Adem Yze | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Adem Yze

New coach all gone wrong for many reasons but come game day like today first choice , beef up the backline. It is leaking like a sieve yet on past performances Balta is one of the best back men in the league yet where is he ?. Ooze reckons he is another Jack but he aint & never will be. If Ooze does not move him back next week good night Tigers big time.
Back line's not leaking it's getting buried under an avalanche every week. Midfield needs a massive fix first, that's still where the game starts and is controlled from. Then the forward arc needs a fair bit of fixing as well, then after that look at polishing up the back line.

Reactions: 1 users
He either believed we could contend or he lied just to get the job. His early comments seemed to show he believed we were a chance. Which in reality has lost us another year. 2023 was a complete waste that made the rebuild a heck of a lot harder than it could have been. Now this year is another wasted one. We were nowhere near a flag this year regardless of injuries. We should have started the rebuild earlier.
Time will tell. I truly hope he can turn it all around I just don't know if he will get the time. To me he seems like the type that will need to grow with the players. That is not possible with senior ageing premiership stars that are set in their ways and can't grow with you. He should have gone the hard road to start with.
List at full strength maybe we would have been hunting for a finals spot. List destroyed by injuries means we're completely *smile* for the season.
The fact that hardly any of our youngsters had reasonable senior game time over the previous couple of seasons has exposed us to the horror show nightmare that we've got now. A handful of older very experienced players and a bunch of young nuffers that haven't really got a clue.
The only good thing that will come out of the season is the amount of games the young blokes will have gained this year plus an understanding of the work ethic n effort required to play senior footy.

Reactions: 3 users
Three big fat premiership cups. WTF do you want for nothing?
He left behind a dynasty we can tell our grandkids about. But he also left a list that was going to fall off a cliff in pursuit of another flag. They are so hard to win that is was probably worth it but if it didn’t it left us in a terrible list spot which we now see.

It’s unfair to start casting doubt on Yze and the coaches. He has nothing to work with and it’s getting worse by the week. He even admitted there emotional resistance is paper thin at the moment. Lions bang on 5 goals in 8 mins and the players are done. There is no coach in the world that can counter that with the personnel issues we have.
Hang in fellow Tigers, this is when the players need to see us in the stands.

• Love
Reactions: 15 users
The only good thing that will come out of the season is the amount of games the young blokes will have gained this year plus an understanding of the work ethic n effort required to play senior footy.
That's very true. The only thing that is a concern is exposing young players to an environment where we're getting belted every week, but we don't have a choice. I think it's important not to expect too much of them, just look for signs.

Shut the door on the way out mate
You can have midfielders standing behind their opponents at centre clearances
End of story
Will be the end of your career if you persist with this rubbish
Jack Ziebell, Chris Newman and Kane Lambert are the midfield coaches.

Hardly ‘for nothing’. 37 years of pain is hardly nothing.
Well there's always St Kiddenme or the Woofers, perhaps even the Frockers or #Lolnorf if you want to find a reason to have a really good woe is me sook.
I'm happy to cop the 8 flags I've had to brag about over the almost 60 years of following the Tiges. The last 3 have been extra special purely because I thought I wouldn't be seeing any more.
Funny thing about footy n Tiges, they're usually good for a few years n winning some flags n then turn to *smile* for a long time in between.
Enjoy the sunshine when ya can n don't bleat n moan to hard when it rains a bit. Raining helps things grow n is needed to brew sippins with, which also helps make the sunshiny days way more enjoyable.

Reactions: 4 users

........ He even admitted there emotional resistance is paper thin at the moment. Lions bang on 5 goals in 8 mins and the players are done. There is no coach in the world that can counter that with the personnel issues we have.
Hang in fellow Tigers, this is when the players need to see us in the stands.
This was openly stated in the coaches briefing I attended last week. The senior players "are lost". What's previously worked is no longer working and their heads are dropping. I notice it most with Dan, He's usually so good, takes on an opponent and then drills a 30 odd meter pass and hits a teammate. Now takes on an opponent and then bombs the ball (normally to the unattended opposition backman) as a "just get the ball as far away as possible" approach. That's a clear indication of loss of belief/lack of trust imho.

Reactions: 3 users
I’m glad he said “Our synergy and our team defence is out of whack, it was too easy for them” because that is precisely what’s disappointing.

Injuries, young kids, losing. I can handle all of that but the lack of spirit is really discouraging right now. Pressure level is low.

You don’t need talent to defend around the ground when you don’t have the ball. Just energy and an attitude.

Reactions: 2 users
Yze put all the senior players noses out of joint when taking down the Premiership Photo's.
Said it at the time it was wrong.

I’m glad he said “Our synergy and our team defence is out of whack, it was too easy for them” because that is precisely what’s disappointing.

Injuries, young kids, losing. I can handle all of that but the lack of spirit is really discouraging right now. Pressure level is low.

You don’t need talent to defend around the ground when you don’t have the ball. Just energy and an attitude.
Correct
Basic no 1 task when playing onball
Keep in front of your direct opponent or at least impede him
Laughable last
The Neale centre clearance when Shai was 3 metres behind him and the ball was kicked to Cameron who run in for an easy goal was mind boggling
Shai head wasn’t in the game as weren’t other senior players

AFL history teaches us that things are never as bad as they seem and equally they are never as good.
I referred last week to the fact that Essendon lost their last two games of 2023 by a combined 200 points and kicked 8 goals over two matches. At the end of this round they will be 2nd on the ladder.
To even be thinking about blaming the coach is madness, none of us can judge him now. Of course he is making mistakes, I’m pretty sure our previous coach made plenty early on as well.
To me this is the time we support our club and show support for our new coach but of course we are all going to have opinions on things that are going wrong or players, that’s what we do. But there is also a line imo.
I’m not saying there aren’t issues btw but I’m not going to help solve them by constant bagging. One thing I will do is keep showing up at games, thick and thin. To me there is a clue in the word supporter …..support !!
There will be plenty who disagree with this view and that’s fine but I don’t like some of the OTT bagging of players we get.
Go Tigers !!!!

Reactions: 14 users
Yze put all the senior players noses out of joint when taking down the Premiership Photo's.
Said it at the time it was wrong.
The offset is that it makes the new players feel equal to all others which boosts their confidence. Many others in the media have agreed it was the right thing to do without having the premiership players live in the past as some have shown since 2020.