2024 Richmond Coach | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Richmond Coach

Hope it works out for Mini , but how many times this scenario has failed caretakergetsthe job . Aslong as we do a process and interview other candidates with due diligence.

Hope it works out for Mini , but how many times this scenario has failed caretakergetsthe job . Aslong as we do a process and interview other candidates with due diligence.
If he somehow got us to finals it would be a fair resume.

Might be a bit irrational, but I hope it is someone who has been involved with us at some stage of our success- Mini, Grigg, Leppa, X. Clarke just a few examples. Some wont be considered for various reasons, but i think someone who understands what has brought us success, while bringing in new ideas will help.
Someone coming from the outside might have to try very (too) hard to fit the ethos of the club which may not come naturally- Bucks always looked like this once we had success.

The problem I see with that thinking is it means Hardwick wouldn’t have got the job.

Reactions: 1 user
I Wouldnt think wed be overwhelmed by applications.

Its a bit of a hiding to nothing.

Overseeing the exit of champs, no draft pick, the best of times getting smaller in the rear vision mirror

Ill speculate tomoz
Couldn’t disagree more.
Every coach who has ambitions to coach for first time or again as head coach of an AFL club will polishing up their resumes and getting their managers to make a phone call, and this would be true for even the worst run clubs let alone a great run club like Richmond.
And to the state of the list, any prospective coach would absolutely back himself in to rebuild the team and develop a style of play that would ultimately challenge for finals.
We will have the pick of the best available.
I reckon Josh Carr will have one eye on Port and the other on the Tigers and thinking what he could do with us.

Reactions: 1 users
Couldn’t disagree more.
Every coach who has ambitions to coach for first time or again as head coach of an AFL club will polishing up their resumes and getting their managers to make a phone call, and this would be true for even the worst run clubs let alone a great run club like Richmond.
And to the state of the list, any prospective coach would absolutely back himself in to rebuild the team and develop a style of play that would ultimately challenge for finals.
We will have the pick of the best available.
I reckon Josh Carr will have one eye on Port and the other on the Tigers and thinking what he could do with us.

Yeah i wrote that in the emotion of dimma quitting,

Ive changed my mind and agree with you

I think we need to appoint a coach that has played for the club in recent times.Going back we appointed a guy called Tommy Hafey who played 67 games for the club.Got us four flags and a runners up.Sure he coached Shepparton to 3 flags beforehand so he had some coaching experience.For me I think JR is the prime candidate given his longevity,fotball nous,and pride in the club.Some here would say he has no experience as a coach,but Dimma took the job when we were a basket case.Jack does not have that hurdle to overcome.

Craig McRae was pumping up Leppa's tires big time today. Said he was one of the best footy brains he's come across and would be much better the second time around.

It's going to be a busy time for the tigers but we do have a lot of time up our sleeve.

Reactions: 3 users
Looking forward to see how McQualter speaks at pressers. He sounded good in the RFC video.
Of all the names thrown up on this thread, I have his right up there in contention at this moment in time.

I really like the idea of continuity of the current cultural fabric and maintaining the clubs ’newly’ established identity (circa 2017), while also looking at a young first time senior coach that can grow with the new list he builds.

If he can demostrate he’s got what it takes at the top level, it could be a seamless ‘our four walls’ transition. Don’t forget we’re a good club now.

Without question a million times better choice than a former champion player with little to no coaching experience. Only a shambolic club would do that in 2023.

Reactions: 7 users
Would McQualter have preferred to have just had the chance to apply at seasons end , bit of a dammed if you do scenario

Hard to implement much halfway through & likely judged on results

No to Leppa and Bucks

No to favourite sons Knighta, Lambo or Griggy

We ain’t Essendon

Yze please

In a strange way I'm excited about what's next.
There was a sense of complacency that has crept into Tiger supporters & no doubt the playing group.
Struggle is good. Re-invigoration is good.
A new chapter begins.

Again, on point ToO

TBH I hope we don’t rest on our laurels and just find “another Dimma”

If the rules of the game steer us all down a more clinical style, I’d like a coach that can deliver that

It would be refreshing to see some clean foot skills

TBH I hope we don’t rest on our laurels and just find “another Dimma”

If the rules of the game steer us all down a more clinical style, I’d like a coach that can deliver that

It would be refreshing to see some clean foot skills
Carter I dont think the next 'Dimma' is in reference to game style but more towards managing young men and building culture.

Reactions: 2 users