coats time.

It's not the photos.

Reactions: 5 users
If taking a photo down causes an elite professional footballer to mentally down tools for the rest the season then it's the men in the white coats time.

It's not the photos.
One would certainly hope not.
There's a continuous stream of *smile* injuries that's by far the biggest issue confronting us. Then there's things like individual form, game plan and systems. Then there's insignificant little head space games that can be caused by a feeling of disrespect from those in charge, or even an action that signals a changing of the guard and closing of an era. Last straw on a heap of other junk that breaks the camels back scenario.
It also doesn't help that for years we were the big dog in the yard and simply chewed up n spat out all the smaller insignificant yappers. Now they all realise the big dogs got no teef left, a bung hamstring, a couple of dodgy knees n bit of mange so they're all happy to circle around n rip us to shreds and they know there's nothing we can do to stop them.

Reactions: 1 user
Still think it’s really hard to judge Ooooze at this point , having a Gibcus or Lynch could make things a lot different with structure options .

2 small concerns are our inability to stop opposition scoring and overall lack of defensive 2 way running , 2 huge factors in premiership sides , hard to judge with so many youngsters in the side on Oooozes coaching at this point for me .

I like the fact he is giving cubs a go , not sure continuing to play short and keeping Ryan or Kozi in the magoos is smart structurally .

It appears a few of our senior lads need something more to play for , that’s going to be a great test for Oooze , these 100 point beatings need to stop no matter who’s on the park , definitely need to be better defensively

Biggest issue ain't that much the injuries but the fact we have absolutely NO leadership left on the list. Yes, we still have experienced players and premiership heroes running around but NONE of them have a smidgen of leadership qualities. That is why we have completely broken down and the cliff has come so quick. The last 2 leaders left last year. The fact Nank is our captain speaks volumes of just how much leadership we lack.
Vlastuin, Broad, Short, Nankervis, Grimes, Mcintosh, Pickett, Graham, Martin, Prestia, Balta and Bolton have no leadership qualities. None of them can lift a team.
Therein lies the real problem.
Yze has a tough tough ask ahead and will be interesting to see if he will survive long enough.
I'd be moving all of the above on except for Nank and Balta. I'd offer Baker a long contract and make him captain. That could fast track the rebuild and allow Yze to put his mark on a young playing group. Way I'm seeing it, is the majority of the senior players can't or won't grow with Yze.

Reactions: 1 user
One aspect of this team that still bewilders me when looking at other teams is MARKING!!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Yze is likely to emerge as a more effective coach given the current challenges he’s facing. With a roster suffering from numerous injuries and undergoing a generational shift, it’s a tough period for him. It’s premature to assess Yze’s coaching capabilities at this point. The upcoming year will present its own set of challenges, including veteran players retiring and others transferring to different clubs, leading to a significantly younger team. This transition is like hitting the reset button. Improvements are on the horizon, but they will require time to materialize. The mid-season draft marks the beginning of this process

Reactions: 7 users
The vfl side is a good casing point. We all agreed the team was well drilled and playing for its coach with a discernable brand. It lost by 110 points today. Destroyed by Sandy. What happened? Was it the coach that suddenly went from good to bad? Or did the straw break the camel's back after losing one player too many?

I have to admit I didn't watch the game. I read we had more injuries and players were rested. But I think it's safe to suggest there's a tipping point for any team where injuries impact performance greater than the sum of output on the injury list. That's just the predictability and physical aspect. When so much of high performance is in the head. Knowing you're out gunned has a subconscious loser or preservation response too. The team is in shambles physically and mentally. Yze had them trying for a time but the dam wall is goneski.

I don't think it's fair to judge Yze on the present. The horrible realisation is to look at WC during its injury plague and how long it took to re-emerge with any type of cohesion. It'll take time to rebuild the dam walls and fill it with belief. The team needs to settle and get some consistency. Sadly, I can't see this happening anytime soon with the number of outs and injury cadence.

Apologies for the long post.

• Love
Reactions: 18 users
The vfl side is a good casing point. We all agreed the team was well drilled and playing for its coach with a discernable brand. It lost by 110 points today. Destroyed by Sandy. What happened? Was it the coach that suddenly went from good to bad? Or did the straw break the camel's back after losing one player too many?

I have to admit I didn't watch the game. I read we had more injuries and players were rested. But I think it's safe to suggest there's a tipping point for any team where injuries impact performance greater than the sum of output on the injury list. That's just the predictability and physical aspect. When so much of high performance is in the head. Knowing you're out gunned has a subconscious loser or preservation response too. The team is in shambles physically and mentally. Yze had them trying for a time but the dam wall is goneski.

I don't think it's fair to judge Yze on the present. The horrible realisation is to look at WC during its injury plague and how long it took to re-emerge with any type of cohesion. It'll take time to rebuild the dam walls and fill it with belief. The team needs to settle and get some consistency. Sadly, I can't see this happening anytime soon with the number of outs and injury cadence.

Only 4 AFL listed players and 12 others with less than a dozen VFL games experience. Both our teams are crippled at the moment n there's bugger all coaches can do.

Reactions: 9 users
Only 4 AFL listed players and 12 others with less than a dozen VFL games experience. Both our teams are crippled at the moment n there's bugger all coaches can do.

4 listed players & then Naismith goes down with an acl injury, resulting in a very very undermanned & inexperienced team.

Zebras had 14 listed players, a huge advantage to them, no wonder we struggled.

Reactions: 2 users
Biggest issue ain't that much the injuries but the fact we have absolutely NO leadership left on the list. Yes, we still have experienced players and premiership heroes running around but NONE of them have a smidgen of leadership qualities. That is why we have completely broken down and the cliff has come so quick. The last 2 leaders left last year. The fact Nank is our captain speaks volumes of just how much leadership we lack.
Vlastuin, Broad, Short, Nankervis, Grimes, Mcintosh, Pickett, Graham, Martin, Prestia, Balta and Bolton have no leadership qualities. None of them can lift a team.
Therein lies the real problem.
Yze has a tough tough ask ahead and will be interesting to see if he will survive long enough.
I'd be moving all of the above on except for Nank and Balta. I'd offer Baker a long contract and make him captain. That could fast track the rebuild and allow Yze to put his mark on a young playing group. Way I'm seeing it, is the majority of the senior players can't or won't grow with Yze.
I think Taranto, Hopper and Lynch is now our leadership core. Perhaps Broad too. The others (premiership heroes) have many fine qualities but not sure any are the leaders we need for the next phase.

Reactions: 2 users
4 listed players & then Naismith goes down with an acl injury, resulting in a very very undermanned & inexperienced team.

Zebras had 14 listed players, a huge advantage to them, no wonder we struggled.
It's more about the drop off. We pushed the unbeaten team last week. We succumbed by 110 points this week. We only lost a few more players yet the drop off was exponential. This is what we're dealing with.

Reactions: 1 users
It's more about the drop off. We pushed the unbeaten team last week. We succumbed by 110 points this week. We only lost a few more players yet the drop off was exponential. This is what we're dealing with.

I think we had 4 VFL debutantes this week, that's quite a significant injection of inexperience.

That's what we're dealing with.

I think Taranto, Hopper and Lynch is now our leadership core. Perhaps Broad too. The others (premiership heroes) have many fine qualities but not sure any are the leaders we need for the next phase.
Agree. I hope Broady stays on coz I like what he said last night with true honesty in his face.

Reactions: 6 users

WC are a good comparison I think. This was also brought up on the Mongrel Punt facebook group, here's what they said:
"Richmond
When West Coast was on its knees for the last 2 years, the media routinely criticised the club saying they should be doing better. But now we've seen an absolute carbon copy with Tigers.
They said we needed to trade everyone and we held onto too many players ..blah blah
In fact, West Coast had more injuries than Richmond. Yet the same thing has happened...
You can't compete when you have 15 to 20 injured guys on your list.
I genuinely feel for Richmond And there's no easy way back.
It will be painful
Advice from an Eagles fan
Mow your lawns more a d find a hobby ...it will be ugly for a while."

Reactions: 8 users
Yze is likely to emerge as a more effective coach given the current challenges he’s facing. With a roster suffering from numerous injuries and undergoing a generational shift, it’s a tough period for him. It’s premature to assess Yze’s coaching capabilities at this point. The upcoming year will present its own set of challenges, including veteran players retiring and others transferring to different clubs, leading to a significantly younger team. This transition is like hitting the reset button. Improvements are on the horizon, but they will require time to materialize. The mid-season draft marks the beginning of this process
It's now that our Tiges need Supporters not just barrackers. As I've found over my 56 years membership- stick with them, support them & the good times will return. so, Go Tiges

• Love
Reactions: 14 users
WC are a good comparison I think. This was also brought up on the Mongrel Punt facebook group, here's what they said:
"Richmond
When West Coast was on its knees for the last 2 years, the media routinely criticised the club saying they should be doing better. But now we've seen an absolute carbon copy with Tigers.
They said we needed to trade everyone and we held onto too many players ..blah blah
In fact, West Coast had more injuries than Richmond. Yet the same thing has happened...
You can't compete when you have 15 to 20 injured guys on your list.
I genuinely feel for Richmond And there's no easy way back.
It will be painful
Advice from an Eagles fan
Mow your lawns more a d find a hobby ...it will be ugly for a while."
Exactly if you can't rationalise it look away. It'll take time. We've had less than 8 players play every game. Every play practiced preseason is out the window. The basics will need to be retaught to each new player coming onto the line. Then there's the cohesion that can only be established by playing together consistently.

The side needs to settle. Then games pumped into it to build consistency. I can't see the side settling for at least 6 weeks assuming we get the cattle back and they stay fit. How long it takes to start playing the desired game plan is beyond me. The bye is at week 4. Good timing to regroup, reinvigorate and rebuild connection.