2024 Training With The Ooze Crew | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Training With The Ooze Crew

Any sightings of Colina?
His back injury must be a difficult one
He was in our room 2 weeks ago. He had a stress fracture in Feb/Mar. Needs monthly scans to determine injury status and as I understood it, 3 clear scans before he can start running again. His 6th scan and hopefully 3rd clear one is this week. So possibly gentle running starting next week.

Reactions: 4 users
He was in our room 2 weeks ago. He had a stress fracture in Feb/Mar. Needs monthly scans to determine injury status and as I understood it, 3 clear scans before he can start running again. His 6th scan and hopefully 3rd clear one is this week. So possibly gentle running starting next week.
Apparently his spine is that long that it takes him 3 weeks to get through the MRI machine

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users

We can't really hold out much hope, can we? I am not a medical person just assume that an 8 foot ruckman with back complaints can't last long

Let’s hope it’s a third clear scan

Reactions: 1 user
Main Training Today Thursday:

Absent:

Dusty, Seth, OHB

Back in the fold fully:
Samson
Bauer
Prestia

Rehab Observations:
Lynch:
doesn't look that close to me:(, he only ran laps
MJ: did warm up, a little bit of solo forward work and lap running, I think he will join the main group next week.
Pickett: did the warm up with the main group but little else.
Jack Ross: warm up and running, still some way to go
Fawcett: very limited jogging but out there for basically the first time
Campbell Gray: Chatted briefly to us as he walked the boundary, poor bugger did his hammy in the 36th minute of the last qtr, he is just starting to do some gentle jogging.

Reactions: 31 users

Absent:

Dusty, Seth, OHB

Back in the fold fully:
Samson
Bauer
Prestia

Rehab Observations:
Lynch:
MJ: did warm up, a little bit of solo forward work and lap running, I think he will join the main group next week.
Campbell Gray: Chatted briefly to us as he walked the boundary, poor bugger did his hammy in the 36th minute of the last qtr, he is just starting to do some gentle jogging.
Thanks Caesar. Good news to at least have Fawcett on the track. Hopefully he can get his fitness right and put in a good pre season and give our kpf stocks a boost.

Reactions: 4 users

Absent:

Dusty, Seth, OHB

Back in the fold fully:
Samson
Bauer
Prestia

Rehab Observations:
Lynch:
What's happened to Seth?

Absent:

Dusty, Seth, OHB

Back in the fold fully:
Samson
Bauer
Prestia

Rehab Observations:
Lynch:
as always nice to get the training update (y)

Reactions: 12 users
What’s the game plan? FMD.
Top Secret Animation GIF by Mashed

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Absent:

Dusty, Seth, OHB

Back in the fold fully:
Samson
Bauer
Prestia

Rehab Observations:
Lynch:
Dusty won’t play it looks like

Just to add to @caesar's report I/we noticed a clear change in some of the training drills. They clearly called out a matchplay drill and there was lots of focus on defense and then attack. I am sorry to disappoint many but there is clear focus on breaking down the gameplan and then practicing set plays/game drills to teach defensive, stoppage and attacking patterns/processes. Was fun to watch and interesting to note those players that get it and those that still need to learn what is expected.

Given it was very windy/gusty the coaches didn't get too fussed with wayward long kicks but execution in close, running patterns and channels and quick execution was a clear focus. Also, and again I hate to disappoint some, but there was some blunt, loud, stern direction provided by a couple of coaches both generally and to a couple of players specifically. Really strict in one of the defensive drills where there was blunt feedback provided on poor positioning.

It was a solid, fast 90 min session with a real focus on good defensive structure and then good overlap running and holding space/width. This aspect of holding width is something I've seen us struggle with against the Hawks and Freo. I felt it was a clear focus today.

• Love
Reactions: 32 users
Just to add to @caesar's report I/we noticed a clear change in some of the training drills. They clearly called out a matchplay drill and there was lots of focus on defense and then attack. I am sorry to disappoint many but there is clear focus on breaking down the gameplan and then practicing set plays/game drills to teach defensive, stoppage and attacking patterns/processes. Was fun to watch and interesting to note those players that get it and those that still need to learn what is expected.

Given it was very windy/gusty the coaches didn't get too fussed with wayward long kicks but execution in close, running patterns and channels and quick execution was a clear focus. Also, and again I hate to disappoint some, but there was some blunt, loud, stern direction provided by a couple of coaches both generally and to a couple of players specifically. Really strict in one of the defensive drills where there was blunt feedback provided on poor positioning.

It was a solid, fast 90 min session with a real focus on good defensive structure and then good overlap running and holding space/width. This aspect of holding width is something I've seen us struggle with against the Hawks and Freo. I felt it was a clear focus today.
Good stuff HK. Any chance of who the slow learners were?