2024 Richmond Coach | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Richmond Coach

Isn’t that part of the whole role of the fitness staff as well?

I think great fitness staff build belief and confidence really well. They create a mindset in the players that they have done the work and they are capable of outlasting anyone. Darren Burgess is particularly good in that space, he has the guys believing they are fitter than anyone else which gives them a confidence when they play.

It's like any coach though, you can be the greatest of all time but ultimately the players have to get it done. When it comes to the 20 minute mark of the last quarter it is about the will and want of the player and all the coach can do is hope they execute.

Reactions: 2 users
I am sure our new coach has already been mentioned on this thread. Don't rate any of them to be in Dimma's league.

Reactions: 1 user
Fly sugar hit. They haven't won the flag yet. Out straight sets last year when it counted.
They lost 2 games under 6pts to Geelong & Sydney
(There narrow wins went missing when it counted the most)
But they did beat Freo on the G

Reactions: 1 users
All you have to do is look at Collingwood as the most recent example of this.

Yep.
Buckley coach - bottom end of the ladder
Richmond Man coach - Premiership favorites

If Buckley get's our job I might just cross over to the Darkside

Reactions: 1 users
What a journey you've had with that lot. Broke and all the way down and out in non-league football to now competing to get back into the Premier League. You must be thrilled.
Agreed. Best of luck to Luton against Coventry, who've had their own harrowing descent through the divisions, administrations and all. If only both teams could go up! Going to be a typically nerve-shredding play-off final!

Early days but expect Leppa, Carr, Yze, Newman and Pyke (if he wants to be considered) to be on the shortlist for interviews.

Listening to Leon Cameron today on SEN, I would suspect he will throw his hat in the ring.
Great bloke but butchered GWS.

Watching the coaches' videos during the 2019 Grand Final he didn't appear to have much idea. Same goes for Hinkley during the 2019 Prelim.