2024 Paris Olympics | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Paris Olympics

We look much better with our bench on. Tolo used to this style of basketball as she plays in Europe. George physical and can shoot from outside.

Reactions: 1 user
4 x 200m women's freestyle smashed it with a new Olympic record. The Aussie women are killing it. All 8 gold medals won by female athletes.

Time they established another category for athletes. Male, abled. Female, abled. Male, disabled. Female, disabled. Gender, Dysfunctional or perhaps unidentifiable.

No surprise that I no longer bother with most sporting competitions these days. Fifty years of continual doping scandals by not just individuals but by Govt backed regime after regime. Technology and equipment creating levels of advantage that enhance the performances of only those that can afford the equipment. Gender insanity that allows men to physically compete against women. Just an embarrassing and humiliating circus.

Reactions: 1 users
She's not trans, was born as a woman. Seems to be a similar situation to Caster Semenya where she has higher testosterone levels and some other male chromosomal characteristics.
This news is so 'all over the place' it's laughable. The world is getting scarier.

I've noticed some females who look a lot like men a few times in the past.

Last edited:
She's not trans, was born as a woman. Seems to be a similar situation to Caster Semenya where she has higher testosterone levels and some other male chromosomal characteristics.
Yes, this is what makes it very difficult. This is the way she was born (as I understand it).
There are so many elements to this
She does seem to have an advantage in power but it is naturally occurring not through any chemical intervention.
No easy answer although she did fail a test at some point.

I think these boxers have to take the AOC to court and sue them. Watching this my heart breaks. This lady is a 2 time world champion. Never been hit harder was her quote.

Did i read the woman who smashed her face in has a Y chromosome?

If factual, i think you could pretty safely say blanket 'no Y chromosomes in womens boxing'

Without starting even the slightest culture war skirmish?

Is there more to this story, or is it a no brainer balls up, excuse the pun

I know boxing does brash better than most, but i thought the contentiously chromosomed fighters quote of 'I will fight anyone, anytime, im here for gold'

was stupid and ill-timed and insensitive at best; pouring petrol on a burning (wo)man

How about fighting Temoana Temoana after breaky?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Did i read the woman who smashed her face in has a Y chromosome?

If factual, i think you could pretty safely say blanket 'no Y chromosomes in womens boxing'

Without starting even the slightest culture war skirmish?

Is there more to this story, or is it a no brainer balls up, excuse the pun

I know boxing does brash better than most, but i thought the contentiously chromosomed fighters quote of 'I will fight anyone, anytime, im here for gold'

was stupid and ill-timed and insensitive at best; pouring petrol on a burning (wo)man

How about fighting Temoana Temoana after breaky?
Yes they have a Y chromosome.

Apparently there's two " female " fighters with the XY chromosomes n both had been banned by the controlling boxing regulators. Somewhere due to some corruption in boxing claims the Olympic federation have over ruled the boxing federation and allowed these boxers to be classified as women and the result showed last night.

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
Have seen all my events. Now just enjoying the sights.
Despite a lot of traditional tourist areas of the city being inaccessible, Paris has been an absolutely brilliant location to host the games & the French have done it so well.
Honestly I can’t see how modest Brisbane in 8 years can possibly compete on this level.

Reactions: 7 users
IOC revoked the IBA's Olympic credentials because (summarising here) boxing was murky enough with plenty of controversies in the Olympics, but when a Russian oligarch took control of the IBA, it just got worse. So the IOC themselves are managing the boxing this year.

It was the IBA that banned the two boxers recently despite the fact they had fought many times before and won titles. IOC decided to ignore the IBA bans.

I don't know enough about 3XY to have a strong position, but you'd think that the rules governing eligibility would be a lot stricter in combat sports than they would in other sports.

Reactions: 5 users
IOC revoked the IBA's Olympic credentials because (summarising here) boxing was murky enough with plenty of controversies in the Olympics, but when a Russian oligarch took control of the IBA, it just got worse. So the IOC themselves are managing the boxing this year.

It was the IBA that banned the two boxers recently despite the fact they had fought many times before and won titles. IOC decided to ignore the IBA bans.

I don't know enough about 3XY to have a strong position, but you'd think that the rules governing eligibility would be a lot stricter in combat sports than they would in other sports.
I heard somewhere that boxing either has been dropped or is likely to be dropped as an Olympic sport?

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Time they established another category for athletes. Male, abled. Female, abled. Male, disabled. Female, disabled. Gender, Dysfunctional or perhaps unidentifiable.

No surprise that I no longer bother with most sporting competitions these days. Fifty years of continual doping scandals by not just individuals but by Govt backed regime after regime. Technology and equipment creating levels of advantage that enhance the performances of only those that can afford the equipment. Gender insanity that allows men to physically compete against women. Just an embarrassing and humiliating circus.
Once more bucket to address your last comment, an "open" category for those who want to be juiced up and genetically engineered for competition.

Hear hear Chumpley. Speaking of which, why is everything corny, lame deviations of names ? It's the Tillies, Arnie, Jessie, Sammy, Gracie, Winno etc. Ffs. Just call their names like you're a broadcasting professional and not some kitsch, saccharin laced morning show barracker. They're like silly, fan-based, 10 year old kids half of them.
Yes - a bit like they do in the AFL with Ian Hill. Oh sorry, "Bobby". His name is Ian you wangs!

I've noticed some females who look a lot like men a few times in the past.
Track's Most Resilient (and Suspect) Record Is in Danger - The New ...

800m women’s world record holder. One of the (if not, the) longest held world records on the track.

Caster Semenya who was born genuinely intersex couldn’t even get close to the 800m world record, despite making her opponents look every bit as running in a different category.